• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Playing IC Really worth it?

ICYDp

Smash Rookie
I have been maining IC sence the release, and I am just now starting to question if it is a good decision. I have invested countless hours into learning to Chain grab and play with a single popo. but it seems like slowly we are losing im watching people in the SBR like gimpy and azn_lep say they are against the chain grab. and it makes me wonder if Ice climbers arnt a self fulfilling prophecy, If any among us ever gets good enough to place consistantly in tournys or even win, then we become over powered and our chains are banned, it seems like any skill we may have is totally disregarded. Also mabye its just me but in my play the idea i can chain grab is almost as good if not better than the chain grab it makes your opponent play a certain way around you, with out that threat i think alot of our mind games will be ruined. What do you fellow IC mains think?

Melee1

Smash Journeyman
Its so worth it. Ive won tourneys and over 500 dollars for brawl already. Ive only had brawl for three weeks.

Corner-Trap

Smash Ace
Please direct me to the posts where SBR members say they're against the IC's infinites. We've had several threads of people blatantly wanting the infinites to be banned but several of the more well known SBR members made statements saying that it was ignorant to do so.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I can actually quote a post from Gimpy in the SBR saying that the CG's shouldn't be banned. So that information is wrong at least. And I believe Azn_Lep said that he thinks it's broken, but it shouldn't be banned as we have no proof yet.

Melee1

Smash Journeyman
If cg is banned, why not bann others like mk and snakes and ddds grabs. Everyone needs to quit crying.

icincelli

Smash Cadet
I'd say it's worth it only if you can chaingrab. Killing someone with a downthrow chain to fair makes you feel awesome.
yeah i do got to agree it does feel pretty awesome.

what i love doing is getting people in the ice block bounce infinite. they look so helpless

Scala

Smash Ace
If cg is banned, why not bann others like mk and snakes and ddds grabs. Everyone needs to quit crying.
The thing that makes IC's chaingrab so bad is that you can combo from 0 to death guaranteed if done perfectly.

Chaingrabs ruined brawl.

Miller

Smash Lord
Actually, With MK, you can Down throw, Dash Attack, Turn around and grab, then repeat

And I wouldnt worry, the worst they'd do is Limit the amount of times you could do it.

Corner-Trap

Smash Ace
The thing that makes IC's chaingrab so bad is that you can combo from 0 to death guaranteed if done perfectly.

Chaingrabs ruined brawl.
The IC's had a much easier infinite in Melee and every character had some form of CG, and did that ruin Melee? Why do people act like CG's are somehow new to Smash?

You mean the characters Metaknight and Snake right because, as far as I know, neither of them have chain grabs. (God, could you imagine? :laugh:)
Snake has an infinite with his Dthrow if done next to a ledge.

apmpnmdslkbk

Smash Journeyman
How dare u ask such a question!!!!!

But seriously cging (or whatever) is not the only thing that the ic can do.

I myself cant do it to well but I have seen people combo like crazy by descyncing the pair and having one attack after the other.

icincelli

Smash Cadet
seriously stop complaining. you know how hard it is to do the alternating grab with ice climbers. the weight is different for each character and the timing is different. if someone gets you in it you deserve to die. ics form of comboing is grabbing just like jiggs is edgegaurding or fox's is down b.

Melee1

Smash Journeyman
Its funny, people claim they like brawl and then say somthing like that attack is broken, or that character is broken. I got a good idea!! Lets bann every attack/character so we can all be happy.

Nintendogs

Smash Journeyman
Why do people even think that the IC are magically going to transform from mid-tier (thats what they are right now with chaingrabs) to God-tier, and everyone is going to choose them for their character?

icincelli

Smash Cadet
Why do people even think that the IC are magically going to transform from mid-tier (thats what they are right now with chaingrabs) to God-tier, and everyone is going to choose them for their character?
i dont know why ppl think that, but ice climbers are no where close to god-tier

Dustlord

Smash Cadet
You know what my problem with the chain grab ban is? You can't enforce it. Here's what I mean:

If it's not ok to chain grab, can I grab them once? If I can, can I attack, regrab, and throw/smash them? If that's ok, can I grab/regrab/regrab/Smash or throw?

How many grabs is a chaingrab? Is it anytime there's more than once? Or can I do part of it and be ok? Or is there a limit to the damage I can rack up with it before I have to stop? Can I rack up 50% damage and be ok? Or what if I accidentily go over that, is that wrong? If I do a grab, regrab, and kill, was I in the wrong, even though I only regrabbed once?

The reason I'm against banning the chain grab is because I don't think you can justify banning the seperate moves that comprise the chain grab.

Of course, I haven't been able to use the Ice Climbers chan grab yet, but that's beside the point.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
i like fighting ice lcimbers. its just that offline pro ones who dont miss a single CG make me angry lol still i can win its just that much harder and i like it . keep being IC dude theyr like my 4rth

Top Bottom