• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is olimar a good choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXis

Smash Cadet
Sooo, you like to play castlevania i've been thinking of picking up olimar lately because i wanted a character who would do well in tournaments while still being a character from one of my favorite franchise. Does he have a steep learning curve?

Denti

Smash Master
Olimar can be easy to pick up, but being at a disadvantage with olimar "can" be the nightmare from hell. If you do pick him up, he is all about making combos with his down throw + grab range, useing smashes as spacing, pikmin tossing to pressure your opponent to approach, and watching your pikmin line and making choices that are relevant to your line set up. being gimped is something you'll just learn how to avoid after awhile, it doesn't happen to most olimar mains a lot because we learn how to avoid those situations.. but it still happens and still sucks hard. any specific questions i can help you with? and yes Llumys is correct about the Q and A thread. :)

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Olimar has a lot to remember/keep track off to play him, and playing him will be frustrating for awhile, but after you get everything down he's really fun and definitely tournament viable. Sorry but I'll have to close this thread :( If you have any more questions, ask in our Q&A thread :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom