• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Olimar a dissapointment? why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lone Spectator

Smash Apprentice
He is small, the smallest PC ever if I'm not mistaken. Then again his size seems right seeing how he was in Pikmin. But this could mean he's hella fast, we don't know much ><
He is small, smaller then Diddy Kong(without the antena, of course).

In the games, a fat Duracell battery is 6 times his size(in terms of height of course). The Pikmin World was inspired by Miyamoto's garden, and he imagined what if the pikmin where tiny little critters living there. That' why Olimar is so small. He's also a tiny critter.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Congrats. You have proved yourself to have a higher IQ than 90% of the people in this thread.
Since when is that thread an IQ test?

And Olimar? I really didn't think he'd make it. But now that he's in... well, can't help but give him a try... he can't be unoriginal I guess...

The Protagonist

Smash Cadet
Well, I'll say that I didn't think Captain Olimar would get a spot. But I can't say that I'm disappointed for three reasons...

1.) I have no idea what he can do yet (I never played Pikman)

2.) I have a feeling the character additions will only get weirder from here (K.Rool, Ridley, Mega Man?? Hell we might even get KOS-MOS! ...probably not that though :urg:

3.) It would be funny that after all these people talking crap about Olimar he turns out to be Top Tier. We all know how karma works lol

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
well i dont like olimar

also for the person that say that he look that he came from the nintendo 64 is blind

LotusMyuushin

Smash Apprentice
You can't say this isn't a dissapointment, his appearance in Brawl may be a dissapointment already for some people. What you can't say is that he sucks, he's weak or his B moves are so lame that the game shuts down.

AMPMClock

Smash Apprentice
He has such an interesting way to fight, how can you not look forward to playing as him?

I may have never been one to Pikmin games, but I can bet using Olimar will be really fun and strange.

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
You can't say this isn't a dissapointment, his appearance in Brawl may be a dissapointment already for some people. What you can't say is that he sucks, he's weak or his B moves are so lame that the game shuts down.
true the only character that could dissapoint me it would be Sukapon

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
I love how the only people who are ripping on Olimar have the words n00b or Child in their forum title.
Quiet nubs. This is unique and can only be a good thing.

shellblade

Smash Cadet
Ok? Personally I think Sonic is a disappointment to me. He's a lame character from a now garbage franchise.

Olimar is from an awesome game thats owned by Nintendo. But to each his own. Your post is a disappointment though for not even stating a reason as to why he disappoints you.
Must.... resist.... flaming...must save for sonic thread:ohwell:

I think Olimar is cool new addition and I'm proud of the fact that I can shove this into the faces of non believers. So no, he's not boring

:034:

Smash Hero
Olimar is never a disappointment. I literally jumped with joy after seeing this update.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
yeah but wouldn't anyone rather have someone else ? he looks really boring
Hes extremely unique and looks like he hes going to require a lot of skill to play with. How could you say boring? Im not a big fan or anything but, common now. Dont be ridiculous.

"Ok? Personally I think Sonic is a disappointment to me. He's a lame character from a now garbage franchise.

Olimar is from an awesome game thats owned by Nintendo. But to each his own. Your post is a disappointment though for not even stating a reason as to why he disappoints you."

Lol dont fight your opinion with trashing Sonic. He is just as unique and one of the coolest characters ever created. Hes a gaming icon, even if his games now a days suck. I mean, common, who DOESNT know who Sonic is??

LotusMyuushin

Smash Apprentice
I love how the only people who are ripping on Olimar have the words n00b or Child in their forum title.
Quiet nubs. This is unique and can only be a good thing.
Those forum titles are based on posts, not actions. Someone who goes into all the topics, spreads his nooby opinion and ''accidentally'' double posts shouldn't have a bigger opinion then someone who only makes posts to the topics he likes and he or she knows stuff about. Like me.

And unique =/= good thing.
good thing = opinion

volbound1700

Smash Master
Wow talk about flaming... I suprised the mods don't lock this thread lol.

I don't see how a new character is a dissappointment.

m3cadet

Smash Rookie
I'm not a fan of Olimar but i'll give him a shot. He' definately not the character that i'm dying to have in brawl.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Those forum titles are based on posts, not actions. Someone who goes into all the topics, spreads his nooby opinion and ''accidentally'' double posts shouldn't have a bigger opinion then someone who only makes posts to the topics he likes and he or she knows stuff about. Like me.

And unique =/= good thing.
good thing = opinion
Unique fighters is what set Smash Bros apart from other fighters, and Olimar is as unique as they come. How is it that ANYONE could be anything but overjoyed about his glorious confirmation?

LotusMyuushin

Smash Apprentice
Unique fighters is what set Smash Bros apart from other fighters, and Olimar is as unique as they come. How is it that ANYONE could be anything but overjoyed about his glorious confirmation?
I guess people who haven't played Pikmin won't go nuts about him (Like me...)
But it's just people like Mario and Link represent big hero's, and without Olimar's story, I can't see him as a real awesome fighter. But, lacking info of Olimar, I can't say I hate him.

I just don't like his style (At the moment), but my opinion is less valid because I never played Pikmin.

(Unique isn't always good, Game and Watch was unique. Never liked him at all.)

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I guess people who haven't played Pikmin won't go nuts about him (Like me...)
But it's just people like Mario and Link represent big hero's, and without Olimar's story, I can't see him as a real awesome fighter. But, lacking info of Olimar, I can't say I hate him.

I just don't like his style (At the moment), but my opinion is less valid because I never played Pikmin.

(Unique isn't always good, Game and Watch was unique. Never liked him at all.)
You really should play the Pikmin games. Every gamer should. Easily two of my favorite games ever.

And I like G&W. He's not very useful, but he's still a fun and awesome character in my books.

GenG

Smash Lord
Another ****storm? How can you hate Olimar? Pikmin is a crude tale of survival and blind faith to death under a kiddie appareance.

Machete

Smash Ace
Olimar is a freaking astronaut who uses a slave species as his weapons. That's awesome.

I'm not surprised. He was an obvious choice. But he looks better than I imagined. I know I'll play as him a lot.

Also, the size arguments are now dead.

BTW, his haters used to be completely annoying, and the "Pikmen" are a good fanclub (I've never seen they spamming or flamming).

He's not a fighter, uh

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
To all of those who are dissapointed to see Olimar playable, check out my sig. :p

He's a beast. =]

And no offense to anybody, but if you haven't played Pikmin you really shouldn't be hating.

1ofMany_ppl

Smash Apprentice
Man, people have been complaining what seems forever about a new character to be revealed and now that one finally does.... SOME people still think the update is crap??? I mean I didn't even want him in...but when I FINALLY SEEN a new character I literally jumped for joy!! Then I actually read the update and thought about what Sakurai said about him not actually attacking but his pikmin does. This leads to a VERY fun a new playstyle we've never seen implemented in Brawl and people think he's still going to suck??? My guess is that the pikmin he summons follow where he goes and if you use a smash attack all pikmin do the same smash attack but they die really easily ( see the pikmin games...A LOT of pikmin die in those games) The ONLY thing I'm curious about is his FS.... I'm utterly lost on this one..

tutata

Smash Ace
yeah but wouldn't anyone rather have someone else ? he looks really boring
Looks boring, this is the 1st char EVER that cannot use its smashes without its buddies. This char will most likely , i think be a low tier. I think he will play like a low tie without its pikmin and maybe like a mid tie with its smaser, they will probably be good he cannot use them without his pikmin u should be glad there is another char u can play with.

Hitzel

Smash Ace
I'm not making an opinion until I see weather or not the weakness of being able to lose Pikmen makes him unplayable.

Either way, I'm looking forward to playing as him. Definitely not a dissapiontment.

aruby14

Smash Apprentice
Yes, to me he is i would much rather have anyone else
says the guy with a sonic pic who would you rather see WAIT DONT TELL ME!!!
Shadow right? or Sora? Or Cloud? Or that guy from 300? or the TREX from Jurassic Park? Or Chuck Norris?

that makes me sick Olimar deserves to be in Brawl
He's a Miyamoto character who has two excellent games that are very unique and IS NINTENDO to boot not some overrated third party character that cant seem to be in any good games as of lately

MASTERLINKX

enjoy my good friend shulk! :)
NNID
MASTERLINKX
I was hoping he would get in Brawl, and he did!

I am so excited!

Hmmm, could this mean we could really get an Animal Crossing character, after seeing Olimar get in, who knows who else could get in.

Hitzel

Smash Ace
says the guy with a sonic pic who would you rather see WAIT DONT TELL ME!!!
Shadow right? or Sora? Or Cloud? Or that guy from 300? or the TREX from Jurassic Park? Or Chuck Norris?

that makes me sick Olimar deserves to be in Brawl
He's a Miyamoto character who has two excellent games that are very unique and IS NINTENDO to boot not some overrated third party character that cant seem to be in any good games as of lately
I got a Sonic sig/avy and I actually don't want the whole Sonic cast in Brawl. To be honest, I'd like to see Spyro in Brawl. I loved Spyro back in the day, and I think he's a very appropriate character to add.

As for a Sonic character, t'd be cool to see Tails, but I don't want to see gimmick characters like Shadow or Amy added. It's all mute since there's only going to be one Sonic rep, and that's Sonic.

I don't see why Sonic's recent crap games (I hate them too) should stop him from getting a spot in Brawl. Sakurai has taken care to give Sonic the respect he deserves (notice how his moveset and music are all derived from the classic games?).

Rikana

Smash Champion
I'm not disappointed at all. I've never played Pikmin, but it's a character so it'll add interest to Brawl. It did surprise me though when Sakurai announced him as a character. I'm going to play all characters to decide my main for Brawl.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
As long as him being in doesn't bump off cooler characters, I'm alright with it. Sure, I love that he's unique, but at the same time, I'd also like other characters to be playable, too.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
I took Olimar as a Ridley semi-confirmation, with him in there will me no more "he's too small/big", but the truth is that if they could make a 20cm char(Kirby) the size that he is now, no one is too small for Brawl.

Mageus

Smash Rookie
I say it all depends on how he plays, he may be good we just don't know yet, unless anyone here has actualy played as him and can inform us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom