• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Olimar a dissapointment? why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruggeth

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, you can keep that thought to yourself.

Brawl needs more interesting characters. With the addition of him, & PT, brawl is alot better.

I can't wait to see how he works. Reguardless, he's in to stay, wiether you or like it or not : D

Masloff

Smash Rookie
if you don't like'em use them as you'r punch'in bag. (every body has one)

Super-dude

Smash Cadet
i think its good that hes in, cos if olimar is in, then that shows that almost any character can get in at this point

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I honestly.. Wasn't much of a fan of the game and didn't think he would make it as a PC.

I only ask for two things, and I hope they come. If Olimar can make it, the ones I want sure can.

-Onyx

Dry Bones

Smash Ace
to be honest, i didnt like the thought of Olimar being in brawl, before he was announced. but now that he is in, and ive seen him in a few screenshots, i am really looking forward to giving him a go

lethminite

Smash Apprentice
i would rather have someone else, that someone is megaman, and a few others, but olimar is 5th on my list for most wanted.... well i guess 'was' 5th, since i got him.

i am entirely happy with this update.

Masloff

Smash Rookie
he looks like an okay char, ....
now where's my Ray 01 (lol)

I've never played any of his games, but he's got a good rep. so I think it's safe to say he's a good PC.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
yeah but wouldn't anyone rather have someone else ? he looks really boring
Don't speak too soon. We havn't even seen what his attacks are yet. We still don't know how the pikmin are used in the fight. And last but not least we don't even know his final smash yet!

You know it's funny how people still b**** about how they want to see a new character and when we finally get one after 2 months. Now THE CHARACTER DROUGHT is ended. We get a few teaser shots of Olimar and you already say he's boring and now your whining about our new character? When we see him in action and find out what he's about and how he plays in the game then you can judge him.

Don't speak too soon....

Ruggeth

Smash Journeyman
There aren't gunna be anymore Sonic PC's. Assist trophies hahahaha.

But yeah. Glad he's in rather than Ridley (Yeah, I said it.)

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Ok? Personally I think Sonic is a disappointment to me. He's a lame character from a now garbage franchise.

Olimar is from an awesome game thats owned by Nintendo. But to each his own. Your post is a disappointment though for not even stating a reason as to why he disappoints you.

Penguyen

Smash Journeyman
Ok? Personally I think Sonic is a disappointment to me. He's a lame character from a now garbage franchise.

Olimar is from an awesome game thats owned by Nintendo. But to each his own. Your post is a disappointment though for not even stating a reason as to why he disappoints you.
I agree. I really didn't mind Sonic making it in but his moveset turned out largely dissapointing (not to say he's a bad character). But with Captain Olimar it's the opposite. The originality goes through the roof!

Igneous42

Smash Ace
I agree. I really didn't mind Sonic making it in but his moveset turned out largely dissapointing (not to say he's a bad character). But with Captain Olimar it's the opposite. The originality goes through the roof!
I wasn't disappointed with him or how he plays just saying in General I don't think Sonic's recent track record warranted him a spot in smash. But I expected him to get in due to his popularity.

Torchik

Smash Ace
Have fun not liking Olimar. I think he's hardcore. I feel sorry for you, troll.
He's not a troll, he asked a valid question...Anyway, I don't really mind Olimar. I think he deserved a spot as a playable character, I just didn't like his games. I saw that Challenger Approaching signal this morning, so I covered the name with my hand so I could only see the symbol. I was like..."starfox starfox starfox...a flower?!" Then I was like..."Hmm, so Lip made it after all. Yay!" Then I uncovered the name and was like "WAH?!". Yep, that's my story. Anyway, Krystal better make it in.^_^

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
yeah but wouldn't anyone rather have someone else ? he looks really boring
Once again, just because one character is in...that does not mean any other characters are out, or that he took a "spot"(except maybe where 3rd parties are concerned...MAYBE). Sakurai just adds characters he thinks would be good, he has no set cap on roster slots that he is trying to keep to.

So Geno isn't boring?
Ugh, a puppet.. OOOOH
(No offense to Geno fans)
But yeah. Glad he's in rather than Ridley (Yeah, I said it.)
being both a Geno and Ridley fan...ouch

Penguyen

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't disappointed with him or how he plays just saying in General I don't think Sonic's recent track record warranted him a spot in smash. But I expected him to get in due to his popularity.
I knew that, it was just my opinion of Sonic :)

Int_Bl3d

Smash Rookie
Olimar just doesnt look like much of a fighting man to me. I guess it will be interesting to see his moveset though

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
Only dissapointment is Pikmin are living under the battle arena... But really pulling Pikmin out could be a problem in tournaments... Might not depending on how fast he pulls them. :o So we won't know until we place as him.

On the topic of him being in Brawl, I think he should be he's very deserving.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Olimar is alot of things, but boring and dissapointing are not included.

He's innovative as hell from the looks of it, how can you be dissapointed, you don't even know his moves/style.

Lol.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I used to not want him in, but seeing screenshots of him he looks preety cool and will be very diefferent and fun:)

k-sin

Smash Cadet
Olimar is never a disappointment. And he's in cos the Pikmin games were pushed really hard by Nintendo on the GameCube and I think all the higher ups there loved the idea of Pikmin.

I don't think "If Olimar is in then anyone can be in" because Olimar is a VERY Nintendo character. He was almost their poster boy next to Luigi during the Cube (Note: Mario and Link came later on in the Cube's life). So the only character that has any MORE chance from Olimar would be Cel Link IMO.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
Yes, to me he is i would much rather have anyone else
Olimar is significant enough to Nintendo for the spot, and just because your favorite hopeful wasn't update doesn't mean they won't be in the game or that he's taking any spots. He actually does have fans you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom