• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

is my fox any good..???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
So much dodge rolling and Dairing.... You both do it WAY too much. If you guys were to play some one else the would predict all that dodge rolling and punish you. You guys are still on the september playstyle. You SH Dair approach a lot. I was really predictable he should have shieldgrabbed you so many times. Try mixing it up. Try running Shield Cancel Grab, and reverse boost grabbing. Do more FF'd SH airials that are not Dairs.

All I can think of right now.

KheldarVII

Smash Ace
NNID
redKheld
You have a good speed but your actions were a little unsmooth. B-air intercepts won't work as well as a F-air chaser. Don't use dodge rolling as your big movement options. Your grab and combo games were decent and just need polish. Your SH game was subpar and you didn't make good use of N-air or U-air. Dash attack and F-smash were reckless.

I'd say, you would put up a nice fight at tournaments but get knocked out early. That's just my opinion. Fox versus Fox doesn't really show you what a Fox player is made of, just what their reflexes are like.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Your style was very sloppy and depended too much on your opponent not DIing at all. You roll dodge too much, which can work against you in higher levels of play (to put it lightly). The Up tilt to shine was pretty flashy, but was lacking in substance, it's overall better to just keep your opponent in an up tilt lock, try for a down air to grab while comboing.

Your short hopping needs to be refined, give it purpose, especially for Fox's sake, seeing how his air game is out matched by alot of characters. Try to show a different match up. Clone matches don't fully portray a players full potential.

Out of 10, I give it a 4, there were alot of flaws and it was an obviously neutral match up. It's okay, but you'll need to step your game up by a wide margin to survive in the long run.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
You're throwing out random attacks everywhere, and your spacing is horrid. Please don't give Fox v. Fox next time - it's not really a good evaluation.

Your opponent wasn't very good either. If you really want a critique, give us a video where you think you could have improved, because you either lost, or you won by less than you think you should have. 3 stocking someone (who needs more work than you, obviously) and asking for critique is the wrong way to go about it.

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
You should also watch some other Fox videos and pick up some ideas from there. Thats what i've done. Spamming Dair isn't just that effective anymore. I'd say use more Nair, FastFall it, and you can even do a SH Fair. You should also grab some more, it follows up to nice combos sometimes. The only thing i saw was Dair/Dair/DairUTilt U smash everywhere. It gets predictable and a good player can shieldgrab you out of the Dair. Dashing Shield Cancel can really help you, because you can grab out of it without any much risk. Also, don't use the Fsmash it's really unhelpful. I only use Fsmash to rack up some damage and to space a lil bit.

_X_

Smash Lord
You down-tilted.

NO GOOD.

at around 0:20 you were trying to dash attack when your opponent was at 0%

****IN' NO GOOD. He'll just like EPICLY counter you.

Aide from that you did alright >_>

Most of your big problems have been pointed out already.

The best way to learn is to lose. If you keep playing against people who you own too hard then you'll never learn. You'll get into the mentality that you don't need to improve and you'll get no where. When you're against someone who is better than you every mistake you make you'll notice. When you start picking up your mistakes, THAT'S when you get better.

Aside from that, I liked some of the things you did with the shine. If they work with DI...

Virgman

Smash Apprentice
Very nice consistent speed. Makes Fox's moves a little harder to read that way. The bad part is that people tend to just run around assuming that a fast-running character can fake their opponent out, when all it's really doing is making them look dumb. You did a pretty good job at performing a tamed path of motion. I also like the fact that you took your speed and combined it with SHs. Goes for a little more mindgaming. Only slightly though. With all those many SHs you did, you could have done a few laser cancels for a little more damage and for a bit more mixup in the fight. Don't depend on Dair for an approach. DO NOT! It's easily punishable if blocked. Wait for the opening, then use it to your advantage. Don't roll so much. Overall your Fox is above average, when it comes to non-competitive players. For competitive players, I'd say about average. Good Fox, keep up the good work. Never stop refining. Put another vid of you fighting a different character. That'll make it possible to give more input.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
From now on people should use the 'Official "Critique My Fox" Thread' instead of making individual threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom