• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Mario dead? Will he ever resurrect?

T25XL

Smash Journeyman
Well...I kno that most of the best marios out there have either quit brawl for reasons idk, or they just left the character entirely,or have just been inactive, for a very long time. There really aren't any offline marios left, that I know of, still playing brawl other then XeroXen and steep. Maybe Vato. Is there anything any1 who is really gonna bring back mario, will mario ever show up in tourneys, or will he just be forgotten? is this really how the mario community is gonna end? tell me...Cause I sure would like to contribute...but how? All mario really has, is wifi. any mario I meet, is just wifi. is that how mario is gonna be from now on, just wifi.

BSP

Smash Legend
I (regrettably) still play Mario offline and in tournament. I just had one last weekend and I'm probably going to use him this weekend too. I'm still annoyed that I'm never mentioned when it comes to Mario players, but I aim to fix that with the upcoming Whobo.

T25XL

Smash Journeyman
Lol ok. Btw SilentDrumr will be there, search him up on AiB. He's good friend of mine that mains Mario. He's a very experienced player and likes talking about the physics of Mario and the mu's

steep

Smash Lord
Also BSP I will be at WHOBO 5. Mario rep!!! Lets meet up. Also if you'd want to team in LT doubles I'd be down for some double Mario action...

And I will be getting into the Texas scene. Prepare to see a lot more of my Mario. Don't count the plumber out just yet.

boss8

Smash Hero
i barely even play....jus due to work johns....

but when i play..i still use the plumbers....

mario is still pretty good.....

but vs mk is just a whole different story...

other then mario's SUPER hard counters....he's pretty good....

idk why everyone is saying he sucks....jus cause most of the mario players get *****?

or that no one attends anything?

i'll try n make some noise with this plumber at apex...

BSP

Smash Legend
Also BSP I will be at WHOBO 5. Mario rep!!! Lets meet up. Also if you'd want to team in LT doubles I'd be down for some double Mario action...

And I will be getting into the Texas scene. Prepare to see a lot more of my Mario. Don't count the plumber out just yet.
I'm already teaming with Brawlman1000, but we can still meet each other.

Boss, if Mario didn't suck, you be Ally level or something in Brawl at this point.

T25XL

Smash Journeyman
He obviously is BSP. With mario he is. Unless by "Ally level" you mean mk/snake level, which clearly mario will never be, lol

BSP

Smash Legend
He obviously is BSP. With mario he is. Unless by "Ally level" you mean mk/snake level, which clearly mario will never be, lol

By Ally level, I mean placing where Ally would probably place at Major tournaments, except with just Mario.

The Nutz of Norcal Deez

Smash Apprentice
[quote="T25XL, post: 15838848, member: 218838"There really aren't any offline marios left, that I know of, still playing brawl other then XeroXen and steep. Maybe Vato.[/quote]

I stopped reading after that.

T25XL

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I see what you mean. But Ally sucks now. Have you seen his performances at tournaments. Not as good as when the metagame was first starting, or at least 2010-11. Boss has been working, cut him some slack BSP. Plus we all know he's the best of the best, he just can't attend tourneys. But he can make it. Just gotta make mario a little more legit, you feel me BSP, huh, do ya?

BSP

Smash Legend
Ally's still better than 99% of players.

Boss is pretty amazing, but there's nothing stopping any of us from getting to the top of the Mario pyramid.

T25XL

Smash Journeyman
I don't agree with the Ally statement...

But I do agree with the Mario statement/opinion

Anyways Ally just isn't cut out anymore, he may attend WHOBO 5 and he'll definitely be at Apex 2014. It'll prove my point about him...maybe, lol

BSP

Smash Legend
Ok fine, how about vinnie level? My point is he'd be a consistent contender to win major tournaments.

boss8

Smash Hero
By Ally level, I mean placing where Ally would probably place at Major tournaments, except with just Mario.

ally is wayyyyy more active,not to mention snake>mario.....

though i love that MU......

and i have beaten top players with mario before.....

me doing this jus proves.....he can compete...

(jus not vs mk) xD

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
ally is wayyyyy more active,not to mention snake>mario.....

though i love that MU......

and i have beaten top players with mario before.....

me doing this jus proves.....he can compete...

(jus not vs mk) xD
You don't stop by and say wut up to a homie on the mario social anymore. :(

:pow:

Top Bottom