• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Jigglypuff a tournament viable character?

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
I think Jiggs can be viable depending on your definition. But she's going to require tons of work that you don't get rewarded properly for. You can do well with her, but you're playing the game in hard mode basically. And you're going to have to be more skilled than people who main high/top tiers to beat them.

Jiggs doesn't get rewarded properly for her awful weight class and her short range. When you're dying at 60%-70% regularly you better get something great in return for it. And jiggs just doesn't.

And like others have said, shielding is really strong in this game which hurts jiggs poking playstyle.

I think she needs a general damage/knockback increase on her moveset. And how she moves in the air in smash 4 just feel crappy in this game compared to melee.

Last edited:

Drevis2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
drevistwo
3DS FC
4613-8582-9190
Jiggs can be viable when somebody shows her full potential, I've seen players who are good enough to fight pros and do decent. We just need to push her forward. Although she does have a lot of weaknesses, there are ways to avoid them and make them less effective. Spacing is probably the best way to deal with this. Also, I find it much easier to rest in sm4sh than the other games, although that may just be my patience, and how much practice I had with resting.

Top Bottom