• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it Wrong that I Don't Edge-Hog?

Nannose

Smash Rookie
I don't know why you wouldn't.
  1. Grab edge
  2. Roll onto the stage when they try to sweetspot
It's not exactly the hardest thing lol.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
You noob **** get better and do it

Last edited:

Ezzee

Smash Apprentice
I don't know--I feel like an *** for taking away a chance for my opponent to survive. Guess I'm just being dumb haha
The point of the game is to kill your opponent, not help them survive. Why don't you go and SD while you're at it?

Zoler

Smash Ace
What ShadowPhoenix said, if you don't main falcon, or MAYBE ganon, kill yourself.

Last edited:

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
You don't need to edge guard your opponent if u choose not too.......
Just don't john when they do it to you......

D

Deleted member

That's ten points deducted off of your player test, mister.

Someone isn't getting their Smash license.

Clebus

Smash Journeyman
I remember the first time I was edge hogged
he said 'oooh i bet that hurt'
why NOT give other people that feeling?

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
The only reason I would not edgehog was if I my goal was to humiliate my opponent by letting them back and killing them regardless. Play better people, you'll find yourself grasping onto any straw which increases your chances of winning. And you'll need it.

Acryte

Smash Ace
If you spend all your time getting them off the stage, why would you let them back for free. Doesn't make much sense. It's a ringout game, get the ringout.

Engo

Smash Ace
It depends do you want to play competitively at tournaments or not? If you do, and you want to win, and get better as a player then yeah it's a bad thing to not edgehog. It's a basic and super effective edge guard.

If you're just playing casually with friends with no plans to play competitively then you can do whatever you want. I don't comprehend why edgehogging is cheap but if you think so for whatever reason then it's up to you.

Top Bottom