• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it normal to hardly ever win?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm not ashamed to say I'm not the best player out there. Hell, I only play online just to have fun regardless of whether I win or lose.

Last edited:

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
Originally I was going to make a new post, but I think this is a better place to put this...

Yes yes, I know, I have a reputation for salty, pleading posts. You can see why though right? I think I'm the worst player at this game officially, since I've yet to improve despite all of your help so far. I must appeal to you again though, I'm really sorry about this. :(

I can't take losing anymore! I'm studying, studying, studying my mistakes and replays, trying the entire roster (no exceptions, I've played as everyone in depth now), scanning the interwebs for guides, pointing out my own flaws mid-match, being more patient, training with partners, and I STILL LOSE ALL THE TIME ON FOR GLORY. It's upsetting to see so many people say "For Glory is too easy for training" when you only have a 15% win rate.

I've followed all the guides saying "It's about improving between games rather than winning." Well, that's all well and good, but it doesn't help when you never improve and the average Little Mac shares half-a-dozen replays of you being demolished again and again. In many matches, I know what's coming, but I can't do a thing about it (e.g. ZSS's grab or Mac's various smashes). I realise one of my ways of playing doesn't work, but I still get hit again and again by the same move. I can tell someone's going to roll, but I can't catch them. I can see someone spamming smash attacks, but they still hit me anyway.

I'm missing something CRUCIAL in this game, and I know that as soon, but I'm not a very smart person. I need someone to tell me, step-by-step, in very basic language, how to fix what I'm doing wrong. Sadly I can't upload any replays, because the only way I can record stuff is my phone, and it refuses to let me upload videos for some reason. No clue why; the old phone had no problems with it. :p

But to return to the topic of my title, if there are any pros amongst us, I seriously would commission you to train me up at this game. I've played since launch, and I simply can't give up now - I enjoy the game too much, and want to be talented at it. By improving at this game, I can improve at many others! But I know I'm not smart enough to make any progress on my own. I need to swallow my pride and have someone explain things to me like I'm a primary school student, rather than simply hand me a written guide and expect me to remember it mid-battle.

Top Bottom