• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it just me or.....

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
After watchin multiple vid all of u pros on our boards ive realized that Holy and me are the only 2 that use use f-smash as an OOS or after dodge option.

so what im wondering is why do u other robs not use it? :confused:

it does have that much lag, it a good punisher, and after fighting my friend ,who plays link,ive realized that if character with a Z-air tries approach by using there z-air can be punished by using f-smash faced up,also it can break through MK's hornado if used correctly?

plz,explain ur selves? :)

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
I used to never use it for some reason. Lately, I've been trying to use more fsmash. I guess Holy is to fsmash as Chibo is to Dair. I'm starting to go for more of these opportunities though

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Depends how close they are. Dsmash I think is better if you compare the frames, and it's much harder to KO with Dsmash, whereas Fsmash can kill later in the fight, so whenever possible I prefer to use D-smash.

Edit- Yeah, F-smash is great against whorenado, but I've never found myself in a position to use fsmash OOS against a whorenado, a good mk tends to keep the pressure on your shield so you can't really do anything OOS.

Sudai

Stuff here
I use it, I didn't before I "retired." No idea why but I've been using it since I came out of retirement and it is really good. You just have to know when to use it and how to use it right. That's probably why you don't see to many people use it.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I only use it when I'm not damage racking, and even then, I use it when I know it'll kill or at least get the opponent far away from me so I can rack even more damage. I don't like wasting ROB's kill moves.

Sudai

Stuff here
It's not a waste if you unstale it. That's why back in the day, the only time I used it other than KOing was things like DTilt > FSmash > FTilt at 0%. It really is too good in some situations though. It's a more disjointed FTilt which is very useful against some characters. Just save something else to KO in that case or simply stop using it once they reach 80% or so.

Top Bottom