• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

is it just me or does pika's bair suck?

EnigmaticCam

Smash Ace
I've always found that bair has really good priority, even against some of peach's stronger moves. It's pretty situational, but there are times where it has proven to be useful.

N64

Smash Champion
It's probably his worst aerial, but I use it more commonly than I expect to. It has decent range, priority, and knockback, so it's good if the opponent is in the air behind you and nothing else will reach. It's also useful against taller characters because upon landing pika is shorter than normal for a few frames, so if they try to immediately shield grab, pika will be too short and avoid the grab. They can still grab you if they wait longer than normal before the grab, but people usually don't know to or think to.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Not to mention is has better knock back and priority than Nair. I use it to finish uair combos and sometimes to edgeguard with.

A SHFFLC ed Bair looks weird as hell flying at you.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Yeah, and it doesn't have much lag if you L-cancel it well. And it's out really long, so it almost assures you a hit.
Dashed shuffled bairs look pretty funky, but it covers a whole lot of space.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: PikaPika! only uses this move cuz he saw me being sexy with it and he has to steal my ****.

G@BE

Smash Lord
Its called the pikacoptter people. Thats the word of choice and that what it shall be known as.
b-air = Amazing for finishing up-air combo on fast fallers.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
ok guys...i take bcak my original post...pikas bair is actually pretty dam good....i was messing with it yesterday when me and my friends were training...and i realized that i love its pretty good priority...but even more so...i LOVE how long the attack lasts....its awesome...thats what really made me appreciate the bair...i would do it and they would hold their shield...and when they went to grab me after i landed...like the last micro frame of the hit damage would hit them last second...its hot...but yeah...the fact that this move lasts as long as it did is very nice...peace

-hiroshi

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
yeah, recently i've been using dair a lot more..idk..i use it like ganon's or cf's dair...where you tech chase the tech with a dair..as long as you get the timing right...its a very effective move with considerable knockback...although i will note that you cant really follow this move up with the lag of the move holding you down for a bit...even with the l-cancel....peace

-hiroshi

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
haha I like the windsock... has a nice ring to it... but i think we can all agree its obviously the pikacopter.

On that note, shouldn't we have a sticky of pika-specific lingo? I know there are a lot of other character forums that have them, and it'd be cool to have definitive terms for everything.

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
B-air is one of pika' most underrated move.
Bair= mindgames, son.

Anyway, Bair range is absolutely needed for pika and the knock-back is incredible.

tw0 side

Smash Apprentice
I've always found that bair has really good priority, even against some of peach's stronger moves. It's pretty situational, but there are times where it has proven to be useful.
I agree, you have to find a useful time for it. When you do, then it will pull through for you (priority wise)

D. Disciple

Smash Master
No one expects a ledge drop bair on Corneria, especially when they are at high percentage. Try it out it works wonders on opponents and it will get them from under the fin as well.

Top Bottom