• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is ike really gay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impossibilities

Smash Apprentice
I remember along time ago before brawl got released someone said Ike was a homosexual character in the plot of Fire Emblem. Is this true? if it is he is the strongest gay guy I have ever seen. (he doesn't come off as gay, he doesn't even have a pink or purple costume...)

Corigames

Smash Hero
In a FFA, maybe. I had an Ike kill me from the side of FD with a full charged F-Smash while I was being held... at 51%

In a 1 v 1? He's too slow to be any kind of extremely "gay," so to put it. At most, you can say... Ohhhh... you mean GAY.

>_>

Sure, why not. He hangs out with Marth right?

JusticeWillPrevail

Smash Cadet
No I don't think he is. I heard of that rumor plenty of times and I can never screens of the so called scene where he says hes gay or shows it. Oh and corey no he doesn't hang with Marth. They don't even live in the same world lol.

Hinote

Smash Cadet
Okay.

Soren is a Branded. He has Laguz and Beorc blood running through his vain. Beorcs ignore Branded and Laguz hate them.

When Soren was a little child, he was adopted by someone who thought that he was a spirit charmer. Shortly after he died, Soren was left all alone, almost starving to death. That's where Ike comes in. He saves Soren's life and persuades his father to allow Soren to join the Greil Mercenaries. Ever since Soren was saved by Ike, he's remained incredibly loyal to him.

It's not wrong at all. Ike's not gay.

Noman

Smash Cadet
No where in the game is it said that Ike is gay, but people have thought that he is because of his close friendship with a male character in the game. And his lack of interest in female characters that take interest in him. I personnaly don't think Ike is gay, and I think the majority would agree with me, but there are people that think he is.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Ike has not shown any real intrest in females in either of his games, but that does not immediately make him gay. He also has a very close, brotherly relationship with a male character in his game, and they have a very emotional conversation in the last level
You have to have an A support with Soren in PoR, transfer the data, and get an A support with Soren again in RD
. This is most likely what leaves Ike's sexuality up in the air, because the only thing we know for certain is that he had no female relations or attractions to any of the females in his game. He is either Asexual, Gay, or just not attracted to any females in his game but still straight. I personally like to believe the first one because it makes him even more of a badass.

On a slightly related note, it's kinda funny that Marth is always called gay, when he's the one who actually married a princess (Sheeda and him were engaged). You can't say the same thing for Ike, but people still rally behind him to defend his sexuality. I find that kind of biased against effeminate characters in general.

Rash

Smash Ace
There's no reason that he should be.

I don't see why anyone's questioning Ike's sexuality. If anything, they need to take a look at Marth. :eek:

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
Ike is never stated to be homosexual in either Path of Radiance or Radiant Dawn, nor is there any indication that he is. Whoever told you that he is really needs to lay off the fanfiction.

King-of-1

Smash Rookie
does it really matter?
its a game about Nintendo characters knocking each other off colorful stages using items and strategies unique to the character, not a drama series
besides, Marth is the strange looking one =|
---
king of 1

RayLewis08

Smash Rookie
Soren: " But I didn't care. My only wish was to see you again."
Soren: "I wanted to see the only boy who held out a warm hand when I had nothing."
Ike: "Soren, don't cry"
Ike: "Soren, you're smart, but you're no good when it comes to emotions. Come over here."
Ike: "Come on"
Soren: "Shut up shut up!"
Ike: "Fine then I will come over to you."
<< Ike hugs Soren >>
Ike: "It's all in the past, Soren.."
Soren: "...Sniff..."
Soren: "Sniff... Gwuh.. Wahhhhh!!!"

If that dosen't confirm Ike is gay, I don't know what does. Do they have to been seen inside a tent crossing swords?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer

Really. Did anybody pay attention to FE PoR/RD? There's so much implied Yaoi between Ike and Soren in those games it's impossible for them not to be gay.

AlexX

Smash Ace
God FORBID you can be close friends with someone without being sexual...

I see siblings do that with one another when they're upset all the time (including me with my own). Does that mean they all want to go at it with one another? No, they just care about one another and don't like seeing each other upset. This argument is helped by the fact that Ike and Soren were practically raised as brothers.

To be frank, if the FE fandom could not come to an unquestionable conclusion on this topic, I don't think the Smashboards will.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
Not me. I really enjoyed Super Paper Mario. Their was a little bit a drop off in the last 2-3 worlds but overall it was a great game. The nerd level was brilliant =)
Yeah, I thought it was a great game as well, but it's definitely comes last for most liked in the series for me.

And yes, the nerd level was 100% pure gold, as was that Watchit guy.

alchfilosofer

Smash Ace
impossibilities, why are you interested? ;)
1: homophobic
2: yao****/yur**** fan
3: curiosity

on topic:
Ike have chances of being gay FE10:RD spoilers
at the end he escapes whit soren/ranulf in a journey if you have high support whit eighter of them. Soren (anti social cold emo) is a WAY to open whit his feelings to Ike (even though that can be found very logic thanks to their past)

Also he had many ladies hitting on him (mia, marcia, lete, elincia, the merchant...) and he had no interest.

so i think is eighter asexual (which I REALLY hope so), homo (and i hate the fact this can be true) or a closet straight

BTW: Funny how many people are making marth references wile he has a wife (whit gigantic boobs) and Chiki (*cough*lolita_ownage*cough*) tried to hit on him. Are bishonens THAT hated?

JusticeWillPrevail

Smash Cadet
Whats with all this between him and Soren? So what they're really close friends. They've been through bloody wars where one of them could have died. They always had each others backs. I don't see how a simple hug between best friends make them gay.

AlexX

Smash Ace
Also he had many ladies hitting on him (mia, marcia, lete, elincia, the merchant...) and he had no interest.
Since I've already answered the part about Soren, I'll move on to this.

Aimee the merchant is like that annoying girl in high school who keeps begging the school quarterback to go out with her, despite him telling her that he's not interested. It's not that he's gay, it's that she's so **** annoying with her persistance that it turns him off to her.

Mia wants a rival to train with and become stronger, not a lover.

Marcia doesn't hit on Ike.

Lethe? He actually responds fairly favorably to her, and in their PoR A-support he considers moving to Gallia with her later on to become stronger (granted, he apparently decides not to, but anyone who's played Radiant Dawn knows that by then he'd gotten to the point where Tellius didn't have anything left to teach him and he decides to explore the rest of the world).

Elincia is only a client to Ike who respects him highly. She is actually in love with Geoffrey.

Eternalfire

Smash Journeyman
Mei Ling, Ike took his clothes off!

Without that bulky sword, he's gotten a lot more agile...

You know, I bet if I took off all this heavy gear, I could run away...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom