• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

is ike really for noobs?

Xgamer1224

Smash Rookie
i talk to alot of people at my school and they hate it when i say that i play ike. is he really a noob character?

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I'm not sure what you mean by noob character but you could have asked this in the sticky.

and idk whats up with that guy

edit: so much for no more posts like 4 people have said it already. ( didn't bother to count )

anyways now that i read this again it sounds like your friends get owned by him why would they get mad if you play a crappy character? in which case your friends are noobs

SiShenDao

Smash Apprentice
not really, to use Ike well against better characters you have to be good at spacing and timing. Ike just apprears to be the easiest character to master and a decent speed for his knockback in attacks.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Noobs are attracted to Ike because he's one of the strongest characters in the game and he's awesome. But since we're talking about noobs than they will end up changing to MK or Snake when they get their a** handed to them in a match when they use Ike.

GI Josh

Smash Journeyman
it all depends on how u use him, spamming ikes are noobs, and people who use strategy usually arent

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Ike is someone noobs use cuz they think hes cool. (that is the REASON they use him, not saying hes cheap in anyway)
Like Sonic, Snake, Marth, blah blah blah
no more posts on this thread plz

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman
He's definitely not a noob character I think when it comes to his style, because he's not a spam happy character. He takes timing.

Thing is though, is 80% of the online plays Ike, and they do the "become a walking stage hazard and hope I win" thing so whether the character itself deserves it or not, that's the tag he's gonna get. It's a stereotype. Unfortunately Ike guys are just gonna have to deal with that, thank the Ike drones online for that.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Your friends aren't good. Once you learn to fight Ike, you realize he's not as good as people say he is. He's slightly below average because of his bad match-ups. Noobs are attracted to him because of his strength and range and they think he looks cool. Once they encounter better players using better character, their idea of Ike could change. Close thread, please.

Duker

Smash Journeyman
Thing is though, is 80% of the online plays Ike, and they do the "become a walking stage hazard and hope I win" thing so whether the character itself deserves it or not, that's the tag he's gonna get. It's a stereotype. Unfortunately Ike guys are just gonna have to deal with that, thank the Ike drones online for that.
What Online-mode are you playing?? At most 5% of everyone I meet in Against Anyone are Ikes.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
He's not a noob character. He just has some very noobish moves like his fsmash and Aether. Noobs think they're great spammable moves, and to other noobs, they are.

Bluekaze

Smash Rookie
No, Ike is not for noobs.

It takes mindgames, good spacing and timing to master Ike. (these apply to all characters but, it takes more effort with Ike.)

In fact... I think Ike is an anti-noob. He's good for a noob only against other noobs.

Top Bottom