• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Hbox the GOAT?

Another Player

Smash Apprentice
The classic argument. Is HBOX the MIchael Jordan of Melee? Is he the Magnus Carlsen of Chess? Every game has its contenders for that title. If we go by math there's the number of games total played. It would be his win rate or stocks remaining versus everyone else's. The reason why I won't research that is because it won't stop people from giving their best effort. They might not win as often though it does make things exciting.

This topic is asking players to be compared.

MalanoMan

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0183_3775_0422
At this point even if someone more skilled than hbox showed up, melee would die before he got to prove it lmao
Aged like milk.

Zain squashed HBOX 3 - 0 in the netplay tourney over the weekend, but haters will say its netplay so it doesn't count.

Another Player

Smash Apprentice
It depends what you tolerate among other things when gaming. We're mostly making judgments about things unless you want to say it's all instinct. The truth is there's plenty of other players contributing to the game. In order for HBOX to be the GOAT he'd have to play the longest and win the most often. I haven't done the research.

zuloon

Smash Journeyman
Just saw this documentary:

Nothing in here but facts. The melee community is full of assholes. ****ing LOL'd at Hbox getting criticized for being worried about missing a flight. What a joke.

I know Hbox isn't on his A-game now, but I still think he had the most dominant run ever.

Last edited:

Abefroman

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
ABEF#110
Switch FC
SW-7672-2689-2784
he beat ken in his prime, still beating zain today. winning supermajors and taking names for 15 years, won't stop any time soon. Mango nation till the day i die brother

zuloon

Smash Journeyman
he beat ken in his prime, still beating zain today. winning supermajors and taking names for 15 years, won't stop any time soon. Mango nation till the day i die brother
Ken's prime was 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007. When did Mang0 beat him during that time?

Also, yeah he got lucky with a win over Zain. Whatever

Eremurus

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if Hungrybox is the GOAT, but of all the top players, he is the one I find myself rooting for the most. I love his Jigglypuff, and for years and years, he got no respect, and everybody trashed his character and Hungrybox himself. Now that his Twitch is super popular, and he's really popping off- I just find it slightly ironic.

Juge

Smash Rookie
I must say, Hbox has been owning the bracket for a verry long time. However, people have noted Mango as a ''more fun to watch'' player. His risky edgeguarding, compared with his incredible plays makes a good player. Mango's loser bracket runs are really a force of nature, however, hbox really dominates grands. Witch means: Hbox does come out on top, but if you want to see fast gameplay, you should head for mango=)

Top Bottom