• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Ganon's dash attack underrated?

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
I often use it as an evasive maneuver, because it moves faster than the regular dash, and has short lag. What do you guys think?

Also, sometimes i'll run straight into my opponent and initiate the dash as soon as I am passing through their body, that way the hitbox will appear on their back and they will follow through with you, rather than flying behind, and it sets up nicely for some Fair combos or other options. This also works great for tech-chasing. Feedback?

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
good call on starting the hit box late, you'll also avoid getting sheild grabbed.

my main use for the dash attack I try to tilt or jab and they roll behind me, (happens against sheik frequently I find) once they roll behind me I get 'em with the dash attack

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
good setup and hitboxes. an overall good move to use. I like that into a bair. its a classic combo with a classic finish.

Magus420

Smash Master
You can use the weak hit as an annoying/embarassing/sh*ts&giggles edgeguard vs CF/Ganon's up-bs, lol.

If you get the reverse hit near the edge you can often get better combos off it like a f-air or even a down-b spike since you slip off as it ends if you hold anything, and can then instantly midair jump into it instead of having to jump from the ground which has some startup.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
You can use the weak hit as an annoying/embarassing/sh*ts&giggles edgeguard vs CF/Ganon's up-bs, lol.

If you get the reverse hit near the edge you can often get better combos off it like a f-air or even a down-b spike since you slip off as it ends if you hold anything, and can then instantly midair jump into it instead of having to jump from the ground which has some startup.
Yeah, I love spamming dash attacks on people who don't expect it. Windmill of Fury for the win. I want to practice setting up the wizard foot situation you mentioned, it would look fantastic on video.

Top Bottom