• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is fox basically just a worse falco?

githilyak

Smash Rookie
Or put the other way, is falco just basically a better fox?

I always liked fox in the starfox series, and i liked fox in melee smash bros, but in brawl fox seems so much worse.

Flacos down smash air attack hits once for all the damage, while foxes only does damage for what portion hits.

Falcos laser also seems better as it does higher damage but isnt as spammable, on the other hand you cant just sit there spamming anyway so that seems better.

I notice that alot of foxes attacks are out prioritized by people with swords. If i do down aireal with fox and zelda, link, marth, etc.. etc.. does up smash from the ground, they will hit me and i wont hit them. Falco seems to have a longer reach.

Anyway what am i missing?

§witch

Smash Lord
Umm...2 different characters, but falco is better than fox...fox is still a great char, but falco is quite possibly 3rd best.

E.M.

Smash Apprentice
Well Falco is better but Fox is still a pretty sick character. Play with him on fast brawl, it's like playing MVC2, lol. :laugh:

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
There are a lot of qualities Fox has better than Falco. For example:

Upmash kills at much lower percentage
Up Air kills at much lower percentage
Reflector is faster and can be held as long as necessary, harder to punish
Dair is an insanely good combo move
Nair is basically better than Falco's, as it's a sex kick
Bair is more powerful than Falco's
Recovery goes further

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Pretty much Falco has a better projectile, a chain grab, and range.

pepin

Smash Cadet
they are different it depends on how you use them who is better

§witch

Smash Lord
He's right because i went to a tourny yesterday and played a falco who didn't laser much and he got ***** by my fox.(plus i didn't allow him to chain grab me.)
That doesn't mean falco isn't better than fox dude. If he didn't laser he obviously sucks...

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Falco is better than fox, but he's not a better version of fox, unless you also count someone like MK a better version of fox too, or snake. There are no "different versions" of fox (save for costume colors which don't make a bit of difference guys - the balls are inert).

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
depends on who you ask, Falco has a much easier learning curve, and has more neat tricks to work with. Falco is for sure much easier to get used to. If you're looking for a quick-fix, Falco is the way to go.

Not that Fox is bad, he's a good solid character, just a little steep on the learning curve.

SmashGod17

Smash Cadet
depends on who you ask, Falco has a much easier learning curve, and has more neat tricks to work with. Falco is for sure much easier to get used to. If you're looking for a quick-fix, Falco is the way to go.

Not that Fox is bad, he's a good solid character, just a little steep on the learning curve.
Really? I found maining Fox to be easier than maining Falco. I always try to master the fast ones. (And just so we're clear, no. That is NOT what she said.)

Wrap It Up

Smash Apprentice
They are different characters. Some moves are similar but have different affects or different animations.
Can we get this closed?

Top Bottom