• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

is f grab chainable to certain characters??

jtamm1988

Smash Rookie
jus wondering if f grab was chainable some ppl in other forum said he didnt have any chain grabs??? also is it wise to use d grab then raptor boster when they aproach the ground i tried it on cpu but dont kno if its good against human??thx

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
yeah,what red alloy said.
i dont think raptor boost would be a good move either.
a better combo if you use d-throw would be dthrow>uair.
if you miss raptor boost you will be punished probably.
if you still want to stick to with the same combo,i suggest you use falcon kick instead.

Hax

Smash Champion
i think fthrow to fthrow works ONCE on lucario at 0%. after that, it's if they don't react to it (which happens often)

Iwan

Smash Ace
Like everyone else said...it can be chained together pretty well if your opponent isn't ready for it. They'll catch on after a while though. Mix it up.

YesISpeakChinese

Smash Apprentice
i'm pretty sure i read that f-throw to f-throw is an official chain throw of sorts
but it works once on very low %s though so not very useful

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
F-Throw to F-Throw is an official chaingrab on a wall. Or Wall Lock, or Throw Lock, or whatever it's being called these days. It gets Boozer from 0% to about 50%, and you can usually follow it up with an UpB or an Uair. On Jigglypuff, it's next to useless. Like... RIGHT next to useless. Half a pixel away from useless. If it were any closer to useless, they'd be legally married in 42 states.

Everywhere else, everyone can DI -> Spotdodge, Roll, Jab, etc. out, including at 0%. *

That being said, it's still fairly useful, since everyone falls for it a few times since nobody knows a **** thing about Falcon anyway.

*Tested on Bowser, DK, King Dedede, Snake, MK, Captain Falcon, and Lucario. Further testing is encouraged.

Top Bottom