• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is DDD still good against Marth?

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
I remember in Brawl, DDD was one of the matchups Marth struggled with the most, which is saying alot, considering he only has like 2 bad matchups to begin. with Considering Marth's nerf in range and worse landing lag, and the good buffs DDD got (outside of losing chaingrab I think, I dunno I don't play the character), is DDD still good to use against Marth because of his range or was the only reason he did well against Marth in Brawl was because of the chain grab? Discuss.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
If he does well against Marth it won't be the same thing, it would need to be reinvented. The matchup exhibited a lot of back air that doesn't exist and a lot of chaingrabing that doesn't exist.

He might still do well but it shouldn't be a default assumption

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
It's definitely closer to even. Maybe even in his favor.

Our smaller grab range allows Marth to be a lot more generous on his spacing.
It's disjoints vs disjoints and his are somewhat better.

Nick Fury

Smash Rookie
NNID
InstanceOfFury
In my expierience with my training partner (who is a marth main), played at least 150 games in that matchup, but either way thats only against one person. Anyways, it seems to me that the match up is more even, because of the obvious reasons (nerfed grab range, gordos get hit back by everything) but you can get good strings on him, and i think because D3 has such a good offstage game it helps him due to marths not so good recovery. (just my opinion) I hope this helps.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I think I agree with the consensus so far: I'd give Marth the nod in the matchup against D3, but not by much. Marth does what we can do just a little better. He more or less can control the immediate vicinity around him with the range on his normals; the key differences are, however, that he's a little more mobile than D3 is and D3 is a bigger target.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Dedede is marth's worst match up by design.
How that pans out in actual match up numbers could be anything, but I personally find the match up the most frustrating out of every fatty.

It's a weird contrast to Marth v DK, which is significantly easier in this game due to DK losing kill power on his dsmash (he lost his most reliable punish that used to kill marth at 80%). But otherwise, a standing still D3 has very little to fear from Marth. Play reactively and watch him struggle.

Top Bottom