• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Dash Dance to ledge any good?

Hippie Doo Dangle Fang

Smash Rookie
I never hear anyone talk about it, but it seems like it's faster than wavedash to ledge even though it's like way harder to pull off. I've actually never even see anyone do it but I know better than to think I found new tech. The way I'm doing it seems like there's frames you can even input a fastfall in, but I'm not good enough at actually getting it to work to worry about that yet.

So, I'll assume people just don't do it because it's hard to pull off consistently and there might be some other negative thing I'm not even thinking of. Still though, is there any potential at all?

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
You're talking about doing a pivot right at the very edge that causes you to fall off facing in, right? Yeah, basically the reason nobody does that because it's really hard.

AirFair

Marth tho
Framewise, it might be better by a bit, but wavedash back is consistently easier to do.

Last edited:

Zodiac

Smash Master
You can just dash to wavedash to walk to turn around ledgehog.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Quickest way without having to be crazy good at pivots is (from full dash) wavedash forwards, dash dance forwards-->back (or just dash back), wavedash off, fastfall.

Or throwing a turnip backwards as peach, bairing as Marth, RNCing with Sheik, etc.

Last edited:

ChrisWithAk

Smash Cadet
I could be wrong but I thought I have heard some old school guys call that a PCDash. Obviously named after PC Chris. He must have found a purpose for it. So its usable just very hard to master

SAUS

Smash Ace
I could be wrong but I thought I have heard some old school guys call that a PCDash. Obviously named after PC Chris. He must have found a purpose for it. So its usable just very hard to master
I thought that was when you walk -> turnaround (and then your character slides a bit so you fall off the edge and then fast fall). I think it is called PC drop.

I'm pretty sure Kadano Kadano broke this down at some point (at least for marth). IIRC, it is not feasible to do consistently. You have to be frame perfect and pixel perfect. Some distances prevent the pivot from happening on the right spot to make you drop.

Aside from being too difficult to be practical, I think it is the best (fastest) option for getting the ledge for a lot of characters.

Kadano

Magical Express
I'm pretty sure Kadano Kadano broke this down at some point (at least for marth). IIRC, it is not feasible to do consistently. You have to be frame perfect and pixel perfect. Some distances prevent the pivot from happening on the right spot to make you drop.

Aside from being too difficult to be practical, I think it is the best (fastest) option for getting the ledge for a lot of characters.
Yeah, I did for Falcon and Marth, but I’m pretty sure it’s mostly equally hard for all chars. http://smashboards.com/posts/16034752

Twinkles

Smash Lord
NMW is Falcon who's gotten relatively consistent at it by having specific setups for it (pivot ledgegrab).

Also, since I think Saus might confuse people with his post, dash -> pivot ledgegrab is mad hard to do consistently, PC dropping on Marth/Fox is not.

I think it is an option that is incredibly good for stealing the ledge during ledge stalls, but otherwise use other options to grab ledge since pivot ledgegrab kinda requires some setup.

Top Bottom