• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Brawl's midnight release CRAZIER than halo 3's?

saif442050

Smash Apprentice
k
guys they re both great games and extremely hyped. But halo is a a great game in a crowded genre and doesnt really stand out as original. SSB on the other hand i unique and the only real competitor to brawl is meelee making it stand out. IT should outsell halo and get better launch right? WRONG!!! Microsoft spent millions just for ads/promotion and were much more organized. As compared to nintendo who didnt really advertise it that much (esspeccially cuz wii has so many new gamers who dont know what ssb is) and are extrmeely unorganized. as much as we would like brawl to be more crazy, its not.

Exeter

Smash Rookie
k
guys they re both great games and extremely hyped. But halo is a a great game in a crowded genre and doesnt really stand out as original. SSB on the other hand i unique and the only real competitor to brawl is meelee making it stand out. IT should outsell halo and get better launch right? WRONG!!! Microsoft spent millions just for ads/promotion and were much more organized. As compared to nintendo who didnt really advertise it that much (esspeccially cuz wii has so many new gamers who dont know what ssb is) and are extrmeely unorganized. as much as we would like brawl to be more crazy, its not.
The more opportunities for us to pick up our copies! Eh? I'm right, no?

Darkslash

Smash Master
I wonder how much money Nintendo spent on on the Timers for Brawl I keep seeing every where :laugh:I mean I even saw one on the goddam sony home page(i was gonna have a good laugh at the prices of the PS3 :D)

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
just got back. LOLOL dam i had such a funny story. dam the games good >.>

Weed

Smash Lord
Hope it was sarcasm. If its not, just in case, let me clarify something.

Halo 3 is nothing but AVERAGE.

I had fun with Halo 3. But its Average. And Bungie are just completely dumb. I can't believe so many of their decisions, it seems like they do everything the worse as possible, yet they succeeded with their millions of blind followers.
Yeah, Halo 3 is average.

The same way Smash is average, a very simple gameplay formula that is both addicting and open for creativity and strategy.. completely average.

pwnzorz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ABlackMage
3DS FC
0103-9129-9741
The guy at the gamestop i went to said the line was longer for brawl, than it was for Halo 3.
SSBB>Halo 3

BlankShot

Smash Rookie
It's just you, seriously.

Halo Community > Smash Bros Community in size, i thought that was common knowledge.

XDead Sexy

Smash Apprentice
That really was just Microsoft paying Pepsi more money to make the a soda that wasn't that Great IMO and them trying to hype up a not so great game. its about money and whether Nintendo wants to waste money on something like that. anyway I wish my Gstop was had a midnight release it would of definetly be crazy i know alot of people that would of went.

Tek32

Smash Cadet
There are good games in the world that aren't on the Wii.

Halo 3, Bioshock, and Call of Duty 4 are some examples.
Well obviously there are good games out there that aren't on the Wii. But I just don't think that the FPS genre is very "good". I think that Halo 3, Bioshock, and CoD4 are all "mediocre" games. And yes, before you say, "You probably haven't even played them," I have.

That is why I don't really like the Xbox360 as a system. It is because I dislike the FPS genre, which the Xbox360 is basically built around.

Well obviously there are good games out there that aren't on the Wii. But I just don't think that the FPS genre is very "good". I think that Halo 3, Bioshock, and CoD4 are all "mediocre" games. And yes, before you say, "You probably haven't even played them," I have.

That is why I don't really like the Xbox360 as a system. It is because I dislike the FPS genre, which the Xbox360 is basically built around.
You've PLAYED Bioshock and think it's mediocre? Were you playing it blindfolded with the sound off for two minutes? Bioshock is probably the best game made in a couple years. Call of Duty 4 is also amazing.

Dismissing Bioshock because it's a FPS is criminal. Buy a 360 and buy Bioshock. It is incredible. Possibly better than Brawl.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
I think, in our Gamestop at least, SSBB beat Halo by a mile in terms of midnight release stats. I went to the Halo 3 release to see maybe 75 people. There was at least 200 at Brawl easily (each sheet on our GTD's clipboard held 50 names. He head at least 5 sheets). While nobody dressed up as their favorite Nintendo character as opposed to people dressing up as MC for Halo, the general atmosphere of the whole event last night was awesome. Maybe only my Gamestop had this degree of difference but I assure you that the difference was definitely noticeable...

higgins

Smash Apprentice
Do you see any Mountain Dew Brawl Fuel?

Didn't think so.
i think it probably is bigger than Halo3 Because halo 3 didnt have it on the news!!!
plus there are people around the world who have been wanting this game ALOT!!

Gindler

Smash Champion
Mine had at least 200 people, the line nearly circled the little gamestop shopping center thing. It was ridiculous.

Shuma

Smash Hero
i think it probably is bigger than Halo3 Because halo 3 didnt have it on the news!!!
Ha, you gotta be kidding me. I live in Mexico and we saw it in the news.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Halo was on the news here and gaming is mainly unborn around here. It was in the newspapers too.

Honestly I don't care for the fanboy politics I love both games and people that go out of their way to insult other games are sad.

Project Occasus

Smash Cadet
Halo was on the news here and gaming is mainly unborn around here. It was in the newspapers too.

Honestly I don't care for the fanboy politics I love both games and people that go out of their way to insult other games are sad.
Yeah, I don't get why anyone bothers to say a game isn't as good as it's said. It just makes fans angry. I mean saying "I like brawl better" is one thing, but then when you say something bad about a game other people like it's just asking for an argument.

Top Bottom