• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is anyone going to avoid the internet when the game comes out in Japan......

nintondo

Smash Rookie
For spolier reasons?

For example, as tempting as it might be, i don't think i'll want to know anymore about the game after the Japan release date solely for the fact that I want SOME surprises left for me when i get the game. And i know that everyone that HAS the game will be posting. That said, I have been going to the offical site for months now but I think I have to stop myself from going there too.

God, this game is a **** addiction, I swear.

cc6150

Smash Rookie
Part of me wants to try and keep everything for a suprise, but another part of me wants to glue myself to these boards once Jan. 24 rolls around. I guess all I can do is wait and see!

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
What's the point? I mean it's not like its a story spoiler. We will just be torturing ourselves by wait even longer for news already posted.

skyace89

Smash Journeyman
i really dont know yet. i REALLY want to know the roster. ill just have to wait and see jan. 24th and pick the lesser of two evils.

Zombieoficer

Smash Journeyman
I was just thinking about the fact that... Is finding out that a character is in Brawl at the time of unlocking them really worth actually actively restraining yourself from the internet? Is there really a significant 'wow' factor involved? Or will you just be asking yourself "I kept myself from the internet for this?!"

I'm thinking about that...

sonicspeed 96

Smash Journeyman
What's the point? I mean it's not like its a story spoiler. We will just be torturing ourselves by wait even longer for news already posted.
I agree, I would just avoid the internet though. And your sig isn't true Megaman hasn't been deconfirmed.

Rash

Smash Ace
Originally I was going to. But, hell, eventually I'm going to run into some information somehow or another, so I best just get to know the game from the internet impressions and info beforehand. It's not like I have to know everything, but there really isn't a reason for me to be ignorant of the game's many inclusions when eventually it's all going to be spoiled.

I don't want to be sitting in my class or dorm and hear some person randomly spill the beans to his friend about something in the game. Honestly, I want to have that upper hand.

Most of all I just don't think I'll have the self-control to keep away. The internet is one of my biggest time-consumers and to try to avoid Brawl info would pretty much be to avoid everything on the internet. Besides, I've been waiting forever for this game, and it's really the only Wii game I care about (even though there should be some good ones in 2008) right now, so gosh darn it, I want to know whatever I can.

GoldenIke

Smash Apprentice
I might take a few peaks other then that I will be playing C:SS or TF2 or all my wii games... or somethin with my friends... or... w/e

jdub03

Smash Journeyman
nope. I want brawl so bad i need that info thats going to be flooding in on the 24. I cant wait. Bring it on interwebs.

Also whats a good mutliplayer game to get for the wii, besides mario strikers charged?

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
For spolier reasons?

For example, as tempting as it might be, i don't think i'll want to know anymore about the game after the Japan release date solely for the fact that I want SOME surprises left for me when i get the game. And i know that everyone that HAS the game will be posting. That said, I have been going to the offical site for months now but I think I have to stop myself from going there too.

I want the game spoiled for me. Namly because I wanna know all the characters I can use at my finger tips. Everything else I'll try to ignore.

Mascot1063

Smash Rookie
i am going to avoid it. i will play the game for awhile and enjoy it without letting anyone spoil it for me. i am a man who loves his surprises. so why the heck not ^_^

okiyama

Smash Ace
I want to know everything I can I dunno why but it's just that I wanna have knowledge, I mean why would I look at the Dojo or heck, even read about these speculations and "Prophets".

cheesewiz189

Smash Rookie
I'm going to try as hard as i can not to go anywhere near this website. i want at least one thing to surprise me. But one of my friends is probably going to say, " Hey did you know that ____ is in bawl?" And it will be ruined anyway so...I'm debating amongst myself...

Mario77

Smash Apprentice
Im beating SSE before I even THINK about looking at spoilers, I hope no one spoils it for me at the midnight release cuz they read the guide book or something!!!!

highsmasher

Smash Cadet
no more than i already do. Half the fun of it is going to be playing smash then seeing ' NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES '

knowing who the new challenger negates the enjoyment of being surprised

evilflame101

Smash Journeyman
For spolier reasons?

i will be surprized when i see them on the internet, i mean its not a spoiler really if it doesnt have to do with the story-line, i wont spoil the story line but all other stuff...

sonic130

Smash Cadet
Well, I'm going to be extremely careful when looking on youtube. I think I'll check out the starting roster, but no unlockables, and definately no sse information. I want to experience that on my own... with my brawl game :)

Ithilgore

Smash Apprentice
With the possibility of Brawl not being released here until the summer, I don't see how I can avoid the internet for so long. If it was being released in February, I'd probably avoid the internet altogether, or just stick to the Dojo, but 5 months is pretty unlikely, since even the Dojo will probably reveal the hidden characters by that time.

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
I was going to. But know I'm not. Rather than coming onto the boards however, I'm going to listen to the Show Me Your News! of that week first; and hear it from them ^_^ Then I'll come discuss.

Top Bottom