• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Irvine Tournament!!!!!!!!!

jays0nnn

Smash Apprentice
hey! Do u live in irvine, california? look for new people to fight in smash bros melee? well wait no more because... At the UC Irvine university center in a little store call Play N trade....Presented by Irvine Valley College Video gamers Club and Play N trade: Smash Bros Melee Tournament!!!!!!! (okay, okay ,okay that was a little lame but please bare with me ) Play N trade and IVC Video gamers Club is hosting a smash tournament on Oct. 13 at 12:30 pm. It $10 to enter and anyone that enter the tournament gets a free shirt! for the prizes is..1st place winner gets a $100 store credit, 2nd is $50 store credit, and third place gets $25 store credit. oh...if you guys plan to enter...say that Irvine valley students video gamers club bring you in because we are trying to raise money for a wii that can be use at school so we can play Brawl when it comes out! so thank you and PLEASE SUPPORT IVC VIDEO GAMERS CLUB!!!!!!!!!!!!! hope to see you there!

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
is it gonna be double elim/2 out of 3 and all that stuff? i dont wanna pay 10 bucks and have it be a best of 1

jays0nnn

Smash Apprentice
best 2 out of 3 rounds..single matches, 4 stocks, no items, no time limit, and there is counter pick, and the price just got change... so it $ 5 bucks before this saturday, and 10 bucks on oct 13

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
best 2 out of 3 rounds..single matches, 4 stocks, no items, no time limit, and there is counter pick, and the price just got change... so it $ 5 bucks before this saturday, and 10 bucks on oct 13
so where would i pay the 5 dollars at, to the uci gaming club? i attend uci and i didnt know we had a gaming club so i might want to check that out.

edit: i just noticed it was ivc and not uci. where would i go to pay the reduced price for the tourney

joey you might go to this?

trafficwarden99

Smash Journeyman
We'll see. I wanna play somewhere and I'm trying to get saturday off. Hopefully Gimpy's guy goes to AZ so I can hitch a ride, but if not that, it's either this or S&C. :/

stryderhyru

Smash Journeyman
i feel ur pain im a club president at my high school for gamers who play smash and were also trying to raise sum money ....so i think ima try and go to help u guys out

stryderhyru

Smash Journeyman
ill help ur cause ...ull be seeing me there

(srry for the double post accident xP ^_^)

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
i spoke with some employees there and i believe the first few rounds are FFA to eliminate people if there are a lot, top 2 advance and the maps for ffa are final and possibly... hyrule??

lollllll

its only single elimination, i might go tomorrow and whine some more about the rules

LuigiTheButcher

Smash Journeyman
Bad rules...atleast not like originally planned where they would do a FFA first, but it was best 2 of 3, single elimination and only available stages were: Corneria, Final, and Poke-stadium

1st place: DSF
2nd place: Arash
3rd place: Kilo

Me...I lost to Kilo =...( I was so close...serves me right for trying to kill peach off the sides >.<

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
whomever brought the version of smash where you cant lightshield edgeguard marths up b can go die -.-

Miharu

Smash Hero
Bad rules...atleast not like originally planned where they would do a FFA first, but it was best 2 of 3, single elimination and only available stages were: Corneria, Final, and Poke-stadium

Me...I lost to Kilo =...( I was so close...serves me right for trying to kill peach off the sides >.<
Rofl, Corneria + FD = campfest.

GG to whoever came up with the ruleset.

LuigiTheButcher

Smash Journeyman
If thats funny forgot to mention the employee there insisted on three stocks ONLY =)

Grant...now called Gant due to mispelling by the store employee played four stocks one match in defiance...funny stuff =P

Got Lots of friendlies in, and I had fun in the match against Kilo

The Game II

Smash Champion
Someone called me about the tourney and I was wondering, "why the f-ck would someone go Corneria considering the situation?" I didn't realize the stage selection.

--GCII

Boolossus

Smash Ace
The thing about this tournament that really frustrated me was the they separated the people that signed up the day of, and the people that signed up before today. And, most people from smashboards (the good people) signed up today. I got knocked out in the 1st round against a pretty good Marth... while I saw casual players and newbies advancing to the second and even the third round...:urg:

FSASheik

Smash Cadet
The thing about this tournament that really frustrated me was the they separated the people that signed up the day of, and the people that signed up before today. And, most people from smashboards (the good people) signed up today. I got knocked out in the 1st round against a pretty good Marth... while I saw casual players and newbies advancing to the second and even the third round...:urg:
Ouch tough luck. Why did they seperate them? it dosen't make sense.

Freedom

Smash Cadet
Shoutouts.

frozenserpent: It's nice to see someone from SJSU biweeklies at my first tourney in socal. Yo man, let's get some friendlies in some time like on Friday since I have no school =P
Arash: Thanks for using your Bowser, I really wanted to play it.
DSF aka Alex F: xD, you honestly don't remember that Dragon Beard Candy you had from me?
Mike T: The security guard had his money on you and you let him down. Hahaha, he's gonna hunt you down.
Brian: You're not bad at all, hope I can score some friendlies with you.
My partner in teams: Uhh...sup
jayson: Crap...were you the IVC guy? I kind of forgot, so I'm just going to say I hope you and your IVC crew come more often.
Grant: What did you main again? Anyway, next tourney, I want to friendly you in front of everyone.
Mike N: You have a good Falcon, same thing I said to Grant applies to you.
Conner aka LuigitheButcher: You're too fast for someone your age. How did you ever get to move so fast?
Sean(from spop3): Your Samus is better than I thought. You can missile cancel. I just thought you were like Jason whom danced all the time. Let's friendly sometime.

The tourney was good and all, I was scared no one from swf would come. Anyway, I thought the fact that there were no chairs sucked. The announcer guy was annoying too like the guy from this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WowKCUQX4v4. He didn't know smash even if it hit him in the face. His rules sucked. Before everyone set the stages and stuff, I saw the randoms on the main six, so someone must've knew what he was doing. 3-stocks was too short. Corneria+Pokemon Stadium+Final Destination=Fox win. Single Elimination sucked because Arash eliminated me at the second round and I'm definitely top 16 material. It hella(still norcal at heart) pissed me off when he said only the best of the best remain during the quarter-finals. I remember I saw DSF complaining about it and the guy explained to him that it would work out. Honestly, he should've used MLG rules.

One last thing, I plan on starting a smash club with frozenserpent at UCI since I'm 99% sure one doesn't exist. Um...I think I need at least 8 members, so I'll make a thread later about it.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
Shoutouts.
Conner aka LuigitheButcher: You're too fast for someone your age. How did you ever get to move so fast?
Iam NOT LuigitheButcher, hmph. :mad: I move fast cuz my fingers are magical. anyways, great job DSF, I'm pretty sure everyone who knows you and arash knew the placings at the beginning.

Kilo, good games, I'll learn to play peach, you're really good with her d@mn aerials :)
Arash, I still can't believe I almost beat you! Getting rusty? Anyways, good **** with that Puff, 40 pounds of meat for you were on the line xP
DSF, reverse FAAAAAALCOOOOOON PUUUUNCH!! too good!!

Freedom

Smash Cadet
Iam NOT LuigitheButcher, hmph. :mad: I move fast cuz my fingers are magical. anyways, great job DSF, I'm pretty sure everyone who knows you and arash knew the placings at the beginning.

Kilo, good games, I'll learn to play peach, you're really good with her d@mn aerials :)
Arash, I still can't believe I almost beat you! Getting rusty? Anyways, good **** with that Puff, 40 pounds of meat for you were on the line xP
DSF, reverse FAAAAAALCOOOOOON PUUUUNCH!! too good!!
My bad dude, LuigitheButcher said he lost to Kilo and you lost to Kilo too, so I assumed. Let's friendly sometime.

LuigiTheButcher

Smash Journeyman
Bah I was really close to defeating Kilo! Connor kicked *** though. Hey Connor lets not forget me against your captain falcon...>.> lol

Quaxcalibur

Smash Cadet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WowKCUQX4v4. He didn't know smash even if it hit him in the face. His rules sucked. Before everyone set the stages and stuff, I saw the randoms on the main six, so someone must've knew what he was doing. 3-stocks was too short. Corneria+Pokemon Stadium+Final Destination=Fox win. Single Elimination sucked because Arash eliminated me at the second round and I'm definitely top 16 material. It hella(still norcal at heart) pissed me off when he said only the best of the best remain during the quarter-finals. I remember I saw DSF complaining about it and the guy explained to him that it would work out. Honestly, he should've used MLG rules.

One last thing, I plan on starting a smash club with frozenserpent at UCI since I'm 99% sure one doesn't exist. Um...I think I need at least 8 members, so I'll make a thread later about it.
OH MAN! OH MAN!OHMANOHMANOHMAN! PC Chris SUICIDE KILL HE'S KING FOR A REASON MEW2 OH MAN!OHMAN! OHMAN! THIS GAME IS TOO MUCH! OH MAN! SUICIDE KILL! OH MAN! I NEED 2 CHNGE MY BOXRS LOL!

OcarinaLink

Smash Journeyman
Hey all, I heard there's a tourney being held at IVC. Can I get more information on that? I'm a student at UCI, and I'm trying to figure out if there is already a smash-specific club around in Irvine. If not, I'm thinking about starting one at UCI, with dues paid and all...

jays0nnn

Smash Apprentice
Sry about the Tournament...Because the Play N Trade Near the UC Irvine didn't keep their end of their Bargain..and i told them to use Toz that backet system but they refuse to use. plus i gave them the official rules but they didn't follow it. I'm sorry about the trouble with Play N Trade Next time IVC won't hold it with them anymore til they have a new manager because the current one is being ************** with us. Again..I'm sorry about this. IVC is holdin a Tournament At the Districts shopping center at Tustin on Oct 26, there is forum about it here the link:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=121180

jays0nnn

Smash Apprentice
Hey all, I heard there's a tourney being held at IVC. Can I get more information on that? I'm a student at UCI, and I'm trying to figure out if there is already a smash-specific club around in Irvine. If not, I'm thinking about starting one at UCI, with dues paid and all...
At IVC, we are a club that have different sectors..like Smash Group, KOF Group, Pokemon Group (yes i know...we do Pokemon too..) we have a Street Fighter Group, Tekken and so on. Certain days we change up the games and keep the clun united as one (it hard but it worth it) at IVC we hold different tournament for different games like Smash, KOF, GG XX AC, and other games. Since Vice president (which is me) made a huge mistake with Play N Trade...I'm sorry (again) and we will no longer conduct a tournament with that Play N Trade. Sure going ahead to start one, as a matter of fact...IVC is plannin to hold a School VS. School Vs School Battle like IVC vs. UC I Vs. Saddleback in Video games. SO it'll be great if you start one! cuz this plan was from Northern California....Which I'm from. So if you start a club like that then we battle it out, Meet new friends, learn new stuff, and practice together and maybe go all the way to EVO west and TO EVO VEGAS LOLOLOLOLOL IF u need help, Just PM me

jays0nnn

Smash Apprentice

Kilo is my friend..Freakin Crazy player..i have a hard time to beat him >_<

jays0nnn

Smash Apprentice
HOLY ****.. i remember talkin to ya with grant and other people , i forgot your face... are u from San Jose State University, it nice to meet someone from my hometown =)

jays0nnn

Smash Apprentice
IF anyone want me to help start their own smash club and want some friends from other school club for some friendly matches at Play N Trade Tournament, PM ME cuz IVC lost all their Crazy Smash players because Most of them go to UC Irvine now >_< plus the club want to help out the newbies to improve their game even me ( yes..i'm a newbie..just started playing this year for like 2 months)

OcarinaLink

Smash Journeyman
IF anyone want me to help start their own smash club and want some friends from other school club for some friendly matches at Play N Trade Tournament, PM ME cuz IVC lost all their Crazy Smash players because Most of them go to UC Irvine now >_< plus the club want to help out the newbies to improve their game even me ( yes..i'm a newbie..just started playing this year for like 2 months)
Following up on the SSB Club I'm thinking of starting for UCI, I've already done some research into starting one. If you're interested in helping me set this up, PLEASE PM me. I need all the help I can get ^.^ (i'm looking at you, former IVC smashers!)

I'm looking to hold this club as friendly club, where both new and vet players can meet, greet, and help each other point out ways to improve their smashing skills. This is NOT going to be a l33t only group; this group will be open to everyone who plays smash (GC and N64), and is easy going, approachable, and is willing to take constructive criticism, as well as give it.

If you're interested, once again, please PM me! It's time time UCI got it's own established smash community!

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
Following up on the SSB Club I'm thinking of starting for UCI, I've already done some research into starting one. If you're interested in helping me set this up, PLEASE PM me. I need all the help I can get ^.^ (i'm looking at you, former IVC smashers!)

I'm looking to hold this club as friendly club, where both new and vet players can meet, greet, and help each other point out ways to improve their smashing skills. This is NOT going to be a l33t only group; this group will be open to everyone who plays smash (GC and N64), and is easy going, approachable, and is willing to take constructive criticism, as well as give it.

If you're interested, once again, please PM me! It's time time UCI got it's own established smash community!
i'm interested in joining the irvine community. i just started playing smash competitively cause a friend from palmdale taught me during summer. i want to improve in my playing skills.

Top Bottom