• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Irvine Play N Trade(Alton) Brawl Tourney #2 Sunday 5/18)

LuigiTheButcher

Smash Journeyman
Brawl Tournament on 5/18.

Irvine Play N Trade is having a Brawl Tourney this Sunday.
When: May 4, unday; 1:00 PM
Address: 5405 Alton Parkway Ste D, Irvine, CA 92604
949-653-7529
www.IrvinePlayNTrade.com

We are located in the Alton Square plaza at the intersection of Jeffrey & Alton Parkway. There is a Ralphs and a McDonald's in the plaza as well. Our store faces Jeffrey, so you will find us next to the UPS Store and Doggie Spa.
Entry Fee: $5.00
Prizes:
1st - $50 Store credit and V.I.Mii Discount Card
2nd - $25 Store Credit
3rd - T-shirt

Rules:
-3 Stock
-8 Minute Time Limit
-No Items NO SMASH BALLS!
-No Stalling
-No Pausing any time
-If you are not present for your call you will receive a forfeit
-No Modded Controllers
-No unsportsman like conduct
-All controller types allowed, you will not be supplied with anything but the wii mote and nunchuck if
you come without controller.
-Matches are best 2 of 3, first round players chose a random neutral stage. Second Round the
loser of the first round counterpicks any neutral or counterpick stages listed. In case of tie third
round, loser of second round decides the stage.
-Banned stages are not to be played on under no exception

Stage List
Neutral Stages:
Battle Field. Final Destination, Yoshi's Island, Lylat cruise, Smashville, Pokemon-Stadium(melee)

Counterpick stages:
Delfino Plaza, Luigi's Mansion, Pirate Ship, Frigate Orpheon, Haldberd, Castle Siege, Jungle Japes(Melee), Corneria(melee), rainbow cruise(melee), green greens(melee), brinstar(melee).

Banned Stages:
All others

************************************Note***********************************

No Doubles this time! Lack of interest of majority of players caused it! If people stay then maybe but most likely not...

Who will win this time! Will Brian hold his position of third place for the 4th time! Or will he strive above the PnT T-shirt and claim first or second :laugh: Will the same winners be there or will we have new champs? The champs of the first Brawl tourney are still at large!

Oscular

Smash Journeyman
Wait, you said we get %50 of the entrants fee for doubles if we win, but then you say we get $80 if 8 people join...so does that mean doubles is $20 per team?...

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
hi im going to be going to be living in irvine this summer, is there a specific thread for Irvine/ orange county? and also, will all irvine tournaments just be posted here? sorry if i'm blind and missing everything >.>

-Furbs

LuigiTheButcher

Smash Journeyman
@Oscular

Typo! >.< I meant $40, the entree fee will be $5 a player so a combined team is $10. Also keep in mind it is store credit you get.

@Furbs
You sorta just gotta fish through the threads for something close to you, but our website is always updated for tourneys in our store:
www.Irvineplayntrade.com

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
Psycho ****** and I went.

Psycho ****** and I both split for first and I dunno the rest lol.
Me and xTaZ got first in doubles out of 5 teams? lol >_>

goggletanline

Smash Cadet
third in singles was Brian, the guy who played Mario (and got third for the third time lolz)
and conner, it was 6 teams! gotta make myself sound better @_@

2nd in teams DSF and Nezumi....ha..ha.. (psychomidget and psychomidget's friend Chad (i think his name was chad))
3rd was Cowmix sucks (me and cowmix) qq

Oscular

Smash Journeyman
Yea lol my friend keeps getting mad (well not really) that he got 3rd all three times he went to the tourny lol, I was the other Snake in that tourny, that dam diddy.... I guess I should have stuck to metaknight, ground battle is not good against diddy unless you have a reflector

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
lol Diddy's bananas are no problem for Wario xD Banana peels are so yummy to him

x.Ta.Z

Smash Rookie
third in singles was Brian, the guy who played Mario (and got third for the third time lolz)
and conner, it was 6 teams! gotta make myself sound better @_@

2nd in teams DSF and Nezumi....ha..ha.. (psychomidget and psychomidget's friend Chad (i think his name was chad))
3rd was Cowmix sucks (me and cowmix) qq
You didnt mention WE EAT BABIES!. This hurts my feelings almost as much as it hurts the babies.

LuigiTheButcher

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for double post! Thread updated for this sunday's tourney! Also when the tourney concludes I'll mention the other ones we will be having, I can tell you now they are Mario Kart Wii, GH3, and another Brawl, but for this Sunday it is BRAWL

x.Ta.Z

Smash Rookie
Brawl Tournament on 5/18.

Irvine Play N Trade is having a Brawl Tourney this Sunday.
When: May 4, unday; 1:00 PM
Address: 5405 Alton Parkway Ste D, Irvine, CA 92604
949-653-7529
www.IrvinePlayNTrade.com
Just wanted to point that out, it might confuse some people.
And eww, the 18th. This tourny is the same date as the UCLA one. But this one IS closer to the southern OC region.

Oscular

Smash Journeyman
barely any people will come, everyones goin to UCLA, have it after on the 7th so i can have 5 tournies in a row

LuigiTheButcher

Smash Journeyman
Well I mean if you'd rather go to UCLA then go, but we can't change the dates. Just to let you know however we are having another one June 1st for anyone who can't make it to this. Also if we have any mario kart wii fans we have a tourney for that May 25th. But yah Psychomidget you should be happy since if you win two in a row you can't go to third! Most likely Brain S. will move out of third and claim 1st, unless he's busy or going to UCLA(<-doubt it since he doesn't really go on boards). But ZOMG no t-shirt for him O.O.

@Aznforce

Your never happy with the date! And when you do come you lose! lol Jk.

Oscular

Smash Journeyman
Yea, he's actually going to UCLA, although he doesn't go on the boards, im his informer, and he's my ride, so hes going to like 5 tournies in a row. btw why'd you guys change tournies to sundays now?

aznforce817

Smash Lord
cameron(LTB) do u even play smash anymore? last time i saw u play was at the melee tourny at the other playntrade. And thats a mean thing to say btw. make it $50 in real cash. :) <3

Put this on allisbrawl so we can get those cool medals :)

irvineplayntrade

Smash Cadet
It's just the one listed, though for the next tourney after this I will inquire if we can up the prize with more people.(This is LTB btw)

@Aznforce

Hells yes I play, just can't go to tourneys cuz of work on the weekends =( And I can't enter our store's tourney's.

However maybe in summer if someone kindly decides to have a tourney on a weekday I can go...that or we finally hire another employee... >.<

@Connor

I'll dissappoint you!

Edit: Oh yah tourney is tomorrow people.

Oscular

Smash Journeyman
by up the prize, do you mean with real money or upping the store credit, if you do increase the pot, at least give 3rd place money or store credit instead of a t shirt.. lol brian keeps telling me that he needs a new gamecube controller, not more shirts.

LuigiTheButcher

Smash Journeyman
Tourney drawing to a close now

Aznforce and Tony Rios are battling it out evenly at Winners finals

On the losers side David Gonzalez is playing Richie, and B.B. is losing to Binh Nguyen our returning 4th place.

xDarkElement

Smash Journeyman
Haha yeah, i got nervous too much. Didnt think straight when i played.
Yo psychomidget is going for the 500$ at UCLA right?
1st real tourney, haha hey azn or tony, tell us whats the prize the employee gave u if u beat him.

irvineplayntrade

Smash Cadet
lol well I played 4th place Binh Bguyen's diddy and it was a close one but I lost so I gave him wii gum...the finalist prize is secret right now.

David just got eliminated and now the final match is between Tony and Aznforce O.O

I shouldn't have said aznforce never wins but I will beat him in case he does ;)

aznforce817

Smash Lord
lol cameron gg's It was a really fun tournament. Tony, nice playing ur pit, lots of arrows and smashes but it was fun. GB, kickass diddy man. love the banana game. Everyone else i played gg's, My first ever tournament win. i've never placed 1st before and im glad this is my first. :D

Cameron would u like to post this on AIB? so i can get the cool medal thing :D ty :)

OH btw the secret prize for the winner was my very own, Playstation 1 Bass hunter game. OMGGG SO LOL AMAZING...... -_- lol

GG's to everyone. cameron send me the TIO file as soon as u can and post the results!!!! ^_^

Top Bottom