• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa Smash Ready To Explode!

EarthBowser

Tightwulf
So remember that time when I used to play smash?

I'm getting Brawl tonight, but I still can't find a Wii anywhere. So if anyone wants to play Imagination Brawl tonight, give me their mind code.

zyroqwa

Smash Apprentice
Okay yesterday at Gamestop I got to the Semi's. Then I lost to a Lucas because I didn't grab the ledge with Ike and then my only KO'd on him was at he end but it didn't count because it was after the end of time.

Oh well, I recruited a guy to come to smashboards so that's better than a 50$ giftcard.

Yay!

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
F Gamestop tourneys. They were horribly ran and I thought the Wii-mote was gonna be used instead of the nunchuku combo.

NOVA1106

Smash Ace
hey love how was the party last nite who all was there wats a brawl fc # ill try to get my wii # up tomorrow

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Party was awesome and everyone showed up. Brawl FC is different from your Wii Code. Brawl FC is the number that is given to you when you go to Wi-Fi and play with your friends.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Crap!!!!! The boards F'd up my post. I'm gonna get banned now. Well, I guess we'll see how it turns out. I don't even know how many times it posted. :( NVM.

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
Ok so i went to the gamestop in Altoona for the brawl tourny with my cousin CBK (the one that played as pikachu at the in-play tourny back in August) and i met Reaper there! Never met him before... it was actually a pretty cool experience.

At first i didnt even know who he was.. thought it was just some random nab. We were watchin the tourny and he kept sayin how bad these guys were. I was thinkin "and ur pro?"

He started talkin bout how he already played the game. I was like wtf? import?

Hes like yea i played with my friend Echo and stuff in nebraska.

I was like "NAW u know who echo is from nebraska? Are u on the boards?"

then hes like "Yea im Reaper"

Then i started freakin out for some reason, "OH SHT i know u!"

He cant log in tho anymore on the boards... says he tried to get his info back by e-mail or somethin but doesnt work anymore idk..

then he said "who are u on the boards?"

and i was just like "im Proficient!"

he was like "nah uh! ur that amazing smash player? (he didnt really say that)"

i was like "Yea thats me!"

he started talkin about captain love, mtkd, fall, and all those guys and he mentioned that you captain love would talk about me (prob about how pro i am :laugh: )

Then we just chilled in line while waiting for the midnight release. It was pretty tite actually :lick:

He talks alot... like non stop... which is fine tho. He told me so many stories. Like why he goes by emo spider now, How he got his wii, how expensive culvers is even when he gets 50% discount for working there, how Ankeny (My school) crushed Southeast Polk (his school) this year in the playoffs like 50 - 7. Yea it was a joke... Hes pretty cool tho but admits hes pretty bad at smash haha but i bet he'll be good now that hes got a wii and brawl.

I still need to find a wii grrrrrrrr. Takin ur advice greg on calling toys r us tomorrow. If anyone sees a wii (which i doubt) tell me!!! :(

ANYWAYS the tournament sucked, but the experience was pretty cool

Wow that was the longest post ive ever posted. Sry for wasting anyones time with that post i just had to write. I was pretty bored. If i did waste ur time then............ GG :p

Hopefully ill be getting a wii soon and start ownin all u ezpz nubs :chuckle:

PS: Greg WUT CHU SAY BOUT ME HUH!?

-BC-

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Ok so i went to the gamestop in Altoona for the brawl tourny with my cousin CBK (the one that played as pikachu at the in-play tourny back in August) and i met Reaper there! Never met him before... it was actually a pretty cool experience.

At first i didnt even know who he was.. thought it was just some random nab. We were watchin the tourny and he kept sayin how bad these guys were. I was thinkin "and ur pro?"

He started talkin bout how he already played the game. I was like wtf? import?

Hes like yea i played with my friend Echo and stuff in nebraska.

I was like "NAW u know who echo is from nebraska? Are u on the boards?"

then hes like "Yea im Reaper"

Then i started freakin out for some reason, "OH SHT i know u!"

He cant log in tho anymore on the boards... says he tried to get his info back by e-mail or somethin but doesnt work anymore idk..

then he said "who are u on the boards?"

and i was just like "im Proficient!"

he was like "nah uh! ur that amazing smash player? (he didnt really say that)"

i was like "Yea thats me!"

he started talkin about captain love, mtkd, fall, and all those guys and he mentioned that you captain love would talk about me (prob about how pro i am :laugh: )

Then we just chilled in line while waiting for the midnight release. It was pretty tite actually :lick:

He talks alot... like non stop... which is fine tho. He told me so many stories. Like why he goes by emo spider now, How he got his wii, how expensive culvers is even when he gets 50% discount for working there, how Ankeny (My school) crushed Southeast Polk (his school) this year in the playoffs like 50 - 7. Yea it was a joke... Hes pretty cool tho but admits hes pretty bad at smash haha but i bet he'll be good now that hes got a wii and brawl.

I still need to find a wii grrrrrrrr. Takin ur advice greg on calling toys r us tomorrow. If anyone sees a wii (which i doubt) tell me!!! :(

ANYWAYS the tournament sucked, but the experience was pretty cool

Wow that was the longest post ive ever posted. Sry for wasting anyones time with that post i just had to write. I was pretty bored. If i did waste ur time then............ GG :p

Hopefully ill be getting a wii soon and start ownin all u ezpz nubs :chuckle:

PS: Greg WUT CHU SAY BOUT ME HUH!?

-BC-
God I hate liars. He didn't play the game before it would've been his first time playing(if he had the chance too) and done badly. By the way, how did you do? There was about 50 peeps at our Gamestop. I got to finals on the first bracket and loss. It was ****ing gay. Items started to appear even more than before. I hate the hammer. At least my friend won who goes to my school, so I might be over in Ankeny on Saturday to watch how he does in districts.

Funked

Smash Apprentice
im still dling my american version of the game. So we will see how long it takes me. Hopefully not to long. I like how everyone else in this thread died.

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
God I hate liars. He didn't play the game before it would've been his first time playing(if he had the chance too) and done badly. By the way, how did you do? There was about 50 peeps at our Gamestop. I got to finals on the first bracket and loss. It was ****ing gay. Items started to appear even more than before. I hate the hammer. At least my friend won who goes to my school, so I might be over in Ankeny on Saturday to watch how he does in districts.
Yea i lost.. i played as sheik and my opponent was samus.

Im at 60% and my opponent is at 120%. There was 10 seconds left and this stupid *** smash ball starts floatin around his head im like wow... so i head for it but by the time i got to him he already got it. Hes samus and ive seen samus' final smash before so i jumped behind him thinking the huge beam samus shoots wont hit me cause im way behind him. He uses it and misses me but then all of a sudden it sucks me into him and brings me to his beam im like WTF?!? and it owns me ALL WITH 2 SECONDS LEFT WOW. I was pissed cause i know i wouldve owned him in sudden death.. >_> Oh did i mention this was the first round? All bull****... final smashes are soo lame.. Good thing it was free otherwise i wouldntve played with those gay *** rules :ohwell:

-BC-

Sheer Cold

Smash Journeyman
Yeah the GS tourney was lame. All the matches came down to sudden death. I lost to a 10 year old that I ***** many times in the "practice time" before the tourney started (because those used real rules). My Game Stop is cheap they only gave a $10 gift card to first.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Yea i lost.. i played as sheik and my opponent was samus.

Im at 60% and my opponent is at 120%. There was 10 seconds left and this stupid *** smash ball starts floatin around his head im like wow... so i head for it but by the time i got to him he already got it. Hes samus and ive seen samus' final smash before so i jumped behind him thinking the huge beam samus shoots wont hit me cause im way behind him. He uses it and misses me but then all of a sudden it sucks me into him and brings me to his beam im like WTF?!? and it owns me ALL WITH 2 SECONDS LEFT WOW. I was pissed cause i know i wouldve owned him in sudden death.. >_> Oh did i mention this was the first round? All bull****... final smashes are soo lame.. Good thing it was free otherwise i wouldntve played with those gay *** rules :ohwell:

-BC-
I forgot to mention that my Gamestop was random characters. I was Wario. I didn't do bad with him, but it was the ****ing controller we had to use. Wii-Chuck. :ohwell:

EarthBowser

Tightwulf
hey earthbowser we can hit up some games if u want were do u live
I live right next to campus in Cedar Falls - the only cool place to live.

I'll be getting my Wii this Sunday when wal-mart starts selling some. Until then I'll have to keep bumming off of my friends' wiis.

SuichimoTheDragoon

Smash Apprentice
has everybody unlovked everything SSE sucks its almost like adventure mode in meele
Nope. I've only unlocked five or so secret characters and only two of the Melee stages, not sure about the Brawl stage.

I'm thinking about just starting the flower/1 stamina thing sometime today to get through unlocking the characters at least. I'll continue SSE later.

NOVA1106

Smash Ace
I live right next to campus in Cedar Falls - the only cool place to live.

I'll be getting my Wii this Sunday when wal-mart starts selling some. Until then I'll have to keep bumming off of my friends' wiis.
i live on campus too on the umiversity apt. if ur not busy we can hit up some games if ur freinds r up too it

Dark Hogosha

Smash Apprentice
Psh, when you dub kids gonna have tourneys?
Still doing the Monday night thing. 4th Monday of every month is Smash.

I don't know when the first weekend one's gonna be, doing a different weekend tourney on April 12th (for 3S and ST and CVS2 and that stuff).

Billy, when are you free next weekend (3/21-3/23)?

Edit -- http://iowagamers.proboards105.com/ If any of you are ever curious about attending tourneys in Dubuque. All none of you. ;P

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
Just got done playing Brawl at my cousins... this game is just wayyyy too good :laugh:

I can still play sheik like old times, but i think imma end up maining Diddy Kong... hes just too fun to play as :psycho:

-BC-

NOVA1106

Smash Ace
wolf,metaknight,peach,and samus wolf is too good he has the

AUTOCOMBO too good i like peach in this game she has good combos and shes fast no more Dsmash wich is good

Funked

Smash Apprentice
Id come if it wasnt on mondays cuz i have to work on mondays. I am somewhat free that weekend, we will have to see. I plan on going to a hockey game with the g/f, and id like to give her a break from people coming over everyweekend, so we will have to see.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Wifi blows.
Depends on when you play. I played at 3 am eastern with a guy in Chicago and had literally no lag. Maybe VERY slight but basically, it was like he was here. Same with a guy in Dallas at about 12 noon. However, I played a match at 7 or 8 pm against someone who lives 10 miles away, and had nothing but lag. It's all about timing.

Funked

Smash Apprentice
Vayseth - I just got the american version DL'd and burned yesterday, So i dont have anything unlocked yet. but once i get everything done ill hit you up on willvo or something.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Well i been playing Brawl none stop trying to unlock everything finally got all the Chars and Stages and i even manage to make Hyrule Temple and Kongo Jungle from 64 in stage builder kinda cool, now I'm just trying to complete all the Challenges. Link still has it but a just may main Snake instead.

(Spoiler coming)
So i played the SSE and like it the cut scenes were good, i however didn't like the ending, Sonic of all people that was stupid i think, come on Ganon couldn't stop Tabuu neither could Master Hand I don't see y they had to make him the hero, bias aside he is okay.
Another thing is that Brawl was another way for Sakurai to make another Kirby game, since all of the SSE story revolved around the Kirby Chars and the way u unlock stuff is from previews Kirby games. But Brawl still good better than Melee.

Top Bottom