• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa Smash Ready To Explode!

Funked

Smash Apprentice
well im sure once the game comes out more random scrubs will start popping up for brawl here in cedar rapids, so hopefully the tourneys we have here can be fairly good sized.

Sheer Cold

Smash Journeyman
ALSO! Idea- When the game comes out stateside do you guys wanna do a tourney every month? or biweekly? I think it would be good for us.
That's what I hoped we could get going tho not to sure if I could call in every month that might look a little suspicious :ohwell:. Not to mention work ***** Kami. We be sure to make a few at least. Tho it is a long drive at least it's not Iowa City that place is forever away.

Yeah good games and such. Sheer you and Kami didn't really **** me and Nova...The Pit and Wolf combo is too good.
Also, AYEAYEAYEAYEAYEAYEAYE!

Yeah yeah whatever lol Kami still kinda sucks with Diddy I blame him ;)

Also When are the video going to be up?

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
Yeah I probably won't be able to attend tourny's for 2 maybe 3 months. Thanks mtkd for recording the matches. When do you think you will have them up? Thanks funked for having us I appreciate it. I had a ton of fun. But now the good feelings are going away as the blood is draining from my cut wrist and tears are cutting my face. But yeah im going to go pro so watch out kids.

Funked

Smash Apprentice
Henry- its a possibility, its either that or the one in MN so we will have to decied. Ill hit you up.

Mike/Mark - don't be sad get glad with gladlock

Sheer Cold

Smash Journeyman
I'll kreep the tourny If I can get it off work . I'll try tho. Of course I'm all the way at the bottom of Iowa so car pooling with you guys probably isn't an option. :(

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
I say we go the 29th Nova cuz we been planning that one out. IN. is about a 6 hour drive from Des Moines and probably 4 from your place.

Funked

Smash Apprentice
IN is about a 5-6 hour drive from here, ive driven through it many times on my way to ohio. MN is way close to both of us. I dunno if Xiang is down to go but if he is and he drives we can prolly stop by and pick you up on the way henry.

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
what controller do we use on the gamestop tournies?
The rules say u have to use a Wiimote, but i heard some say u may possibly be able to use GC controllers. Not sure tho :confused:

Im hopin there will be alot of tournies in Des Moines.. since that would most likely be the only one my "crew" would go to >_>

Were still little high schoolers :urg:

-BC-

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Iowa should have a tourney sometime in April or May. We should see what month people want. March is unavailable for us cuz some of us need practice time for a tourney on March 29th plus maybe some more practice time after that.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
We should be reeling in numbers as the year goes by. I'm trying to start a Smash League in Des Moines, Nova is trying to get UNI students involved, and Funked got some connections in the Midwest and probably other states.

Funked

Smash Apprentice
Yeah its hard to be as awesome as i am. But you can attain such a status with practice. My girlfriend hoped you guys liked the cake she baked for you.

anyhow im sure we we cedar rapidians will make it to des moines when you guys have a tourney.

Henry - if you can get a location in cedar falls i can run tourneys there as well. As you know ive ran prolly around 1000 tournies in my day.

On a side note i beat gitaroo man today and ive never done that in the 6 year since i was intruduced to the game lol.

Sheer Cold

Smash Journeyman
Yeah its hard to be as awesome as i am. But you can attain such a status with practice. My girlfriend hoped you guys liked the cake she baked for you.

On a side note i beat gitaroo man today and ive never done that in the 6 year since i was intruduced to the game lol.

What when was there cake. Man I miss out :(

I picked up a copy of Gitaroo man Yesterday and it's awesome!

~GregDang!~

Smash Master

anyhow im sure we we cedar rapidians will make it to des moines when you guys have a tourney.

Henry - if you can get a location in cedar falls i can run tourneys there as well. As you know ive ran prolly around 1000 tournies in my day.

That cake was awesome. Tell her thanks since we didn't get a chance to.

Funked

Smash Apprentice
haha you did miss out the cake was dope. On guitaroo man once you beat normal masters mode gets unlocked, then thats when you get sad.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Well sorry for the late post but my brother loves using the computer anyways.....

Saturday was fun Snake is to good, thank u Funked for having us over it sucks that we had to leave early but what can u do.

Funked ur too good on GNT4 I learned a couple of things how about next time we try EX2 never play it but it seems fun, also ur girlfriends chocolate cake was good should have gone for seconds.

kamikaze falco & Sheer Cold it was nice meeting u.

Teams was good me and C.Love with the grab to knee to good. Also Nova and me finally team up in Brawl(Snake & Wolf good combo) that's the new Destructive Laughter Nova.

Schism ur mastering Zelda that forward-B OMGZ and Pit just practice the arrows or I'll just keep crawling under them XP

And Kodou with ROB man WTF!

Thanks again Funked hope we can do it again

NOVA1106

Smash Ace
that vid was cool bowser looked like a mutant gone wrong

JKR hellz yeah the new destructive laughter possibly the best in IA :)

Funked

Smash Apprentice
man i dunno. I was sad you didnt come fall.

Joker yeah we can play ex2, but try cheapin folks out with temari in gnt4 i think youll have lots of fun pissing people off.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
why are you guys called team destructive laughter? you dont really destroy or have weird laughs or anything
The reason is because one day at Omaha I kept spiking Echo so he call it the last laught.
A couple of weeks later me and Nova were playing teams can't remeber who but one of them was left alone against us, so while i was comboing the guy Nova was charging his shot, I ended up spiking him, and just as i spiked him Nova shot Samus full blast and kill him. There for since the spike is called the Last Laugh and the blast is destructive we came up with Destructive Laughter.

Sadly we haven't got it on tape and when we were taping MTKD moved the camera when we pulled the move again T.T

If anything this is the closes thing to it but Nova was in the middle of dodging and couldn't recover in time. It's at 3:40
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5Dsl5ArseTQ

Joker yeah we can play ex2, but try cheapin folks out with temari in gnt4 i think youll have lots of fun pissing people off.
Ur right Funked Temari is pretty cheap and after i tried it out they are going to hate me more.
LOLZ Good Times.

Top Bottom