• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Tacoom

Smash Lord
are monarch decks still too good?
mokey mokey is soo CUTEEE :3
Sometimes I think your speaking though your avitar.
Your trippin me the fook out. :psycho:

2. OR do NOT chose your name. Let it come naturally. Bowrsh was always Devon's choice
John is Tacoom not Yosh.
I wanted to be called "Dragon" but Aaron had already rocked ne/ia with Ganon
Fixed ^~^

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
alright i just woke up from the most awesome sleep ever, i got a good 12 hours in (^o^). btw what is everbody doin tonight? i might want to do somethin later cause i might get bored sometime later

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
If you get bored you can pick me up and we can go somewhere with games. =P

Though I wouldn't know where lol.

ace156

Smash Apprentice
im just throwing this out there, but spring break is coming up somewhat soon this month for college, and the only 1 person i play brawl against (lol, it was "away" from Joker's tourney) is leaving. so i dont know if you guys often get together just for free play of games rather than a tourney, but if you ever feel like adding an extra person just let me know, since im not working (i shouldnt be ><) all of break ill be free. and if people need rides or such my car has plenty of room and relatively enough gas to go anywhere haha

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Hey Joker, if I bring my own DVD's you think I could record some replays next time I'm over there? Is it hard to convert and stuff?

And mad training is going to happen the spring break before Oshkosh no?

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Fixed ^~^
I'm actually starting to call you Tacoom, but when I do, you never respond so I end up calling you Yosh T.T

alright i just woke up from the most awesome sleep ever, i got a good 12 hours in (^o^). btw what is everbody doin tonight? i might want to do somethin later cause i might get bored sometime later
If you get bored you can pick me up and we can go somewhere with games. =P

Though I wouldn't know where lol.
I just woke up, but I should have done it earlier, but there's always games at my place, pretty much when ever people want to show up, I'm game, and even if I'm sleeping is kool, cause I prefer it when people wake me up, it helps me get my schedule straight >.0

im just throwing this out there, but spring break is coming up somewhat soon this month for college, and the only 1 person i play brawl against (lol, it was "away" from Joker's tourney) is leaving. so i dont know if you guys often get together just for free play of games rather than a tourney, but if you ever feel like adding an extra person just let me know, since im not working (i shouldnt be ><) all of break ill be free. and if people need rides or such my car has plenty of room and relatively enough gas to go anywhere haha
Actually we tend to get together pretty often for games and stuff, Peeks and Zash come down and play games with us sometimes, so when ever you want to come down, just give us a heads up, so then we can get people some what together, also just about any day works for us, but not the 20-21st of March, since there's the MidWest-West Circuit Event that week, and just about all of us are going, so yeah XP

Hey Joker, if I bring my own DVD's you think I could record some replays next time I'm over there? Is it hard to convert and stuff?

And mad training is going to happen the spring break before Oshkosh no?
Yeah it kool, just bring your Wii, cause there's some Replay my Wii wont play because of the Music Modifier, so pretty much the ones before I moded the music, plus you can rec. that match that Jordan and Kit want, cause I have no more DVDR's, and is not that hard to convert, just after you rec. everything I Finalize the disk, then use a program that rips DVD's and you should be good, also yes, we need mad training if we want to do good at this Circuit.

ace156

Smash Apprentice
Actually we tend to get together pretty often for games and stuff, Peeks and Zash come down and play games with us sometimes, so when ever you want to come down, just give us a heads up, so then we can get people some what together, also just about any day works for us, but not the 20-21st of March, since there's the MidWest-West Circuit Event that week, and just about all of us are going, so yeah XP
awesome, i have your phone number so i will probably let you know. my break starts on the 15th or so (whichever friday is closest to that day number lol) idk if you get texting or not, so let me know if you prefer calling or texts.

i figure a few days out of break i may head up to Des Moines, but ill give you a heads up so you can either plan ahead or let me know if you cant make it.
also this coming week is midterms for me so dont expect any messages haha.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion

Yeah it kool, just bring your Wii, cause there's some Replay my Wii wont play because of the Music Modifier, so pretty much the ones before I moded the music, plus you can rec. that match that Jordan and Kit want, cause I have no more DVDR's, and is not that hard to convert, just after you rec. everything I Finalize the disk, then use a program that rips DVD's and you should be good, also yes, we need mad training if we want to do good at this Circuit.
Cool man. I was going to bring my wii anyways because the replays are of B+ and stuff. And yeah I have plenty of extra DVDs you can use to record your stuff too.

Also, anyone check how far a drive Oshkosh is yet?

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
NightOwl is their leader and he likes to party down XD

awesome, i have your phone number so i will probably let you know. my break starts on the 15th or so (whichever friday is closest to that day number lol) idk if you get texting or not, so let me know if you prefer calling or texts.

i figure a few days out of break i may head up to Des Moines, but ill give you a heads up so you can either plan ahead or let me know if you cant make it.
also this coming week is midterms for me so dont expect any messages haha.
Actually thats my home phone#, It's weird cause it seems like a cell#, but yeah you can try calling me, but I rarely answer my phone, unless the people living upstairs tell me I have a call ;3 so you most likely get a response from me thru my thread, since I check it more often >.0

Also, anyone check how far a drive Oshkosh is yet?
I believe around 6hr or so.

MTKD

Smash Apprentice
I'd actually like to come, but I'm doing a demo for DB CCG at mayhem sat. at noon, if I would of checked ur thread sooner, I wouldn't of scheduled it on that day.

For those of you who were planning on coming to Jokers next tourney but cant, I'll have a live broadcast of the tourney here: http://www.blogtv.com/People/mtkd and I bought a new web cam so it will be better. Hope you guys enjoy who cant make it.

http://www.blogtv.com/People/mtkd

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
well if the next one is on 4/4 then would that mean there would be another one in late april or would it move to earily may?

EDIT: lol i found this pic and it made me laugh, this is how it should feel to be at JMT when there are too many ppl there (^o^).

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
If we make it the 14th Joker can use his winnings to pay gas fees for all of us! :laugh:
I pretty much already did that when we went to Kansas.

yeah are you guys comin down for my tourney? just curious.
If it's on the 14th we will most likely go, if Skizm ends up going that day, unless people want to train that day, since the next week is the 2nd MW Circuit, so we should see.

well if the next one is on 4/4 then would that mean there would be another one in late april or would it move to earily may?
Well it all depends on which day does Cook end up having the 3rd MW Circuit, I believe he still thinking of having it on the 25/26th, point being if this is the date for the next Circuit then the next monthly and some of the others until June or so, will have to be on the first weeks of the month, since most of the MW Circuits will most likely be during the end of the month.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I pretty much already did that when we went to Kansas.

If it's on the 14th we will most likely go, if Skizm ends up going that day, unless people want to train that day, since the next week is the 2nd MW Circuit, so we should see.

Well it all depends on which day does Cook end up having the 3rd MW Circuit, I believe he still thinking of having it on the 25/26th, point being if this is the date for the next Circuit then the next monthly and some of the others until June or so, will have to be on the first weeks of the month, since most of the MW Circuits will most likely be during the end of the month.
Das where I got the idea. But nah lol, so if people did decide to practice before the 2nd MW circuit would we get together for games or have a little mini-monthly? And who else was planning on going to JBM's?

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
im most likely not gonna be able to go to JBM's this weeked since i have a lot of track stuff to do on friday and sunday. im gonna be at cental college all day for a track meet on friday and on sunday i have to get ready to go to ISU and UNI for a meet there also. so im pretty booked for this weekend. i get sometime off during spring break though, but after practices in the morning that is

gantrain05

Smash Master
ok so all of a sudden my g/f doesn't want me goin to wisconsin, im gonna keep arguing with her about it and if nothing changes by saturday count me out i guess =/ i still plan on going tho.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
so yea are there anygames this week b/c i want to get in some more practice...^_^
I second that sentiment. We are willing to go that far to practice. Gotta dominate Oshkosh.

ok so all of a sudden my g/f doesn't want me goin to wisconsin, im gonna keep arguing with her about it and if nothing changes by saturday count me out i guess =/ i still plan on going tho.
Ditch that *****. Smash Bros before Hos.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Kit if there is any time that would work for you guys above other times we will work around that. I have no classes whatsoever Friday so that would be a good day or even Thursday evening. Or Saturday evening w/e.

Midterms are going to prevent me from playing until at least Wednesday night. But I'm ready to switch into hyper mode upon the completion of my last midterm.

EDIT: I am sorry for my previous response here.... it is not my place to meddle in others' affairs.

xfacta

Smash Cadet
razor or reiza however you're doin it now. i got friday off as you prolly know so let me know if you go anywhere thursday night and i'll most likely join you

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Kit, Sunday is fine with me other than I have pitching practice from 4-6 so I will either have to leave by about 3, or not show up until around 6:30.... So if you arrived relatively early in the morning, before noon per say I could have several hours of playing with you guys.

Brenton, I shall inform you of my plans. I just remembered I have an obligation Thursday evening but since I have nothing on Friday I would be willing to play after or before it.

sluys

Smash Journeyman
vos and i will be around. we'll probably drive down if we can get the info.

i'll text jake or blake or thomas one of these days

PortCity

Smash Ace
so yea are there anygames this week b/c i want to get in some more practice...^_^
Pop up in Ames thursday night. We will be playing here, as usual. Also, when will we see the matches from the crew battle? Our side won, and we looked sad while the other side celebrated as if they were the winners. I guess when you almost lose to a number 9 hammer, it is hard to get crunk about winning :-\...

LouBega

Smash Journeyman
Pop up in Ames thursday night. We will be playing here, as usual. Also, when will we see the matches from the crew battle? Our side lost, and we looked sad while the other side celebrated because they were the winners. I guess when you lose to a number 9 hammer, it is hard to get crunk about losing :-\...
fixed!!!

10fixes!

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
so jake are you willing to play friday then b/c im down for anyday...^_^and sekou dude i wish i could make it up there but i never have a ride..>_< but yea just let me know when some games are b/c im just ready to play...

gantrain05

Smash Master
PLANS ARE BACK TO NORMAL! im still down for osh kosh, i don't know what got into that girl =P but im down for games this weekend if they are happening anywhere. cbk u better show up cuz i need some pika practice, im gonna take anther outta the tourney =P

also bone, if you are still planning on doubles with me for osh kosh we should get at least one solid night of practice in, if theres a certain char u think would work well with your char let me know and i'll put the extra practice in.

gantrain05

Smash Master
Pop up in Ames thursday night. We will be playing here, as usual. Also, when will we see the matches from the crew battle? Our side won, and we looked sad while the other side celebrated as if they were the winners. I guess when you almost lose to a number 9 hammer, it is hard to get crunk about winning :-\...
i don't know about everyone else, but i didn't feel like i contributed to the crew at all =/ i was playing like crap the whole night and i only ended up taking 2 stocks when i know i could have done alot better.

Top Bottom