• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Well if you're buffering thats easy. You don't really buffer 2147 crescent sabers because you don't buffer jumps. You just do the motion.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
GGs in BB Joker. Some of those sets were way too close. I gotta stop now though, been playing all day and my hands are starting to feel the burn.

Always good to play some consistent games, so you know what you're doing wrong. You were picking up on me later on. And omg, so much easier to do low crescent sabers with easy specials on. Btw ranked online matches don't allow C-stick specials. >.<
v13 is a Bitch everyone has to approach to combo she just stays away and combos errrrr
And yeah I played a couple of ranked matches and no R-stick thru me off T.T

I don't really see why it's necessary to even have the R-stick specials, most of them aren't hard to perform in any way.

Anyone up for games or something tomorrow? I'm PROBABLY free for a large portion of the day, though I should probably play some smash since I haven't touched that since the tourney.

Completely unrelated: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jItz-uNjoZA

Well I guess the same thing can be said about C-sticking in Smash >.<

I'm also up for games tonight and my god I love that video 0.0
Specially cause we saw AMV HELL 0 the other day XP
If people show up we're watching AMV HELL 3 >.0

Uli

Smash Champion
ill take em i guess if you want to give them to me, or else i will download them off the youtubes

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
I guess you can try getting them from youtube and see if the quality is good otherwise I'll upload them to megaupload or something >.<

Mainly cause the files are on the computer and I'm using the laptop T.T

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion

v13 is a Bitch everyone has to approach to combo she just stays away and combos errrrr
And yeah I played a couple of ranked matches and no R-stick thru me off T.T
Yeah the thing about v13 isn't her projectiles though, its her movement. Her backdash is godly and I can just act pulsar through you if you get up close and block my 2C(You should beat it with any move but don't block it).

Thats why what you gotta do when you play Nyu is watch v13, and not her projectiles. She makes a different motion for each sword, and by that motion you can tell early enough wether its safe to dash in. She makes a very noticeable motion for her 4D(The overhead sword that comes from behind) which is your que to be ready to either dash in, or catch my act pulsar. Then you combo me for 3/4 of my life.

See Aksys knew a projectile that hits high wasn't a good idea, so they made 4D the slowest of all the swords. Same goes for J2D, using it takes away my dash and my double jump so I can't play pure keepaway with it. So if I jump and throw swords down I have nowhere to run afterwards. If you're not quick enough I'll just cancel into a feint crescent saber and shoot more, but I still can't move. Come in with an anti-air combo for another 3/4 of my life. Not to mention J2D and 4DD account for half my midscreen mixups after 5DD.

EDIT: Also, don't jump. Unless you like free 4K damage.

EDIT2: I probably won't be up for games today. 4th of July BBQ.

gantrain05

Smash Master
i don't know what blank is talking about, he's abbreviating everything!! on another note, i will probably be buying blazblue for 360 sometime in the near future and im gonna nerd rachel hardcore.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
really jlo? i understood everything cause its just simple 2d fighter lingo lol. but if anything im up for any games today. if there arent games them i might as well just go to one of my friends house for fireworks like i usually do

gantrain05

Smash Master
really jlo? i understood everything cause its just simple 2d fighter lingo lol. but if anything im up for any games today. if there arent games them i might as well just go to one of my friends house for fireworks like i usually do
the last 2d fighter i played was like 10 years ago lol, i don't really follow the 2d stuff other than smash.

gantrain05

Smash Master
hey, when is the next smash tourney anyway? i havent really been online too much lately. is it the midwest circuit championships next?

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
u wished that Marowak was broken, we all know that Arceus is the only true broken-ness in pokemon \(^o^)/
And JBM has 6 of them. All with moves like Doom Desire, Blast Burn, Roar of Time, Giga Drill Breaker etc. If we all team up against him, we may stand a chance. JBM and his top tier characters and pokemon.

Edit: And we all know that Rattata is the most broken pokemon in the game. Screw up once and I'll prove it to you all.

ENDEAVOR AND QUICK ATTACK FTW!!!!

I also highly suggest that people watch the abridged Yugioh episodes, they're too good.

Uli

Smash Champion
god **** im so bored, im tempted to go back to that place just to do something!
D:

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Joker, maybe I could've said more about the v13 matchup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UVzLgsVFF0&fmt=18

The 1st minute pretty much shows what happens when you let v13 **** you midscreen. I guess maybe jumping in either with barrier/instant blocks is good, and mainly jumping close up to her in general where her anti-airs are slowest is actually a good strategy. Bait her 2C or even a bad 2D and then combo her for half her life. Check out how this Ragna does it. Basically just don't go for straight aerial attacks because 2C covers most of her body and 6A's are anti-air breasts of doom and they both lead to like 3.5K damage. Jump and block instead, instant block if you can and counter for a combo.

Like I said before, 4DD is still a good opening. Same goes for 2DD if you're fast enough. Basically you can't let her get free act pulsars or backdashes off you, because then you're back to square one.

Edit: This Tager also has the right idea: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M0LzKLlsCw

Kamig

Smash Apprentice
I'm getting BB when I get my 360 back, for now i'm just playing it whenever I can at other people's houses.

I spent all of yesterday playing it, and today with A Magic Top Hat and that was what maybe like 10+ plus hours of playing it straight lol.

Well I've got to say i'm more exicted about BB then I was with sf4 but I know sf4 more lol.

BlazBlue is too fun! I'm starting to love that game!

Here's a hint of who my main on BB is:
BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!11!!!11!111

Tyserification

Smash Lord
How can I find vids of pros playing Blazblue? Im prob gonna main Tager.

EDIT: Nevermind. Im going to main Litchi. TITS!

EDIT again: Nevermind. Im going back to Tager despite his suckage.

§chizm

Smash Lord

sluys

Smash Journeyman
shoutouts

Joker - Is it cool to bust into your place for games either tomorrow or Wednesday. I can call Schism when I know what time. I might catch a movie first but haven't decided.

Schism - do you have texting? I'm not sure if you have my number; it's on facebook if you need it

Sekou/mara/mduo/razor - I'll get ahold of you guys sometime to see if you want to meet in DM for games.

bone/other magic players - I've been playing alot lately (with really crappy decks) so we should get some cards going if we have people to play.

vos - suck a ****.

zash/peeks/NE/MO - you live too far away

cbk/bc - so i guess you guys died. good riddance ******s.

blank/greg/kudou/others - you're asian right? got any pickup lines that work on Korean girls?

AMERICA **** YEAH! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdj2zbMIOqU&feature=player_embedded

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Well I'm up for some games today, I need some GIGaBrawl practice ^.^

By the way that vid is too good >.<

Also I seen that Ryu/Snake texture and I gotz it now and Kakashi too 0.0

gantrain05

Smash Master
I am probably gonna buy a box of Magic 2010 when it comes out.
i hear that new set is coming out with a bunch of new really gay rules, i think they are having a little party for it on saturday at the ames mayhem, im really not looking forward to new "rules"

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
i hear that new set is coming out with a bunch of new really gay rules, i think they are having a little party for it on saturday at the ames mayhem, im really not looking forward to new "rules"
Yeah they are pretty much gonna ruin cards like sakura tribe elder and mogg fanatic by removing damage on the stack.

On the up side a lot of the cards they are bringing back are a lot of fun tho.

Kamig

Smash Apprentice
Yeah they are pretty much gonna ruin cards like sakura tribe elder and mogg fanatic by removing damage on the stack.

On the up side a lot of the cards they are bringing back are a lot of fun tho.
Bone that pic of platinum angel is from tenth edition not 11th (which is basically the new set name) so idk if they're re-making it, just saying.

Also mana burn will be removed entirely so some cards are going to get a little better, and combat is going to change drastically.

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
Bone that pic of platinum angel is from tenth edition not 11th (which is basically the new set name) so idk if they're re-making it, just saying.

Also mana burn will be removed entirely so some cards are going to get a little better, and combat is going to change drastically.
I keep confusing their tenth edition logo with the 2010. Unnecessary name and logo choice.

I am not feeling the way the combat works now. Seeing as how now you have to do all the creature pumping among other stuff when you declare blockers. Which kinda takes away the element of surprise.

Kamig

Smash Apprentice
I haven't read up on it all that much but I agree that's bull that it's done then, because alot of decks revolve on surprise. I wonder if that would change the ninjutsu ability? I love ninjutsu sometimes it's too fun! :laugh:

MUST PLAY MOAR BLAZBLUE!
Ugh I want my 360 back so I can go out and get it!

Top Bottom