• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Invincible Roy.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Is that so?
I may have to try that sometime, real or not... Been a while since I picked up Roy (I keep forgetting about that far side of the roster, poor fellows :laugh: ).

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Roy will still lose. But why would that work? And why only Roy?

oh wait I think I misunderstood are you talking about the roll back on?

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
So you have to die in order for this to work?

Edit: I tested out the various implications of what you said. It doesn't seem to be working. :laugh:

ike_love

Smash Apprentice
Good triksies, do you happen to know who discovered this? I'm currently working on a roy tricks vid and need some more ideas.

ike_love

Smash Apprentice
I take back what I said about finding a good trick. I now require video proof/a more in depth explanation of this technique!

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
You can get tech invincibility if you wavedash off of a platform, hold shield while you're falling off and if it's high/low enough, you can tech on the ground out of your tumble animation.

Since we're just sharing random stupid techs =P

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Pretty much all of the platform techniques are pretty useless, like the frame perfect Crouch Landing technique that Eggm "discovered". Wavelanding will always be superior haha.

Although the lightshield > bair that Chop always does on platforms is pretty attractive.

wool

Smash Ace
r0y d035nt n33d t0 d0 A11 th4t h3 h45 t3h f1R3!!!!!!!!!
but legit, couldnt you tell by the title that this was fake

ike_love

Smash Apprentice
I pm'd Jak for some more info on the subject in hand. This is what he said...

Well, what I said plus:
.It has to be a CPU opponent(DUH)
.Must have r held down.
.Must never let go of are even AFTER YOU DIE.
You must be hit off. Fox may be best for this cause of his laser.
.When you die, press L while still holding R, this also works.
.The sheild must be on while falling off.

Happy to answer anymore questions.
Remember Jak, revenge is a dish best served with pIhEr!

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
You can get tech invincibility if you wavedash off of a platform, hold shield while you're falling off and if it's high/low enough, you can tech on the ground out of your tumble animation.

Since we're just sharing random stupid techs =P
that only works w/ floaty chars.
proof- luigi, the char w/ the least stun time can tech off certain platforms, while roy, the char w/ the longest stun time, cant tech on the same platform.

^ random stupid anylization lol

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Well. It depends, 'cause it's reliant on the twenty/forty tech frames which are also activated by the wavedash.

It's really not a useful enough tech for me to go into details =P

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
word. it might be useful with a faster tech, which isnt avalible w/ most floaties.

i think its not the wd, but momentum pushing u out of ur shield in general. the "marth killer" puts u in tumble. maybe.... if DIed correctly.... u can make urself ledge tech from a waveland off the edge.... but i doubt it. and not w/ roy, due to being a ffer :(

edit- forced ledge techs= custom wall jumps.

Top Bottom