• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Investigation - Your character's hardest Match Up?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
The thing with Charge Shots is that they're supposed to be used with mindgames. If you throw out any predictable ones(unless that's what you want them to think, obv), even against people who can do no more than shield/dodge it, you just wasted several seconds charging(normally a good thing for those running out the time) and could be in immediate danger. Said it before, I'll say it again. I lol at people who think anyone with a reflector counters Samus because of it.

Anyhoo. I used to always use N-air to beat out MK's Nado. Worked for the most part, now I tend to rely more on semi charged CS and the occasional lolbomb as I see fit. Plenty o' moves work fine in the right situations, however. On a related note, I'd say change my vote to MK, Jiggs is only my bane. As if my opinion mattered any of course.
Don't lol at me, IsmaR! Hehe.

Reflector beats Charge Shot. But, you're correct. You need to be tricky with Samus, and it's fun sometimes when you use your CS a lot, and then when your opponent sees you fire, it's a Super Missile instead, and he or she doesn't react to it in time. Another trick that I have done was that my brother was using Ness, and he used PSI Magnet. Well, he did this as he ran close to me while I was charging. I was charging still, and he let up, which gave me the opportunity to fire.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Zair beats nado at the top. Uair beats nado from the sides and bottom.
Uair only beats nado from side and bottom on the 5th and 6th hits where the priority maxes out. We only have this, some options to take MK out of Nado, and to an extent, an air-release that i'm still left to question on functionality, against MK. I believe we only have an advantage over Olimar is when he is offstage, or he's above us(?).

Lucario is not hard; it's 60-40 Lucario at the most. Charizard is either 50-50, or 45-55 Samus. I don't know if Charizard's Fair out-prioritizes Zair, but our full CS cuts through Flamethrower like butter. Squirtle ***** us. Ivysaur is 40-60 Samus at least. Our Dtilt has a 10% knockback increase against Ivy's Grass-Type, so it's expected to KO around 115-125%, if fresh. Fair hits Ivy farther away from the ledge on a ledge-hop, so we can charge a CS. Super Missiles do more knockback, and Seekers do as well. CS cut through Razor Leaf. Zair beats Razor Leaf. Ivy has a decent KO power lead ahead of us, even with the increase of knockback against him on Dtilt. He's particularly the easiest to gimp among PT, but his offstage game isn't worthless.

Top Bottom