• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Investigation - Your character's hardest Match Up?

Zelderu Maryoto

Smash Apprentice
Hi. This is an investigation that I made because of curiousity. I got the idea from SuSa, who made an investigation on what was each character's most important match up to learn, whom I PM'd and asked if I could do this investigation. I was allowed to.

Basically, the rules for this investigation is exactly the same as SuSa's, except for the fact that you, in this investigation, are allowed to vote in as many Character Boards as you want to.

I'm posting this investigation in every Character Board on Smashboards. The purpose of this investigation is to figure out what character is one character's hardest. You may discuss it in this thread before you vote.

When you vote, you simply say one particular character you find the hardest for the character in question. But it is your first vote that matters. Whenever I see people have voted in this thread, I edit and write the name of the person that voted and then the character the person voted for.

If you have any question, ask it.

OK, let's get started!

iamjason8

Smash Journeyman
(not trying to troll or unnecessary)

Pikachu, though ICs and Sheik come pretty close.

RPK

Smash Lord
youd think for ICs, you just have to find moments where you can punish with a dash attack but instead of a dash attack you Pivot wavegrab back throw instead to separate the two of them. Problem with that is if you grab nana and back throw, that leaves you open for popo to do a 60 or 70% CG on you. I guess thats what hit confirming is for. If its nana you grabbed, you forward throw into popo and try again. -shrugs- Thats what I think. PWG should play a big part in this as it is fast, a great punisher for any openings that theyd have and easily separates the two of them. Atleast, thats what I think.

Chef Fox

Smash Apprentice
I've played a good ROB, it's actually pretty easy to beat him:
First, you take his gyroid and don't let go of it
Then, the ROB player will start crying and drop his controller
Proceed to Up Smash

*CT*

Smash Lord
Sadly I'm having troubles with the Diddy MU the most; Sure ICs are hard but imo its not really gonna change if I play with another character to me its the same mindset/approaches. Pika and then Shiek.

I hardly play against any of those characters in bracket or friendlies either making it harder to practice the MUs.

RPK

Smash Lord
Against Diddy, I got the idea from Champ since I think that's what he would do against Diddys. He would just grab the opponent's banana, and the run off with it lol. He would then just camp with the banana in his hand, and laser all day, every day. And when there was an opening, or a mistake that the Diddy player made, he'd jump cancel toss the banana, and proceed to punish him appropriately by either upsmashing, grabbing, ect. After that, he'd pick the banana back up, and continue with the shenanigans lol.

Our hardest MUs would have to be Pika, ICs, & Shiek. Wario is pretty tough as well though not as much, since I think Fair vs Wario is pretty good. It lasts a while, and will force Wario to air dodge, or just not stay in the air vs us. -shrugs- Can't really explain it, but I like using this vs Wario. In addition, our U-tilt does a good job in stopping Wario. I usually found it stopping Dairs, and what not. They mix up bite though, then it's all bad. For IC's you gotta camp them, or play the grab game with them in some way to split them...You either grab them, and split them, or they grab you...It's kinda balls. Shiek, you can't make a mistake against this character, or it's obviously going to cost you. You can punish Shiek's F-tilt if you time it right, and the shiek didn't hit with just the tip of the foot. If that is all Shiek goes for, then it shouldnt be as bad.

Top Bottom