• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Introducing SSB64 to the competitive scene

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Now that ssb64 is on Virtual Console why not start having more ssb64 side tourneys at brawl/melee tourneys?

It's essentially a new smash to most of you. Theres a lot of tech skill involved, it's pritty fast paced, and it has insanely fun combos.

I KNOW a lot of you would love ssb64 if you gave it a chance. Therefor I propose a movement to start having ssb64 tourneys at brawl and melee tourneys. Anyone else with me?

My question to my fellow Orlando smashers:

If I convinced Next Level Lan (the new gigs) to hold a ssb64 tourney at the next melee/brawl tourney for a $5 entrance fee how many of you would enter? If I win I'd be willing to split my winnings with 2nd and 3rd place.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
lol smash games have gotten significantly more puzzy (defensive) as time has gone on

SheerMadness

Smash Master
SSB64 is mad aggro. Nice to see theres some legit interest in ssb64 tourneys. I'll try to talk to Next Level Lan and see what they think.

Scidadle

Smash Champion
Sheer is the best at SSB64 in FL. Get over it

Lol, but really I love ssb64 the only thing is I can't z-cancel for my life!

SheerMadness

Smash Master
You CAN spam z-cancelling in ssb64.

I think I usually hit z twice before I hit the ground, to z-cancel.

I'll teach anyone anything they want, even parrying. But that requires you to actually play with me. =]

EDIT: Garbanzo has broken my shield with about 10 jump canceled shines in a row before. He's the 1st person I've ever seen break a shield with 5+ shines in a row in my 5 years of playing competitive ssb64. Garb is a legend.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I would certainly be down to play some 64. =)

Just make sure that item switch is unlocked. I hate how I'm forced to play with items on every time someone brings in a Wii with 64 on it because it was not yet unlocked...

:069:

ihatethecape

Smash Ace
haha, yeah last time i posted was a long *** time ago. when are we playing kid? i've been dying to play but you deadbeats are never down.

Scidadle

Smash Champion
Main ssb64 falcon all dai

All bout that superboomfan

fthrow uair uair uair to up b is like... sex. With a size of luigi and mario AND LINK AND SAMUS AND .... I wanna be like Isai :(

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Thomas G used to play pika, I'm sure he still does occasionally. He probably uses a bunch of different characters.

Bears Are Scary its up to you to get Georgia to run ssb64 tourneys at brawl/melee tourneys.

Top Bottom