• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Introducing Emblemboards

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
WAIFUUUUU oh wait. Was fooled for a second. (Actually this is really good stuff)

Dude, calm down. And out of curiosity, what are your fandoms?

bruhhhhh there's a lot of unexplored territory with FE, but having a few more with more reps from other series in a smash5 would be cool.
Smash, TF2, Kingdom Hearts, My Little Pony, Undertale, Harry Potter, Avatar the Last Airbender...

I have a lot.

Last edited:

Defensive Bias

Smash Cadet
A shame this will only last today.

Also if I fight for my friends but I have no friends than what am I fighting for?

DPKdebator

Smash Apprentice
My profile picture seems to have been changed to some long-haired redhead dude. This might be a silly April Fool's joke, but FE is personally the most over-represented seri-err, an enriching component of Smash.

Arc Quilava

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snowboos
3DS FC
0748-3092-2840
Switch FC
7015-6523-1723
Honestly the worst part about this is that most of this 100% accurate.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Why couldn't we have had Metroidboards, or something with class?

Hell, I got worst husbando as an avatar, this is a GREAT INJUSTICE; because obviously Lucina is best husbando.

TheHeroKing

Smash Cadet
NNID
GIRATlNA
It's amazing how people are still butthurt over the FE characters in Smash.

MarthOfHyrule

Smash Cadet
NNID
MarthOfHyrule
A Fire Emblem game with more Mario characters in it. Seems legit

OH MY ****ING GOD. I'm MY MIST UNFAVORITE VIDEO GAME CHARACTWR OF ALL TIME. **** YOU SMASHBOARDS

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Edit: Aw, I forgot how comment sections worked.

I'm too used to the forums.

Last edited:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Look at all these low-tier FE mains. Not one of them has truly reached 20KitsuneKitsune perfection.

When are we going to discuss how Selkie and Kaden dominate the current meta?

I nearly threw up from laughing so hard.

also alternate forum skin for Emblemboards mods? please?

Pan-optic

Smash Rookie
God dammit, I got Kagero... Any Selkie want to trade? OH! Or Ophelia?! That could be fun.

Nick T

Smash Rookie
So did I

Btw, just wanna let whoever came up with and implemented this know that this is my first AFD on Smashboards and I love it, so props to you. :)

I would totally be ok if this became like a forum skin or something
Last year it was Shaqboards.

TheHeroKing

Smash Cadet
NNID
GIRATlNA
10% of SSB4 characters are Fire Emblem, yes. BUT, 4 Zelda newcomers were added to Melee and they're about 20% of Melee's roster. Mario has 7 characters which is also around the 25% area. So of Melee's 26, nearly half was Zelda and Mario but when it's them it's okay, right?

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
10% of SSB4 characters are Fire Emblem, yes. BUT, 4 Zelda newcomers were added to Melee and they're about 20% of Melee's roster. Mario has 7 characters which is also around the 25% area. So of Melee's 26, nearly half was Zelda and Mario but when it's them it's okay, right?
Yeah, because Mario and Zelda didn't need to resort to pandering to waifu-loving weeaboos just to stay alive. It's good when a franchise doesn't need to pander to a lowest common denominator just to continue existing; and those series are mainstays of gaming, so them being well-represented is a given. Plus that's 20-25% of a much smaller roster. 10% of 50 characters being FE is still too goddamn much, especially when other franchises (like DK, Star Fox, F-Zero, Metroid, etc.) are left with only one or two characters.

And Fire Emblem is NOT sucessful enough on the long term to deserve equal character representation to the worldwide phenomenon that is Pokemon. No ****ing way is that actually a logical thing to ever say.
Don't even ****ing try to use the percentage of Mario, Zelda and Pokemon reps as arguments that the FE franchise isn't over-represented. Corrin is not neccesary and is only a excuse to promote Fates. Lucina is a half-baked clone just to add more padding and promote a game that was doing well enough. And FE has 3 new characters, Metroid, Zelda and DK? ZERO new characters. FE's total cast in Smash is 6 characters, which only Mario and Pokemon rival or exceed.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Ah "muh reps"
The most insufferable argument in regards to characters in Smash.

Top Bottom