• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Interest in a Doc Intermediate-Advanced Options Video?

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I'm kinda getting back into Melee, but I'm lacking the will to really sit down and get my tech skills back (inb4DOCTECHSKILLZ?LOLOL). Soooo, I was thinking that if I had to make a tutorial about different options Doc had, I might actually get some practice in, while also being a benefit to the community.

It would include things like:

Fair on shield - Options after and Yomizzzzz
Dair and you! - What ridiculous things can Doc's Dair beat, and when should you not use it?
Up-B OoS CH combos - Or, why Fox should be afraid to dair on your shield

And a buncha other random crap along those lines. I may end up doing a "what to do after every move in given situations" video, but that's a hell of a lot of work and I dunno if I have the commitment.

Anyway, let me know if people would be interested in this sort of thing. :)

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Actually, a tutorial video wouldn't be a bad idea. I know so much about Doc. Doc has a systematic chart of what he can and can't do in certain matchups in given situations. I really would make a video if I had the recording equipment.

The people who decide to view the video could get better with Doc by learning from the video. And even the players who wanna get better at fighting against Doc could do the same by learning from the video since the tutorial would exploit Doc's strengths and weaknesses.

I think KirbyKaze just proposed this sort of idea a couple a weeks ago in the general discussion thread. I don't think you were really active here at that time, Izzy.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=13398041#post13398041

Any Docs interested?

I'm hoping for any of HMW, Shroomed, otg, boss, Smashmac, and Dogy but if others want to contribute, don't be shy!

PM me if you want to participate.

But since I don't have any recording equipment, I can only give input on some things.

ElloEddy

Smash Journeyman
I'm kinda getting back into Melee, but I'm lacking the will to really sit down and get my tech skills back (inb4DOCTECHSKILLZ?LOLOL). Soooo, I was thinking that if I had to make a tutorial about different options Doc had, I might actually get some practice in, while also being a benefit to the community.

It would include things like:

Dair and you! - What ridiculous things can Doc's Dair beat, and when should you not use it?

And a buncha other random crap along those lines. I may end up doing a "what to do after every move in given situations" video, but that's a hell of a lot of work and I dunno if I have the commitment.

make it please =D

poega

Smash Apprentice
I'd really like something like that, need to get some fresh practice inspiration

гυιη

Smash Cadet
NNID
Unique
3DS FC
5198-2442-2813

You could split it up, work down the speculative tier list, and make situation videos for EACH character, or the most commonly used characters that Doc goes against. Certainly do at least the top 10 on the list. I'm sure we all would greatly appreciate it

Top Bottom