• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

instant walljump (while on stage)

Cruise

Smash Apprentice
i was screwing around with moonwalking the other day, and while i was as far left as i could go, while facing the center of the stage, i screwed up and ran off, but somehow, i did an instant wall jump.
dunno if this was alreadyknown or not, but just throwing this out there

also, this ISNT the instant wallhop from the ledge, thats different and i can't do that either

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
perhaps you fell off the stage right when you pivoted, and immediately wall jumped. if you can repeat that again, you are the ownage.

technomancer

Smash Champion
I agree with choknater, this is probably the Pivot Hog (dashdance right next to the edge and you'll fall off in the pivot frame), and then smashing the other direction.

I don't see how it would be amazingly better than just dashjumping off the edge.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I don't see how it would be amazingly better than just dashjumping off the edge.
It would be stupid and technical and therefore good. Noob.

Yeah, I've done this a few times and I always immediately pause and say, "What the hell was that?"

It's not very useful, but it would be pretty hilarious to be able to do on command.

Hax

Smash Champion
does anyone know how to actually do the ledge-walljump? doraki's thread is sorta confusing.. i don't feel like making a new topic just for this. =P

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
I'm assuming you mean the one on FD? Just hit away when you're hanging on the ledge and a jump button at the same time. The timing is iffy since sometimes you'll just end up doing a backwards ledgehop but sometimes you'll get the instant.

On levels like green greens and foreside, one where the ledges are also walls, you can just hit away and you'll instant walljump.

Cruise

Smash Apprentice
oh

no thats what what im talking about
the thing i did was when i was trying to moonwalk
i rolled towards the edge and i hit right too softly, so i didnt dash, and when i hit left, i ran off the stage, but i then i suddenly walljumped

Hax

Smash Champion
I'm assuming you mean the one on FD? Just hit away when you're hanging on the ledge and a jump button at the same time. The timing is iffy since sometimes you'll just end up doing a backwards ledgehop but sometimes you'll get the instant.

On levels like green greens and foreside, one where the ledges are also walls, you can just hit away and you'll instant walljump.
thanks a lot, this is cool. i'm pretty sure there's a way to do this while conserving your 2nd jump, though; am i right?

G@BE said:
i call Hax.... lawl
:chuckle:

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
on FD I don't think so... maybe jam the control stick back and forth?

But on like green greens or wall stages like that just hit away and you'll still have your second jump. the FD one I don't think so.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
oh

no thats what what im talking about
the thing i did was when i was trying to moonwalk
i rolled towards the edge and i hit right too softly, so i didnt dash, and when i hit left, i ran off the stage, but i then i suddenly walljumped
I was talkin' to Hax lolz.

Eaode

Smash Champion
On FD to instant walljump without wasting 2nd jump, you could probably release the edge with the c-stick and press away with the control stick immidiately afterward. You'd probably need almost perfect timing though.

I should test it.

EDIT: I just tested it. Either it requires frame perfect timing, or it doesn't work. Sorry xD

I couldn't do it in slo mo melee, so I'm guessing that it's the latter.

Hax

Smash Champion
on FD I don't think so... maybe jam the control stick back and forth?

But on like green greens or wall stages like that just hit away and you'll still have your second jump. the FD one I don't think so.
yeah that's probably what i was thinking of. thanks. :)

Var Parasite

Smash Apprentice
Netherlands, Noord-Brabant, Hilvarenbeek.
This instant walljump thing happened to me once when I was screwing around because my techskill with falcon is too crappy (can't even shffl an uair in combo's).
I was mixing up with moonwalking (no, I can't do that either), so I think, I pivot'd, ff'd to get to walljump height without grabbing the ledge, smashed to walljump, dj'd back and wtf'd.
I think its not only the timing, but the speed aswell.
Someone should find some frame data for this with AR.

(My first falcon post, YAYZ.) (off-topic) Could someone please tell me an easy(er) way to moonwalk and shffl uairs?

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: The walljump happened because, as technomancer said...

...you pivoted off and managed to hit away on the analog to initiate the walljump.

And I believe Captain Falcon is incapable of performing instant walljumps on FD. Only Fox and a few others can do it, though it's easiest with Fox. Not all walljumpers can do it on FD for some reason or another.

He does excel at instants on several other stages, though, like Mushroom Kingdom 2.

Top Bottom