• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inside jokes

Cake Suitcase

Smash Rookie
i tryed to look for a similar topic but couldn't find any so if one does exist please direct me in the right direction.

i was wondering when you play with your friends, what jokes do you make with them about the game that other people wouldn't understand unless they played with you?

example:

When i play with my buddy's we believe that Cpt. Falcon is Arnold Schwarzenegger under the helmet. or when he says show me your moves, we just say show me your boobs.

or some of my favorites are with marth.

we never knew what he was saying (until we looked it up online) when he would reflect, taunt, win etc. so we came up with our own.

for his Reflector we came to the conclusion that he says 3 things in Japanese.
but we came up with words that closely related to English. so all three are.

Sausage in a cup
Pizza
and soak a duck

just little things me and my friends laugh about. so what do you laugh about when you are with your friends.

also any joke you are already making about Brawl?

Lynkx

Smash Journeyman
Harvey Jay Hilton flip - Captain Falcon jumping backwards

Snake breakdancing

Snake + Samus

Ness being a f*g in general

Falco's real name being Bill

Dr. Mario's back flip

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Blue Link being a "Cheat hack noob" character.

The queen/king of jigglies.

Mewtwo saying "Mewtwo FIRE!" (a la PK Fire) for all his attacks)

Falco saying "Falco PUNCH!" When he punches, which is hardly ever (Never?) but he says "Falco Kick", "Falco Fire" for his up B and "Falco SLICE" for his side B.

And Fox often says "You KNOW you feel pain from my kick."

Bluerockworld

Smash Apprentice
I usually annoy the crap out of people by beating them with pichu! Only in melees though... I would just wait on a side far away from everyone else and charge his skull bash and let loose when someone gets knocked off.
Samus took her suit off just for you! or Don't taze me bro!
Kirby sucks V(*.*)V
I would usually counter a lot with Roy, so Falcon Punch becomes a fruity drink!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Speaking of which, Luigi is a closet straight. That's right.
My view of the world has now changed.

Here are some made up personalities:

Lucas is really Kumatora in disguise.
Ganondorf is a smoker.
GAW hates everyone.
Marth is a woman-to-man transsexual.
Snake is equal to Captain Falcon in manliness.

Mama

Smash Ace
I usually annoy the crap out of people by beating them with pichu! Only in melees though... I would just wait on a side far away from everyone else and charge his skull bash and let loose when someone gets knocked off.
Samus took her suit off just for you! or Don't taze me bro!
Kirby sucks V(*.*)V
I would usually counter a lot with Roy, so Falcon Punch becomes a fruity drink!
xD xD

10chars

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
when Snorlax comes out of a Pokeball, everybody yells "WROBEL!!!!!!!!!!" because Wrobel is this guy who is big and sleeps....alot.

when Marill comes out, everybody yells "SUICIDE CAT!" this got started when somebody who didnt play Pokemon thought Marill was a cat. Suicide because it kills itself.

when Mew comes out, everybody yells "KUNSMAN!!" because Kunsman is mystical

when Goldeen comes out, play stops and everybody jumps until Goldeen disapears after somebody yells "Bounce with it, It's friendly!"

and the best one: one time a non-Pokemon player was playing and saw Venusar for the first time. They responded with: "OH MY GOD! WHY IS THAT HIPPO HUMPING THE GROUND!!!"

kitsuneboy_geoff

Smash Apprentice
-Pikachu is a ninja.
-"Tier transformation!" when Zelda transforms.
-Various theories on how Captain Falcon's knee became electrified.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
I don't have brawl..but in melee my friend and myself would make random jokes to what the characters sounded like they where saying.

Example- Ganondorf always says "TEH!" when he jumps around. My friend though he was saying "Tuck". So that turned into a whole big joke about Ganondorf going to see Tuck Everlasting and loving it, then telling everyone how great of a movie it was. I dunno.. the image of Ganondorf at a chick flick is funny to me.

Fox sounds like he is saying "Tate" when he smash attacks. So we usually shout "Tate & Liza!" after the Gym Leaders in Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire.

Dr.Mario stole a PHD from some guy. He isn't a real doctor. He also has nicknames depending on his costume. Surgeon Mario, Gynecologist Mario, Dr. Kevorkian Mario... etc

Mewtwo is always eating some flavor of Ice Cream, which is why he always makes "MMM" sounds...

Also random names for costumes.. Pink Luigi= Gayuigi, Pink Fox= Gay Fox (followed by the phrase "Oh, I broke a claw"), White Marth= Wedding Marth, Black Marth= Funeral Marth, Gold Roy= Golden Roy, Green and Brown Mario= Gender Confused Mario (My friend meant to say "Sibling Confused" but said Gender instead..so I stuck with that) Red/White/Blue Captain Falcon= Captain America Falcon.. There are others.

Basically thats what we do when we play Smash. I look forward to all the Brawl Jokes. :chuckle:

Mama

Smash Ace
Theres loads but my favorites are calling anything a "John" (basically an excuse look it up)

Like when someone is playing and their phone rings and they pause or say hold on I'll say "cell phone johns". Or someone walks in front of the TV and somebody dies "*name of person in the way* johns". Someone laughs at a john joke and gets punished for it "john johns" etc etc. Little things like that can make Smash atmosphere funny.

THEmSHAKE

Smash Apprentice
A couple of running joke me and my friends had..

Captain falcon was always after young like and ness (you know.....)

Different colors for characters had different personalities. ie purple fox - philosophical fox (because he said "why?" when you star ko him), orange - county worker fox, black jacket falco - ladies man falco, and several others

The santa song - spurred from the depths of hell on accident by one of my friends. It can only be sung with the kirby gourmet race theme.

"Grab Mr. Santa Clause, stuff him in a big brown sack" This is sang three times I think before the tuba kicks in and then you say "tuba solo" then you repeat for mass irradiation.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
Luigi's Nair is "Plumber's Boot", Luigi's Up-B is "The Italian Stallion", and Luigi's Fair is "The Italian Specialty"

Any aerial combo with Marth is "The Marth Barrage"

A turnip-kill with Peach is "You just got turnip-ed!"

Marth is a closet gay

The white-capped Luigi is "Luis", the Pink Luigi is "Gay Luigi", White Link/Young Link is "KKK Link"

Black (any character) is Emo (any character)

The Shy-Guys are Anton (one of my friends named Anton)

Killing oneself in general is "Pulling an Anton". Killing oneself with the Barrel in Kongo Jungle is "Pulling a Billy" (Billy is another one of my friends)

Ganondorf is a terrorist/sexual predator

Bowser is a sexual predator

And this: "I can feel it inside me, you're not as good as you say you are, I know I can defeat you! AAAAAH!" The last part is an overly dramatic, anime-like scream. Said whenever you're losing by one life.

"That's why they call me... The Grinch!" Said whenever you pull of a successful combo.

"I do this for you, Zabuza." Said whenever you accidentally kill yourself.

"We're the Koopa Kids." Said whenever two Bowsers are on a team.

"Let's do this... Fire Emblem style!" Said when Roy and Marth are on a team.

"These stall-tactics are workin' like a charm!" Said in an impossible-to-describe high-pitched voice. Used whenever well... stall-tactics work like a charm.

Re-Deads are "Charlie".

Stitch-Face turnips are "Frankenstein", Happy Face Turnips are "McDaddy" (a nickname of one of my friends)

Captain Falcon is "Captain Nipples"

"Peachy-Keen!" Said in a weird low-pitched voice, said whenever you hit Peach with a PK Thunder while she's floating.

Oh Gibdo

Smash Journeyman
Well one that we have is kinda crude, but...

Link is my main in Melee, and my one friend really hates it when I Dair him. This same friend also never cusses, but intead comes up with really strange replacement words. So one time when my friends and I were playing, I Dair'd him, and he shouted "AWW PEN*S!". We were all like 0_o, and then we just started laughing. That move is now called the "P*nis Sword".... -_-

Another one is calling pink Captain Falcon "Captain Valentino".

Thingy Person

Smash Journeyman
"A special event?! But the Dojo said that Wario alone is special!
"

Along with this and a parody of the "IT FEELS GOOOD" captions that none of you will understand. Hint:
I hope you don't mind my codefest.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
My friends and I have been known to rcome up with names for attacks we/they hate.

Zelda's Bair/Fair - Skank Legs
Nayrus's Love - Crystal Force (Note: apparently consumes the entire stage in its hit boxes)
Fox's Up Smash - Up Gay (Instead of Up A)
Ganon/CF Dair- Curb Stomp
Peach's Turnips - Vagitables

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, a successful hit with Link's Dair is "Up the butthole"

Dr. Mario is a drug dealer or otherwise not a real doctor.

Pulling out a beam sword with Peach is well... you can probably guess.

E-Z-MONEY

Smash Journeyman
Because I come on these forums to learn about tech and what not my friends always make fun of me by purposefully saying things wrong. They call Fox's Shin spike, Spark Volley and edgehogging Hedgehogging although I call it hedghogging to because it is just so funny. Oh and whenever we play as blue captain falcon we always say "I'm a sailor!" in the stupidest way we can. Oh and green Ganondorf is a pirate. We always have sailor Falcon versus pirate Gdorf matches at Termina. It is awesome.

antimatter

Smash Lord
My view of the world has now changed.

Marth is a woman-to-man transsexual.
that aint made up.

here's mine:

captain falcon is not as straight as he seems to be. he says "show me your moves", he sometimes dresses in pink, when he hugs someone regardless of gender he says "yes!"

ness says pk tundra and bk france.

top that.

TheBigBadCow

Smash Cadet
We have a TON of in-jokes in my dorm where a bunch of people gather and play. We get together all the time and there's anywhere from 4-12 people playing matches and tourneys in the afternoon or (more often) weekends. It's a pretty casual affair, but there's a few good players.

Luigi Dsmash:=breakdancing
Also, his fair=the karate chop of doom

DK's side b=Donkey Punch (if you don't know what that really means.... :laugh:)

Captian Falcon's Falcon Kick is renamed the Falcon **** because thats what you hear when a newbie does it and he/she flies off the stage. Also we make jokes that the good ol' cap says "falcon" before everything he does. Falcon Punch! Falcon Walk! Falcon Eat! Falcon Go-To-The-Movie-Theater! Falcon Buy Popcorn!

Bowser's Down Throw (yes, THAT one)... well, what can't you say about it? sex jokes abound.

Jigglypuff sleeps around

Mewtwo has laryngitis (which why his laugh is so low and scratchy sounding)

MrG&W's neutral B=Sausage Fest

Pikachu with party hat=partychu. He's a pimp
Green DK=Moldy Kong
Pink Luigi=Flaming Luigi
White Marth=Wedding Marth
Pink Falcon=Fancy Falcon
Falco=That ****ing bird (Falco's my main, and I'm the best in the building)
Jigglypuff=Jiggs, or The Puff.

Then there's the "Martha technique", which is really when someone uses only one move the for entire game (in Martha's case, Yoshi's down b)

Jesse, the Luigi player, is nicknamed Mr. 12.5% because his side b missile move always goes critical when he dosn't want it to. I can attest to this, because it always seems to go off when he's trying to get back on and he's almost at the stage, and then he rockets to the opposite end.

Larry, who mains DK, will always run away to charge his B in a 4 player match, and then comes in for a cheap punch. He always says "harroooo!" when he connects with it. Its a quote from Team America World Police (the part when Kim Jong Ill turns to the camera and says hello in a bad accent)

There's a girl named Helen who's really good with Yoshi (probably second best in the dorm) but ever since she started dating Matt (a fox player who really sucks) She has started sucking.... a lot. We always joke that Matt is using her to siphon off her smash skills somehow.

Also, Snoop Dog and Kirby.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXzg0D-cKds

...we play smash a lot. :laugh:

Curbside_Prophet

Smash Cadet
I dont remember them all but
dr mario is not a real doctor dont let him touch your genetals
samus is a lesbian that shoots flying sexual toys
marths white out fit is an alternate super marth refered top as hyper mother marth and you must play the shinning collecting while playing him.
general loud kekeke noises
fox and falco smash forward is a barrel roll
ther down air is an arieal berial roll.
a bunch I dont remember for the color of link(we actually got that from four swords)
marth is a pretty boy all the females love
falcons nipples of justice
marios up b is being coin stared
there was much more but i really dont feel like writing it and you probley dont really wana keep reading.

abectevolution

Smash Cadet
This is "slightly" off topic, but back with MKDD came out, friends came down to visit me for the week and brought a projector. We cleared out an entire room and projected the game onto an entire wall and played it every minute of every day for a week, and we were NEVER sober. One of us smoked bugler (sp?) tabaco and we started making this parody song to the MKDD theme song called Dubler Tubes. It's funner if you know the song. After that, we used the phrase for lots of stuff and made lots of Dubler Tubes and Dubler Tubing songs.

I am throwing a party for SSBB and those same people will be here, along with the projector. I wonder what we will come up with :)

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Captian Falcon's Falcon Kick is renamed the Falcon **** because thats what you hear when a newbie does it and he/she flies off the stage. Also we make jokes that the good ol' cap says "falcon" before everything he does. Falcon Punch! Falcon Walk! Falcon Eat! Falcon Go-To-The-Movie-Theater! Falcon Buy Popcorn!
LOL! that'd make a good web comic/Youtube video..

White Marth=Wedding Marth
Huh I call him the same thing..see page one.

Ridley22

Smash Ace
It's not smash exclusive but it is about mario.

Walugi is a petafile.

Ya you know it's true.

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
Mewtwo Shadowball=HADOKEN

SJP=SHORYUKEN

but for brawl.....

Lucario Aura Sphere= SUPER HADOKEN
Lucario FS= Ka...Me......Ha.....me...........HA-DOKEN

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Mewtwo Shadowball=HADOKEN

SJP=SHORYUKEN

but for brawl.....

Lucario Aura Sphere= SUPER HADOKEN
Lucario FS= Ka...Me......Ha.....me...........HA-DOKEN
Samus FS: Mikuru Beam!!!!!!!!!!

Krell

Smash Journeyman
Where to begin.
We pretend that C. Falcon says an array of things such as "show me your boobs" and "so you lose." We also have nicknames for all of his moves (Dair is called Waffle Stomp for example). Oh and of course white Marth is "White Wedding Marth." Whenever somebody says "I couldn't recover" we of course say "BUT YOU MUST RECOVER" in accidental tandem.
I can't think of anything else right now, but there's plenty.

AlbinoMonk

Smash Cadet
Ness is an illegal Mexican immigrant named Pable (not Pablo.)
Whenever you use Peach's down smash, you have to apologize because it's unfair (I play peach, my brother plays space animals and never got the hang of NOT holding down when I hit him :p)
Peach's Daisy costume is actually the costume of Daisy Dumpkins, the famed school-teacher/sex addict
All pokemon are cats. Pikachu is a catrat. Jigglypuff is made of cotton.
Falco's green outfit is his "bad-***' jacket. While wearing it, he cannot fail (no longer true).

There's more, I just don't remember them

Top Bottom