• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[INSERT NAME HERE]: The Bowser Boards Community Video!

B!squick

Smash Master
Hello reader, welcome to the topic for all things related to [INSERT NAME HERE]: The Bowser Boards Community Video.

First of all, what should we call it?

Secondly, who do we have on board for the actual production?

Editing/Directing:
  • Vex Kasrani
  • Blistering Speed

Footage(specific people wanted)
  • Vex Kasrani
  • Sliq
  • MrEh
  • Phiddlesticks
  • calv
  • NinjaLink
  • (who else?)
  • anyone with cool ****

And, uh, then I guess we need song suggestions. I'm liking this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAuqowo5vA4

Personally, I think a Bowser video isn't complete unless the music has guitars. Here are some songs I suggest:

Sixto Sounds, zircon - Subterranean Kamikaze (OC Remix) - It's a remix of the Sewer Surfin' theme from TMNT IV. I love it.

Sixto Sounds, Theory of Nonexistance - Tant Mieux (OC Remix) - This is a remix of the Unerasable Pain song from Romancing SaGa. It starts off quieter (which could be used as some sort of intro), and then pretty much explodes into rock and synth.

Sixto Sounds, zircon - Nuclear Flash (OC Remix) - Another Sixto/zircon collab. This is a remix of... something... from Megaman 2. Who cares what it's remixing. It's awesome.

Armcannon - Ghostbusters - It's a rock remix of the ghostbusters theme. Pretty ballin

B33J, Cerrax, Sixto Sounds, yodaisbetter - Wanderer on the Offensive (OC Remix) - This is a remix of some song from Shadow of the Colossus (I have never played the game).

Dhsu, Sixto Sounds - The Unholy Wars (OC Remix) - This is a remix of some song from Tales of Phantasia (again, never played the game). It starts off with an awesome piano piece by Dhsu, which I could definitely see being used as an intro of some sorts.

RoeTaka - No Need To Reload (OC Remix) - This is a remix of the Judgement (Stage 1-1) theme from Metal Slug 2.

Strong Bad - Trogdor - Comedy option? I felt compelled to include this in my list.

Honestly, anything Sixto Sounds does could be used in a Bowser video. I just picked out my favourites. I bolded the first 3 because those are the ones I would most like to see used.
More songs. I just multi quoted because I'm lazy. :p

I like it. There's really an endless supply of songs that would work for Bowser. We can always use the slower parts for grab release combos.

Something like X-Stream would be cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwoOomseGYU

EDIT: If you can't tell I've been playing alot of Guitar Hero lately. :)
I think the OCremix of Lunatic Moon would be nice

http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR01640/

Of course only if everybody else likes it : )
I feel I have to throw at least one song into the mix.
Back Up - 12 Stones
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNnWD0IJ68k

It's not Bowser related but I thought it would make a good song for a combo vid.
this seems fitting to bowser's firey nature

we can have firebreath at the chorus :p

In all seriousness....Ive been picking up bowser latley, if someone has recordable stuff, i could be used for combo fodder/bowser stock footage
ay yo. I'm liking this idea alot. I have replays but i guess you would have to see how i play. Ill try to upload something over the weekend or during this week on my utube account (fdotn). Im not trying to brag but i got some unique stuff. I also have a song that you could use, but i only like part of it...lol.
http://www.imeem.com/people/8vIblkd...i-super-mario-bros-bowser-is-pissed-oc-remix/

how good do you have to be? (Around Vex Kasrani, Sliq, MrEh, Phiddlesticks levels?) I would like to verse them to find out where i rank but thats probably not gonna happen. rofl
How about this song for teh lulz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAI8FNddIlk

EDIT:sorry for the double post
Speaking of credits music (these suggestions are all chill out, relaxing songs):

Joshua Morse - Samurai Discotheque (OC Remix)
- I am absolutely in love with the bass in this song. It is so funky. It's a remix of the "Can't go home again, baby" song from Ragnarök Online.

Audix & Tweek - Day's End (OC Remix) - This is a remix of the end credits theme from Mario Kart 64. Honestly, this song is amazing. I love it so much. Even if you don't normally like relaxing music, or if you just plain don't care about what the credits music should be, you should check out this song.

Blue Magic - New Beginnings (OC Remix) - It's a remix of the Deep Jungle theme from Kingdom Hearts. This is another one of those songs that I think everyone should listen to, even if they like played Kingdom Hearts and hated it. That said, for some reason most people I talk to who have heard of OC Remix have already heard this song, which makes it sound almost cliché to me for credits music :x

Only 3 suggestions this time, because all of my other possible suggestions are from games that have character representation in brawl (and let's face it, hearing the Stickerbrush Symphony song or something in a Bowser video would just be plain weird, even if it is just the credits)
~NEW!~
Finally some name suggestions. Cast your vote or suggest one today! :D

• Krazy Koopa: A Bowser Boards Combo Video
  • Shell Shock: A Bowser Boards Combo Video (1)
  • Metagame On Fire: A Bowser Boards Combo Video (1)
  • **** Mario: A Bowser Boards Combo Video
  • Boozer Ugly: A Bowser Boards Combo Video
  • This is Bowser's Castle: A Bowser Boards Combo Video
  • Ph33r t3h f13r: A Bowser Boards Combo Video
  • This is a Bowser Video. It is full of a menagerie of clips of skilled players using Bowser.(3)
  • Fire and Brimstone: A Bowser Boards Combo Video
  • Invasion of the Mushroom Kingdom/Brawl: A Bowser Boards Combo Video
  • Hard Shell: A Bowser Boards Combo Video
  • Proving Bowser's Speed: A Bowser Boards Combo Video
  • Wreaking Chaos and Destruction: A Bowser Boards Combo Video
  • What's A Combo?: A Bowser Boards Combo Video <-Mine. :3

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
I have like 9 or 10 replays I could send

Personally, I think a Bowser video isn't complete unless the music has guitars. Here are some songs I suggest:

Sixto Sounds, zircon - Subterranean Kamikaze (OC Remix) - It's a remix of the Sewer Surfin' theme from TMNT IV. I love it.

Sixto Sounds, Theory of Nonexistance - Tant Mieux (OC Remix) - This is a remix of the Unerasable Pain song from Romancing SaGa. It starts off quieter (which could be used as some sort of intro), and then pretty much explodes into rock and synth.

Sixto Sounds, zircon - Nuclear Flash (OC Remix) - Another Sixto/zircon collab. This is a remix of... something... from Megaman 2. Who cares what it's remixing. It's awesome.

Armcannon - Ghostbusters - It's a rock remix of the ghostbusters theme. Pretty ballin

B33J, Cerrax, Sixto Sounds, yodaisbetter - Wanderer on the Offensive (OC Remix) - This is a remix of some song from Shadow of the Colossus (I have never played the game).

Dhsu, Sixto Sounds - The Unholy Wars (OC Remix) - This is a remix of some song from Tales of Phantasia (again, never played the game). It starts off with an awesome piano piece by Dhsu, which I could definitely see being used as an intro of some sorts.

RoeTaka - No Need To Reload (OC Remix) - This is a remix of the Judgement (Stage 1-1) theme from Metal Slug 2.

Strong Bad - Trogdor - Comedy option? I felt compelled to include this in my list.

Honestly, anything Sixto Sounds does could be used in a Bowser video. I just picked out my favourites. I bolded the first 3 because those are the ones I would most like to see used.

Bragi

Smash Apprentice
I'm diggin' the Super Mario World castle theme for the music. I think it should definitely be something Bowser-related, instead of some random tune.

B!squick

Smash Master
I couldn't access some of those songs, Phiddlesticks. :/ And no offense, but I like the song I got from the 'If Bowser was a song...' thread better. The songs you posted (while good, don't get me wrong) made me think of things that didn't have anything to do with Bowser (I'm looking at you Ghostbusters song :O ) also, I'd prefer something a little more heavier.

But that's just me. It's a community vid though, so we'll have to see. :)

Brndn

Smash Apprentice
ay yo. I'm liking this idea alot. I have replays but i guess you would have to see how i play. Ill try to upload something over the weekend or during this week on my utube account (fdotn). Im not trying to brag but i got some unique stuff. I also have a song that you could use, but i only like part of it...lol.
http://www.imeem.com/people/8vIblkd...i-super-mario-bros-bowser-is-pissed-oc-remix/

how good do you have to be? (Around Vex Kasrani, Sliq, MrEh, Phiddlesticks levels?) I would like to verse them to find out where i rank but thats probably not gonna happen. rofl

B!squick

Smash Master
Doesn't matter how good you are as long as it's good footage. I only have those names listed because I know they have awesome footage or can get awesome footage of them.

I was kinda hoping to keep it to people who at least post here on the board every once in a while (why I left out NinjaLink), but there's no reason not to leave out perfectly good video clips simply because they don't show support on a daily basis. :)

I support Phiddlestick's music selection.
They are ballin' enough for my lava combo.
Lava combo? O.o

Also, how come you never got ahold of me about recording my replay? I tried contacting you. :(

B!squick

Smash Master
Ah, well, welcome to Bowser then, I guess.

... Disco Inferno sounds like an awesome idea! :D Burrrrn, baby burn...

Boozer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DevilBoozer
3DS FC
4124-5214-3831
i have a fair few replays, and i'm pretty sure there's at least some cool **** hidden amongst them :p

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
I would be down with Lunatic Moon. The only reason I didn't add it to my list of song suggestions was because I figured everyone would think the slow parts didn't suit Bowser's style :p

Sliq

Smash Master
Hey guys what's going on in this thread? Does anybody want some new videos of me? I haven't played in a while do to school, but I'm going to a tournament this weekend.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
I'll be on the Editing/Direction board if you want, that's something I could definately help with.

Some names I thought of (for the record, I'd recommend saying "A Bowser Community Video" or "A Bowser Community Combo Video" or something after each of these) e.g. Krazy Koopa, A Bowser Community Video:

- Krazy Koopa.
- Shell Shock.
- Metagame On Fire.
- **** Mario. (maybe not lol)
- Boozer Ugly. (gimpyfiiissh)
- This is Bowser's Castle.
- Ph33r t3h f13r. (Roy fanboys'd come a running)

I'll edit with some hopefully less lame ones later.

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
I agree 100% with Gen's name suggestion. Videos with 'witty' names are for squares, bro

Also PMing Vex about sending my replays as soon as I'm done this post so I don't forget again

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
No.

I highly recommend the title:

"This is a Bowser Video. It is full of a menagerie of clips of skilled players using Bowser."
This is very nice.

I had a few ideas myself:
"Fire and Brimstone"
"Invasion of the Mushroom Kingdom/Brawl"
"Hard Shell"
"Proving Bowser's Speed"
"Wreaking Chaos and Destruction"

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I vote for Liquid Gen's name lol

Also, I can try to provide clips playing online... Don't have much more to offer. XP

Top Bottom