• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INNsomnia V Biweeklies - Memphis, TN - Next: Mar 10th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandbox

Smash Cadet
Hey brad, I take it that you finally got the best ending on cave story? If so thats awesome!

As far as i know im good to go to START! Well as long as i can reserve a ride/place to stay.....

BMWfalco

Smash Apprentice
yes skye and tree are brothers. yeah those matches i put up of me and lvl9 were pretty sucktastic.

Handorin

Smash Hero
so...

ya basically we go to the Liberty Bowel...thought we sucked and did horrible....

and we turn out to be Grand Champions, so our whole show will be shown on TV sometime.

P.S. Back when we beat Munford at Briarcrest, their director covered "Champions" where it says "Home of the Champions" on their floor and said if they lose to us again he will paint over the whole thing. well... they might have to stay out of their room for awhile...

P.P.S. I like our pretty glass trophy.

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
yes skye and tree are brothers. yeah those matches i put up of me and lvl9 were pretty sucktastic.
Great! I suggest next bi-weekly we have a brothers vs. brothers match, if time allows. Think they would be up for it?

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
So I'm hanging out at INN4, and there's this psychic midwest Falcon:
Darkrain. "The Mind Reader."
*tech* Grab! *tech left* Grab! *don't tech* KNEE!!!
So, if he can see everything, can he see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch?
Dark: Because it has Falcon... CRUNCH?!?
Get a clue, bird brain!
It's the cinnamon sugar swirls in every bite!

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Get a clue, bird brain!
Bwahahahhaahahhahaha!!!

Nite

Smash Champion
Get a clue, bird brain!
That was funny, but Darkrain's mindreading skills are over 9000!!!!

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Pfft Darkrain isnt so.... *CF Knees Ganon in the face*
AHHHHHHHHH!!!! *before he fly off the screen he receives another Knee to the face*
*poofs*

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Mmmk. Changing this post entirely from something pointless to something not so pointless.

I talked to GAWes today, and he showed me the GA Power Ranking Thread.

So I got to thinking and, well, what do you guys think. Should there be an AR thread, a TN thread, and a MS thread, or should we combine it to be the "Tri-State" power rankings.

I'm interested in setting something up. I think it will encourage practice and get some of the people in the areas to maybe come out of hiding.

Discuss. :)

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
I don't know if there are enough people in each single area to warrant seperate rankings. I say we join them together. We'd be like the big happy family we are. Strength through Unity, Unity through Mario...isn't that how it goes.

Nite-*slo-mo voice*O..v..e..r..9..0..0..0..!

Nite

Smash Champion
Yea, I think Tri-state would be the best way to do it because there aren't that many people in all of the states alone.

I checked out the GA power rankings thread. It's seem like a good idea. They only have a top 10 though.

What do you guys think, should we have a top 10 or a top 15? Who shall be the panelists and should they be nominated or not? Just a few questions to start us off.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
well ive been wanting to do it since i saw the Socal power ranking (top 25 really) Tri-States would be cool but think about it. We could also get the KY smashers, NC smashers, and the SC smashers involved in this. ive been talking to the KY smashers and some of them were thinking of participating in my tourney on NOV25th. so are some of the NC smashers. seeing as how GA is a much bigger smash state they get there own smash power rankings but we should have alot of the connected states to TN>>> NC SC AL AR and KY make it top 25 like Socal with 2 from each state. thats my vote

*edit* as for panelists in our state. I know the first one should be Zane. seeing as though he is the only tourney holder (a big tourney at that). and well not to be biased but i think i would be a good panelist for our state seeing as though im aspiring to make our great state a great state for smash!

Nite

Smash Champion
I don't know about all those states in one though. The TN people don't know much about NC, SC, and KY smashers, so it might make it hard to compile a list if we haven't seen these guys play or see how they place in tournaments.

Zane is a good choice for a panelist though, without a doubt.

The Mad Hatter

Smash Ace
For a tri-state I think it should be a top 20 at least. How would you make the list? Have one tournament in each state, or just one mass tourney? But yeah Im down with whatever. Just my 2 cents.

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
I think that a tri-state would be a nice idea instead of the single states, there is definately not enough people in Arkansas to make it's own power ranking system, nor a lot of tournies that go on there as well (One coming up Dec. 2nd.) It would be better to have a tri-state because TN has a lot of smashers, I don't know what the other state should be it should either be AL or MS, though I like Alabama cause of Moogle. :) How exactly does the power ranking system go? I tried to look for something that shows how it works but I couldn't find anything. Is it like a point system or something?

CCCP

Smash Journeyman
WHOA! Moogle has entered the fray! Multi state is good, be it tri or quad (as requested by the President). Panelists should be unbiased, know who's who, and Zane shoud get automatic panelistship (is that a word?! Ah well..).

Saber- I think it's a point system based on average wins and things such as this.

*edit* STFU has a new banner! ^^ It looks better than the large shirt-size, lol

chamberlin

Smash Ace
Yeah, we can thank Lvl9 for the making of the new banner, and Seif for shrinking it down. :)

Chad- I finally played Cave Story yesterday, and it was awesome! I need to play it again sometime to get a better ending though...

CCCP

Smash Journeyman
Chamber, or anyone else in STFU- Ok, so I know how DML got it's name, Milk and Cookies, too. How did Team STFU get it's name? I mean...I don't think I've ever heard any of you guys tell anyone to "shut the fvck up," so where'd it come from?

*EDIT!* 100 posts, muthafvckaaaaa! Lemme go wear my skeen shoes! *dancedance* :ness:

-Chad-

Slackerator
I think that a tri-state would be a nice idea instead of the single states, there is definately not enough people in Arkansas to make it's own power ranking system, nor a lot of tournies that go on there as well (One coming up Dec. 2nd.) It would be better to have a tri-state because TN has a lot of smashers, I don't know what the other state should be it should either be AL or MS, though I like Alabama cause of Moogle. :) How exactly does the power ranking system go? I tried to look for something that shows how it works but I couldn't find anything. Is it like a point system or something?
Me and Myz are from MS =/. I think the power ranking thing is just based on how you do in tournaments, it's not like a point system. A group of panelists meet and decide who goes in what place using how well someone did or didn't do. (I think this is how it goes anyway)

Chad- I finally played Cave Story yesterday, and it was awesome! I need to play it again sometime to get a better ending though...
Haha cool, now most everyone know where my avatar comes from..(as well as the sig)

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
Me and Myz are from MS =/. I think the power ranking thing is just based on how you do in tournaments, it's not like a point system. A group of panelists meet and decide who goes in what place using how well someone did or didn't do. (I think this is how it goes anyway)
Oops my bad, I didn't know you and Myz were from MS lol, I thought you lived in TN. :laugh:
Then I think it should be AR, TN, MS + Moogle lol.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
I don't know if we should go all the way to KY/Carolinas... that starts getting other regions involved, but good thinking about them :)

I'm thinking we could go:

AR - Me and Chamberlin
TN - Nite and KO (or Aura?)
MS - Chad and Mookie
AL - Thief and Moogle

Ranks could be awarded based on tournament appearances and placement, rate of improvement (or lack thereof)

Edit:
And being 4 states we could do top 20, that would give a possible 5 per state (since we're all awesome, etc. :))

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
I remember a certain point system us Innsomniacs were discussing way back when that may help in the judgement of the Power Rankings. I say that We combine the states that are close by us(TN, MS, AR, AL). That makes it easier to manage, not to mention that there are maybe five smashers in Moogle-country so it wouldnt be too much to add them in. Whoever is the judge needs to be devoid of connections to certain people, making Zane a good choice. Even though he knows and chills with all of us he is not partial to any single person making his judgement worthy of acceptance. As for the other members of the board I have no clue. Maybe we could do a secret ballot to see who moves and what not. Though that may be too partial because people with grudges may not vote for someone depsite their good winnings. This is getting complicated...Such the life of Smashers.

*edit*
I think we should reserve judgement and ranking until it has actually been decided. Because I few of the people on there are not a frequent as others while i know some people that place higher then alot of the people listed. But I guess there are still about 12 spots to fill also.

Nite

Smash Champion
I don't know if we should go all the way to KY/Carolinas... that starts getting other regions involved, but good thinking about them :)

I'm thinking we could go:

AR - Me and Chamberlin
TN - Nite and KO (or Aura?)
MS - Chad and Mookie
AL - Thief and Moogle

Ranks could be awarded based on tournament appearances and placement, rate of improvement (or lack thereof)

Edit:
And being 4 states we could do top 20, that would give a possible 5 per state (since we're all awesome, etc. :))
That sounds good man, 4 states looks nice. 2 panelists from each state is perfect.

I think we should do it like this.
Some examples

Brandon - Nite - Falco/Fox - TN
Clay - Chamberlin - Fox/???? - AR
Chad - -Chad- - Pikachu/???? - MS
Andy - Moogle - Sheik/Jigglypuff - AL

And so forth as we go down the list, just like the GA people did it, but I'm not sure about the potential people list. That would be a big list.

Tell me what you guys think.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Also, for a panel idea.
Head panelist. (Zane? >_>)
2 panelist from each state, maybe ones not nesicarily that will be on the rankings.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
*edit*
I think we should reserve judgement and ranking until it has actually been decided. Because I few of the people on there are not a frequent as others while i know some people that place higher then alot of the people listed. But I guess there are still about 12 spots to fill also.
Sorry, I shoud've clearified. That was my list of panelists, not the top 8 or something. Sorry.

Once we get some ideas solid, I'll make a new post with all the guidelines, and stuff to make it less confusing :)

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
Well I think we should take more time to decide panelists(not that I have anything against any of those mentioned) to insure that they will be good at it without suggesting certain, like crew members. I guess no matter who is on it you'll still have some people claiming a conspiracy over the results. It can't be escaped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom