• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Squid Inkopolis Plaza – Squid Social

Inklings for Smash?

• Total voters

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I'd really like the Kraken be the Final Smash but, I'd also be happy with the Inkstrike or the Killer Wail.

As for other costumes: The Agent 3 outfit would probably be in already but if not it should be. Maybe even the Grizzco uniform would be kind of cool.

D

Deleted member

So glad Inklings got in. It was only a matter of time going to be great to play as them.

Morbi

Scavenger
The Inklings are probably going to be sick. I always wanted them just because of their zoner heavy play-style and costume potential. Not many characters in Smash are like that. Many have ranged elements, but I have a feeling these guys will be completely dedicated to it. Hopefully the sniper makes it into the game, probably as a smash, potentially as a special.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
December 1st 2014, half a year before Splatoon came out:
N3ON said:
Whichever Inkling takes the spotlight on the game's cover will be the one that's the default in Smash. Callin' in.

May 10th 2015, two weeks before Splatoon came out:
N3ON said:
And they might be popular now, but the next game is still going to need some big draws as well, and since they're likely going to play the whole recency game again, Inkling is better off being a headliner of Smash 5 than a bonus for Smash 4. Maybe not for us, but for Nintendo.

September 25th 2015, when people convinced Inklings would be DLC was reaching a fever pitch:
N3ON said:
I agree Inklings have a bigger audience and would be a bigger draw than Isaac nowadays. But that's not a reason they should inherently get in over him right now. A character like Inklings are so big... yet so recent that they're better off being saved.

Isaac makes more sense as DLC because Inklings make more sense as the Villager/Wario of the next game, aka, the big Nintendo newcomer used extensively to promote the game. I would be very surprised if Nintendo didn't have the foresight to see that.

Disregarding the current situation, just in general but especially with Smash's newfound bent on promoting the recent, Inkling is the better choice. Clearly. However the current situation and the potential future of the series is nothing to ignore either.

March 30 2017, a year ago, in this very thread:
N3ON said:
Obviously they could've added them if they wanted for the DLC, but if you've got an ace in the hole wait til it's most advantageous to play it; saving the Inklings until they can headline a game is better use of the character than pushing them out as tail-end DLC.

WITNESS ME

And that's all the self-congratulating I'll do for now. :pEmbarrass

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
Assuming this isn't a smash port to prove me horribly wrong, I'm guessing the inclusion of Inklings had to wait for a new smash, so the engine could be built/altered to have stages covered in ink.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how the inklings play, they should be a really unique and interesting playstyle.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
December 1st 2014, half a year before Splatoon came out:

May 10th 2015, two weeks before Splatoon came out:

September 25th 2015, when people convinced Inklings would be DLC was reaching a fever pitch:

March 30 2017, a year ago, in this very thread:

WITNESS ME

And that's all the self-congratulating I'll do for now. :pEmbarrass
You strategist you

KingDoop

Smash Cadet
what I'm wondering most about is the actual properties of the ink. Is it permanent? Can your opponent get rid of it or does it disappear over time? Is there a limit to how much stage you can cover? Like could we cover all of Hyrule Temple with ink or is there only so much the game will let you?

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
N3ON N3ON I love you.

That was simply amazing! You knew, and it was quite logical, I admit, but you deserve the credit for what you said even before the franchise, with the full prediction. Great job!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
That didn't take long

PF9

Smash Lord
Splatoon as a franchise could be a big moneymaker for DreamWorks Animation. Not only could each individual game be adapted as a movie but there could be a spinoff TV series too like many other DreamWorks movies.

D

Deleted member

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo tweeted that out just for kicks. Personally I want it to be a new game but I wouldn't be opposed to a port. Ether way I'm happy and can't wait till our first batch of news. Masahiro Sakurai you know how to keep us excited!

As for how our beloved squid kids I think they'd be long ranged fighters like using the shooter or charger weapons but can get physical with rollers.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I’m so happy the Inklings made it in, even if I had little doubt that they wouldn’t. They were always the most likely inclusion in my mind, but just the confirmation right off the bat of a Smash for Switch announcement is very exciting. I play Splatoon 2 so much; it’s one of my favorite games, so I’ll definitely be playing the Inklings a lot as soon as Smash releases on the Switch.

So obviously the Splat Bomb is going to be one of their attacks (probably a special). What other sub weapons do you guys think will be included in their arsenal? And do you think even more could be included in their custom moves if those were to make a return in this iteration of Smash? I’d like to maybe see Auto Bombs, Burst Bombs, and Sprinklers perhaps. And I wonder what their Final Smash will be. Probably one of the specials in Splatoon 1 or 2, but which one?

Overlord Midna

Smash Rookie
Super happy the Inklings made it, can't wait to main them,(even if they're bottom tier lmao) just cuz of how much I love their games, here's to the next few years of Smash :4sonic:

So do you think this is primarilly going to be splatoon 1 based, or do you think we're getting plenty of splat2 content? I imagine stuff like Pearl and Marina trophies are likely, but I personally wouldnt be surprised if most of the content, like moves and stages come from splatoon 1. At the very least, I dont think we're going to see splatoon 2 boy/girl inklings.

How about you?
:061:

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
So do you think this is primarilly going to be splatoon 1 based, or do you think we're getting plenty of splat2 content? I imagine stuff like Pearl and Marina trophies are likely, but I personally wouldnt be surprised if most of the content, like moves and stages come from splatoon 1. At the very least, I dont think we're going to see splatoon 2 boy/girl inklings.

How about you?
:061:
Leaning more towards S1 stuff because the trailer was a mock of the first Splatoon trailer, had Splatoon 1's colors, weapons, and hairstyles. Plus development probably started before S2 was finished, so I'm assuming everything (outside of a few trophies) will be S1 inspired. Just my guess anyway.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
I seriously doubt everything will be based on the original Splatoon. I fully expect to see the two Splatoon 2 cover Inklings as alternate costumes.

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
Just give me a dual-wielding Inkling and I can live out my Dante fantasy with dodge-roll gunshots everywhere. That feature alone got me interested in Splatoon. I would also like a color editor of sort so we can pick our own ink color. I want purple.

D

Deleted member

Considering the trailer and look yeah it'll mostly be based off Splatoon 2.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just give me a dual-wielding Inkling and I can live out my Dante fantasy with dodge-roll gunshots everywhere. That feature alone got me interested in Splatoon. I would also like a color editor of sort so we can pick our own ink color. I want purple.
Or, hear me out, we could get Dante in Smash Bros.! (hey, it's a long shot, but I'd be excited)
Considering the trailer and look yeah it'll mostly be based off Splatoon 2.
What makes you say that? Everything in there seemed to be based on Splatoon 1.

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
I never played a Devil May Cry game but that is what came to mind. I have though, played Bayonetta 1 and 2. As for the inklings getting their Splatoon 2 designs as alts it may happen. Seeing as how Wario has his classic and Warioware, Little Mac has multiple of his various appearances (default, jacket, wireframe, and blond hair as a Super Punch-Out reference).Bayonetta with her two outfits, and Mario sporting his Wrecking Crew outfit (some call it USA Mario).

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Inkling (obvious) Thoughts

1. Limited amount of ink in guns. B shoots ink, can be aimed. Ink refills over time pretty quickly.

2. Covering the stage in ink allows an inkling to swim in squid mode
• Can swim quickly; much faster than run
• Has a different dash attack
• Can leap high out of the ink
• Can swim up walls

3. Forward Smash or down tilt is the paint roller. Can cover the floor with ink.
4. Splat bomb special can help cover stage in ink
5. Ink slows down either opponent's movements slightly or their dodge rolls

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I said I'd surely return when the next Smash was revealed. So I am back! *cricket sounds*

So glad Inklings are in. I am not surprised in any way and I instantly knew it was a Smash trailer, but the hype was still real, haha.

Really excited to see how they will play. I have made a full moveset but I expect Sakurai to be too creative for it to hold up.

I do fully expect the (probably) 8 alts to be the Splatoon 1 Boy and Girl, Splatoon 2 Boy and Girl, and the 4 hosts, all as one, since they are all the basically the same in body shape (Pearl might have to tip-toe).

DGAMER

Smash Apprentice
Would like to give thoughts on Inklings in Smash

1. The moveset potential is through the roof with Inklings. A lot of weapons, and ideas. They probably will be projectile based, with ink laying as a mechanic. Specials Prediction

NSpec-Splattershot
SSpec- Splat Bomb
USpec- Squid Jump
DSpec- Ink Mine/Sprinkler IMO

2. Can't wait for the Splatoon remixes. Wonder where their focus on the soundtracks would be.

3. Costume Alts are Splatoon 1 Base Models (4 colors, repping the 4 player aspect) Splatoon 2 Base Models, and the Octoling models. Other Splatoon Characters would be trophies, I can't see any assist trophies.

Smash Season is back. I can't wait to see who is next.

Cazzone

Smash Cadet
Ok guys let’s settle this

Do you think Inkling will have the Octo model as an alt?

D

Deleted member

I'm really excited for Inklings, but I still don't know how they'll be balanced. I can't imagine any Inkling moveset without a ton of moves that spread ink (including ranged attacks), and the ink would provide some sort combination of buffs and/or debuffs... the stage control is going to be through the roof with these squid kids. I feel like they'll dominate based on that alone.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Know what we need? Playable Andross (Bowser-sized with those two big hands). Why bring it up here? Because Octavio could totally be a easy-to-make close from him. :p

Anyways, I honestly do not think there will be a Octoling alt for the Inkling, Marina aside. I think the main two boys and two girls, and 4 hosts, will be it. No real reason for it, just a gut feeling.

... the Inklings better not be able to do squid bagging. -w-

Staarih

Smash Master
I have no idea if (or how) they'll implement an idea of splatting ink across the stages with so many to pick from, seems kinda extreme. While an essential part of Splatoon, I'm thinking Smash might simplify it a bit by using ink for attacks, but having to refill the tank with a move (like down + B) instead of being in ink. But what do I know, kudos to them if they make it work somehow.

I don't think the Squid Sisters and/or Off the Hook will be alts, they're pretty distinguished characters and don't really fit the Inkling style (we've never seem them actually "in action" either). As of now, I see the hosts as Assist Trophies or stage elements (having a SplatFest themed concert in the background or something). Maybe they'll be playable down the line, who knows.

Ok guys let’s settle this

Do you think Inkling will have the Octo model as an alt?
I don't think the Octoling will be an alt, at least from the get go. If the Octolings begin to really find their place in the Splatoon franchise after the DLC is out, then they could be an alt or a separate character all together.

Last edited:

WiFi

Smash Journeyman
Just putting in my own two cents, but I think that the Inklings are going to be a stage control character, especially if Sakurai makes them close to their games. Neutral Attack, Forward Aerial, and Neutral Aerial will be like Megaman's, but with the Inkling, the Ink gets spread onto the floor of the stage. This Ink, if the Inklings are going to be OP, would most likely slow the enemy, while the Inkling, upon contact with the Ink, would automatically go into Squid form, which would have a massive speed boost in the Ink and would have a low-base knockback, long lasting dash attack that it could use to set up for combos. If the Inkling isn't going to be overpowered, then there shouldn't be a slowing affect by walking on the Ink. Perhaps by walking on the Ink and then walking to another area, the opponents spread the Ink for the Inkling. Just some thoughts I had when thinking about how they are going to play in Smash.

Edit: Possible Diddy counter? Stage control vs Stage Control, but its too hard to tell when we haven't even seen gameplay of the Inklings.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Know what we need? Playable Andross (Bowser-sized with those two big hands). Why bring it up here? Because Octavio could totally be a easy-to-make close from him. :p

Anyways, I honestly do not think there will be a Octoling alt for the Inkling, Marina aside. I think the main two boys and two girls, and 4 hosts, will be it. No real reason for it, just a gut feeling.

... the Inklings better not be able to do squid bagging. -w-
Honestly, I HEAVILY prefer having the hosts as costumes. Especially Marina. So that would be no problem... at all.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Honestly, I HEAVILY prefer having the hosts as costumes. Especially Marina. So that would be no problem... at all.
Maybe I read what you said wrong, but I meant Marina and the other hosts would of course be costumes, together with the main boys and girl inklings of the two games. ^^ I just do not think the'll include the playable Octoling as a alt costume. Though I doubt there'd be a problem doing that, but yeah.

Also, would be awesome if they included a costomazation Option for some characters, like Inklings, Villagers, and so on. Doubt that would happen but still.

Also, if they keep 8-Player Smash, there will totally be Event Matches that works JUST like in Turf War in the actual game.

Morbi

Scavenger
Maybe I read what you said wrong, but I meant Marina and the other hosts would of course be costumes, together with the main boys and girl inklings of the two games. ^^ I just do not think the'll include the playable Octoling as a alt costume. Though I doubt there'd be a problem doing that, but yeah.

Also, would be awesome if they included a costomazation Option for some characters, like Inklings, Villagers, and so on. Doubt that would happen but still.

Also, if they keep 8-Player Smash, there will totally be Event Matches that works JUST like in Turf War in the actual game.
Yes, that is what would get me excited. I want the hosts as costumes, but I do not feel as though it is entirely likely. So I would love it if your idea happened. I would rather play as Marina than a generic Inkling.

DreeGon

Smash Rookie
NNID
DKSonicFan12
ATTENTION : This is a OLD AS **** post originally from Facebook, so I am going to keep on updating it, if I get new ideas
:)

Inkling moveset idea : by DreeGon
inklings........oh inklings. i have always wanted these guys in the game the second i played splatoon. they have so much potential. today i am going to show you my ideas for their moveset.

Jab / Tilt's / Neutral Air + Directional Neutral Air :
To get started, this is how I would make the Inklings feel JUST LIKE they do in Splatoon. You see, Splatoon is a 3rd person shooter, where you can AIM. How in the hell would you make this work in smash? Well, lemme tell ya. Like you can see above, this section is for A BUNCH of moves. Mega Man has a mechanic, were that like in his games, you can walk and shoot, and also jump, because jab, side tilt, and neutral air all are the same move. Let's take it one step further. With inklings, you can do just like mega man, just with the splattershot instead of pellets. HOWEVER, up tilt and down tilt are also the splattershot, and in fact, if you change direction WHILE shooting, instead of instantly changing direction, you will quickly move from one angle, to another, ALLOWING INKLINGS TO AIM! "But the Inklings can also aim in the air in splatoon" I hear you say.....WELL. if you hold a while jumping, you will keep shooting of course, but, if you then decide you wanna aim down, you simply slide your analog down while holding a. This will allow Inklings to really use their mobillity to home in on their opponents. Now if you press a direction before a, you will just do a arial in that direction, so the key is to keep holding a, or press a, then move the analog. With this, it will allow the Inklings to shoot, jump and shoot, aim down right before they hit the ground, cover the ground in ink, turn into squid mode, and keep the momentum going. THIS WOULD WORK SO WELL WITH THE INKLINGS! However to balance it out, the ink fired from the splattershot should only deal 1% and minimal knockback, considering how much mobillity they would have.

Now it is time to explain two of the most important mechanics with the Inklings: Squid mode, and Ink.

Squid Mode :
So how do you turn into a squid? Simple, you crouch. By crouching and crawling, you will be ableto move around as a squid. Most excting however, is the abillity to swim in your ink. I will explain how this works later on. Something to note, is that you can cancel out of and into squid form INSTANTLY if you are using/triggering the splattershot. This means all tilts, jab, neutral air, and directional neutral air. You can also cancel out of and into squid mode itself though. You know what this means don't you? SQUID BAGGING! It is a cool detail from splatoon, so I think it would be funny if you could squid bag with the right execution.

lnk :
this is the inkling´s main mechanic. Ink is essentiall for the inkling to use, since it fills up their ink tank. the ink tank is the main obstacle for the inkling. as you use your moves the ink tank on the back of the inkling and the ink tank meter beside the inkling´s procent will go down. it will take some time before you run out of ink, but eventually you will. when that happens you can't use any moves that contain ink, and those moves that are melee based, will be weaker, and have less knockback. Now you may be wondering.......how do I fill up the tank ? by swimming in your puddle of ink. the puddle of ink will always be on the stage unless you lose all of your stocks and there is more than one player alive. When there is too much ink on the ground, and you spread new ink, the oldest ink will chronologically disapear. there is a ink puddle located from the start from where you spawn. in fact the entrance animation for the inkling is the inkling spawing in the ink puddle like when they spawn on the spawn pad in splatoon. this ink puddle is the maximum amount of ink you can have on the ground, and so when for the first time in that game spread ink, the entire puddle will disapear. You swim in the ink by crouching / turning into a squid and then crawling. when you swim in your ink you will notice that you go way faster than walking in your ink, just like in splatoon. while swimming in ink your opponent cant see you. the only thing that they can see is the lines behind you when you swim. but just like in splatoon tilting the analog stick ever so slighty makes the lines disapear. you can do any move out of the ink puddle, so it's important to fully utilize your ink. When opponents walk in ink, their walk and dash speed will be slowed down a little bit. to avoid the ink puddle being too over powered the opponent can't get stuck in the ink unlike in splatoon. however you do have advantage when they are in your ink. when you swim out of your ink you will notice that you slide a bit. this can be used to dash into your ink then charge a smash attack, and then while you slide out of your ink, you will be able to slide into a smash attack. So as you obviously can tell, the ink puddle is a good mechanic, that defines what kind of character the inklings would be in smash.

Dash Attack :
their dash attack is them using the splat roller. as you run they pull it out slaming it to the ground and then quickly dashes foward with it. this move has 2 faces. the slam , and the dash. if you hit the opponent from the front, the slams hitbox will throw the opponent in front of you right before you hit them with the dash. but if the opponent tries to approach from above, the slam will hit them. the dashes hitbox is right in front and on top of the rollers roll. because that the move dashes you with extra speed foward its good for spacing and even just zoning.

now for their smash attacks.

Foward Smash :
foward smash is them taking out the charger and charging it. like the charger the more you charge the smash attack the stronger and furher the blast will be. the blasts range is not too wide, however the damage and knock back is really good.

Down Smash :
down smash is them smashing the inkbrush first in front of them then behind them. the first hit automaticly pulls the opponent behind you for your second hit just like toon link´s down smash. the hitbox is at the ground and goes pretty far but not too far.

Up Smash :
their up smash is them pulling out the L-3 nozzle nose and firing 2 quick but powerfull bursts up in the air while ducking. the range is pretty far and the knock back too, however the second burst sends the opponent to the side that they aproached from. the hit box is like marth´s up smash, where that you have to stand right by them or get hit by one of the 2 bursts or both.

now for their arial attacks.

Foward Air :
foward air is them pulling out the blaster and shooting a burst in front of them that explodes at inpact. if it dosent hit anything it will also explode. the range of this burst is pretty far and the burst is really powerfull and deals good knockback. the hitbox is huge since that it explodes. this makes foward air a really good kill move.

Down Air :
down air is in squid form. they use their tentacles to slap the opponent. there are 2 slaps and the 2nd hit is meteor smash. the meteor effect isnt to big but at about 90 % it has a chance of spiking. at low % is just sends them downwards in a meteor smash.

Back Air :
back air is them pulling out the slosher and sending a blast of ink behind them. like in splatoon the burst is more like a puddle. Back Air will autocancle if shorthoped and buffered, giving it good combo potential.

Up Air :
up air is them pulling out the .52 gal and shooting 3 powerfull bursts. the hitbox isnt huge but its ok. the knockback and damage on the otherside makes this move a really good kill move.

now for the exiting part......the special attacks!

Neutral Special :
Their neutral special, is the splat bomb. the longer you hold it the farther the bomb will be launched. you can angle it so its a good tool if you play on a stage with many platforms. the splat bomb will explode after some time. just like in splatoon you can tell when its going to explode by listening to the noice it makes, and looking at the flashes before it BURSTS.

Side Special :
This is the splash wall. the splash wall is a reflector similar to palutena´s. its up for a longer time though and its not as big. it also takes longer time to pull out. as in splatoon the best way to use this is as a shield. after some time it will disapear. you can tell when its going to disapear by looking at the ink tank in the middle of it. you can also damage it to make it disapear. When put down, it lasts for about 5 seconds. If you hit it with one of the strongest projectiles in the game after 1 second since it's put down, it will take the hit and reflect it, but disapear 1 second after, but if you hit it 2 seconds after released with the same move, the splash wall will dispear, and not block the attack.

Down Special :
down special is the ink mine. it takes a little time to put down, but once down anything that comes inside of its range will make it go off with a explosion. you cant activate it like you could with snake´s mine. you can see the range when the inkling puts it down. there will be a line in the same color as the inkling´s ink that will indicate its range.

Up Special :
up special is the super jump. it works like diddy kong´s up special execpt the fact that you can only angle it at launch and not when you are in the super jump. if you hit your opponent as you launch, it will deal knockback and damage in the direction you're blasting off in.

now before we talk about their final smash and taunts lets get two basics out of the way.

first up, grabs. for their grabs, they use the splattershot.

Pummel :
their pummel is really simple. they hit the opponent with the shaft of the splattershot.

Foward Throw :
for foward throw they throw their opponent down into the ground, and as they bounce back up, they fire three quick bursts of ink that launches the opponent foward and a little bit up.

Down Throw :
for down throw, the inkling transforms into a squid and slams the opponent down in the ground by using the squid´s tentacles. this is obviously a combo throw, that launches the opponent up and in front of you.

Back Throw :
for back throw, they throw the opponent behind them and shoots two quick bursts of ink, kinda like fox´s back throw. this is a kill throw at about 140%.

Up Throw :
for up throw the inkling transforms into a squid, and holds the opponent with its tentacles, and then launches up in the sky like kirby´s and charrizard´s up throw, and then slams them into the ground launching them up and a bit in front of them. this can be used as a kill throw at really high %. to be exact it would be about 180%.

now for some basic stuff.

Shield :
their shield is the bubbler. it works and functions just like the normal shield, except that the shield looks like the bubbler and is in the same color as the inklings ink color.

Spot Dodge :
their spot dodge is simple, it's just them dodging to the side like any other character. It could also be them turning into a squid, but I think it would look a bit awkward

Roll :
For the roll I got a pretty cool idea. You could use the animation that occours when you roll with the dualies in splatoon 2, BUT GET THIS, what if you could keep holding a direction, and roll up to 2 times like in Splatoon 2! To balance this, the second roll would force you to stay where you are until the ending lag is over, so it is a high risk decision, but can grant you more stage control, making it a tactical abillity.

now.......lets get to their final smash. just like ryu the inkling has 2 final smashes. one where they stand up / is in the air ect. the other while they are crouching.

Standard Final Smash :
the standard final smash is the ink zooka. they rip out the ink zooka and gets ready to fire some ink tornados at their opponent. the tornados are pretty big and deal alot of damage as well as knock back. and since its a tornado, when caught in it you twirl around in it for a little time then get launched.

Crouch Final Smash :
the crouching final smash is them going from squid to krakken. the krakken functions just like in splatoon. jump to drill through the air and deal damage and knockback to your opponent.

now the taunts.

Down Taunt :
down taunt is them pulling out the splattershot and celebrating by doing the male inkling shooter type winning animation from splatoon.

Side Taunt :
their side taunt is them turning into squid mode and swimming in circles.

Up Taunt :
their up taunt is the exact same as the up command from splatoon. WOOMY

Idle Animation :
their idle animation is them looking around as seen in the lobby in splatoon.

now i wanna explain something quite enteresting. the ability to transform into a squid is done by simply crouching as you know, however fast falling also transforms you into a squid IN FACT while you hold down the analog stick you'r e always a squid. this means you can jump as a squid and even squid bag by quickly tapping the analog stick down and then release and then continue the process. if you are in the air, you can even avoid projectiles by transforming into a squid.

now for the winning screen.

Winning Screen Music :
i have a couple of ideas for this like, the winning screen music online from splatoon, a shortended version of the main theme, a shortended version and more instrumental version of the squid sisters theme. but the one i choose is the winning screen music from splatoon´s single player campaing, that you hear when you capture a zap fish / beat a stage.

Victory poses :
I only got a couple of ideas, but I'm sure nintendo would make something awesome for their winning screen animations either way. The first idea is them comming up from a puddle of ink with the camera in the back, then the inkling aiming in different directions, before aiming at the camera with a smirk on their face. another idea could be them dancing like in inkopolis in splatoon 1. And the rest is up to nintendo, cause that was all i got
:v

Clapping / Lossing Animation :
for their clapping anitmation it would be fun to see the roller lossing animation, where they shook their head.

Skins :
the inklings would have 16 skins just like little mac. of course there would be a female and a male inkling. each skin would have diferent outfit and skin color. 8 skins for female and 8 skins for male. Would be cool if 2 of the skins could be a octoling boy and girl, from the OCTOEXPANSION DLC.

So that was my Inkling moveset idea. Sakurai already made a moveset most likely, but I was thinking of sending it to him somehow, but let's just hope he get's the same idea as I got, and make one of the most uniqe characters in smash TO THIS DATE

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Or, hear me out, we could get Dante in Smash Bros.! (hey, it's a long shot, but I'd be excited)

What makes you say that? Everything in there seemed to be based on Splatoon 1.
Oops sorry meant to say Splatoon must have typed in 2 by mistake apologies. Also like DreeGon’s moveset idea.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I, for one, welcome our new Woomy overlords.

Knew they'd get in, but first character shown? You'd need a N3ON N3ON -like mind for that!

Top Bottom