• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Initial Grapple Breakout (New Discovery)

Death Hunter52

Smash Cadet
my question is that dose it work after the first grab, like when D3 is chain grabbing mario, or is it only on the first grab where an attack cancels out the grab(this therory seems to contiue to control my thoughts.) but still both ways it will help alot.

???????

Smash Journeyman
Agreed; if this can be used in midair, such as after a grab, then it has some practical applications.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I'm trying to test it right now with zero luck. I have Mario and D3 in front of each other and I hit A on Mario's controller at exactly the same time I hit grab on D3's controller and Mario either gets grabbed or he jabs D3 (which isn't breaking a grab at all since the grab never starts).

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
as we all know if u get hit while having grabbed someone they get out.
This actually isn't the case. Grabs trade hits with regular attacks sometimes, meaning that the person grabbing will get the grab, but they'll take damage from the hit at the same time.

This led some to believe that grabs had super armor, which is not the case.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
That's not a grab tech: that's what happens when momentum carries two players in a grab over a ledge. It auto breaks them apart.

What he's discussing is the possibility of breaking a grab immediately upon grab without a ledge being involved, which I still don't find possible.

Hagar

Smash Cadet
My goodness, I believe I have a stalker. Do you go on others post to simply thrash talk about others post. F***k it man! You really annoying me with your f**king comments. I mean yeah I'm new But that doesn't really say ****. I haven't really seen nor heard anything from you. So in my book your a nobody. Please in the future when you see any of my post DON'T READ IT.

I'm only trying to help out my fellow Mario brothers with some finds that have been discovered. Also you musn't judge a book by it's cover my friend. Iam no noob to this game. I would also advise you to trend lightly if we were to cross in an SSBB tournament.:laugh:
You weren't a noob until this post.

COMMANDLIST

Smash Cadet
You weren't a noob until this post.
Now that I look back on that post, yeah I have to agree myself that it was a bit over the top. Lucky since then I've grown into a more mature state. I know now that I would expect some comments that would seem a little offensive and that I shouldn't let it get to me.

But like I said I've grown and looked over that post now, what's in the past should just stay there. In fact I should send an appology to that guy whom the post was originally intended to.

We all have to pitch in if we're going to make ''Mario the ultimate metagame.'':)

ThatGuy

Smash Master
I tested this with about 7 other people at a weekly with multiple TV's and none of us were able to accomplish this feat once. Please provide video proof or I can't really say that this works at all.

Veggi

Smash Champion
Now that I look back on that post, yeah I have to agree myself that it was a bit over the top. Lucky since then I've grown into a more mature state. I know now that I would expect some comments that would seem a little offensive and that I shouldn't let it get to me.

But like I said I've grown and looked over that post now, what's in the past should just stay there. In fact I should send an appology to that guy whom the post was originally intended to.

We all have to pitch in if we're going to make ''Mario the ultimate metagame.'':)
First person I've ever seen say something like that. :bigthumbu

Also, does this work for chaingrabs? If it does that would be great.

Theftz22

Smash Lord
I have to doubt that this works. If it's as easy as pressing A at the right time, this would have been discovered already and thrown all around smashboards as the answer to every chaingrab and grab infinite.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
If this "Get of Jail Free" card really does exist then we can no longer need those arguments concerning infinite grabs, buuuuuuut, this shouldn't be possible. Wouldn't the jab just be absorbed into the Faux Super Armor?

Tenki

Smash Hero
It definitely does happen though, but the inputs and requirements to do so are still quite unknown.

I'd also like to say that if Sonic fsmashes Olimar at the same time he gets grabbed, Olimar will take damage, Sonic gets grabbed, then Olimar will flinch and release Sonic immediately.

That is all.

Raisinbran10488

Smash Cadet
To the people cheering for the anti IC and DDD chain grabs:

If this is true, i dont really expect this to be too great of a defence vs. the chain grabbers, simply because theyre chain grabs work because they have hold of you before you have fully "recovered" from grab break. Meaning i highly doubt that an A input would do anything at all considering you have zero control over your character until they hit the ground.

If im wrong, then id be equally as happy as the rest of you, but im not getting my hopes up.

Judofyr

Smash Rookie
I've been reading the whole thread now, and this could be great news. Why can't those of you who have managed it upload a video? If it's not only all about the timing, we others might spot the "requirement".

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
I was reading Sirlin's Playing to Win yesterday, and he references Virtua Fighter's grab breaks in one section. I know you can break out of grabs in Soul Calibur, as well. In both games, you just press the grab combination your opponent is using when you get grabbed.

Opeth89

Smash Rookie
This really is the answer to our prayers isn't it?
I got so depressed about the DDD infinite chaingrab because 2 of my 3 mains (DK and Mario)
Get ***** by it. I'll have to practice this before my next tourney.

snadmonkey

Smash Journeyman
I've done this with wolf several times but its always been the same circumstance. This is I hit a to do some type of attack like downsmash or AAA combo. Me and opponent exchange blows, he grabs but takes damage, he then gets moved backwards by the momentum of my attack and it breaks the grab due to the move during grab physic thing. So no this will not stop chaingrabs or grabs while in mid-air. This has been my experience/evidence.

Top Bottom