• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inifinite Jump with Green Shells

Status
Not open for further replies.

drunk3ng0ldfish

Smash Cadet
I searched and found nothing similar to this here, but if there is then close the topic.

GREEN SHELLS!!
I didn't find this, i only tested it.

Certain characters, when holding a green shell and falling, can throw the shell downwards while fastfalling, and do an aerial to pick up the shell WHILE jumping off it, the process can be repeated forever (in most cases) which allows for infinite recovery and air camping.

I just tested this half an hour ago, and i found that:

The characters that can do so are as follows:
Ganondorf
Falco
Fox
Wolf
Captn Falcon
Peach
Sonic
Snake
Ike
Marth
DDD
Charizard
Sheik
Pikachu
Pit
ROB
(Wario and Lucario might be able to do it, as when they fastfall they can bounce off the green shell, but I couldn't get it, the timing might be off.)

If you start the infinite jump before your second jump, it does not cover as much vertical distance.
Snake and Ike have the worst jumps off the shell (they actually lose height)
Falco and ROB (followed by sonic) have by far the best jumps.

Any aerial can be performed to pick up the shell (so for example DDD can use the shell to form a wall of Bairs)

drunk3ng0ldfish

Smash Cadet
it works. i just posted in the Item Standard Play topic already.
Banning the infinite jump would be better than outright banning the green shells though.
The inifnite recovery is easily gimped, and the air camping (which can be done off screen lol) can be considered stalling. the only troublesome thing is the wall of aerials.

I brought this up not because it was new, but because people do not seem to know about it.

REL38

Smash Lord

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
-Infinite Green Shell Jumping (Credit goes to Digimonkey)
It is possible jump infinitely with certain characters using the Green Shell.
Most effective with Peach, you grab a Green shell, jump into the air, and at the upper arc of your jump, Z drop and regrab the shell. If done correctly, Peach will get boosted into the air, and regrab the item. You can do this repeatedly at the top of each 'jump'.
Some character's won't gain any vertical distance, some will stall at the same height, and some cannot do this at all.
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH4zf1elLZ8
Yeah, it's been known for a while.
Pretty kewl though.

:056:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom