• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Infinite Running

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
Messing around with that "slow run" thing on Eldin Bridge, I discovered this:

http://rapidshare.com/files/117318536/infiniterun.gif

lols, over 7mb of gif, sorry :ohwell:

Anyway, just do a slow run and you won't fall off the edge. Simple as that.

Makes instant edgehog a bit easier [and funnier] (just press diagonal down away from the stage and then diagonal up towards the stage) and seems to work with any character as well.

Have fun.

Nicole

Smash Champion
this has nothing to do with your message (because my computer is too slow, old, and stupid to use rapidshare), but you are awesome! i love watching your vids on youtube. you have really given me alot of hope as a sonic mainer, so thank you.

also, how do you so flawlessly use the homing attack as an edgeguard/gimp? i have been working on it, and i can homing attack people to their doom, but only about 35% of the time.

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
Hey, glad you liked my vids =)

I've been working on a Sonic guide these days, it's about 40% complete, so look forward to it! :D

About the Homing Attack, some other threads covered this, but it really have to do with positioning yourself before HAing. Usually, being below your opponent works great. And don't forget to fastfall and add an aerial after the HA.

But don't worry, I'll cover this in my guide vid as well. :)

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Instant edge hogging is easy enough, but this is a funny trick, and who knows maybe we'll find an actual use for it later (u-smash spiking?) lol.

Tenki

Smash Hero
lol mindgames, probably :x

Also, if you 'smash' (...tilt?) quickly to about 3/4 in a direction, you can do a medium-speed run that you can do this 'infinite' run with, too xD

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
BTW, you can run normally and then hold the analog a bit back and the result will be a "slower run" as well.

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
The easiest, I think, is tapping the analog so you'll do a quick dash and then holding the analog a bit forward. Sonic you'll start his "full run animation", but at a slower pace. Then, holding the analog in that position will result in a "slow run", which you can use for this "infinite run".

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The easiest, I think, is tapping the analog so you'll do a quick dash and then holding the analog a bit forward. Sonic you'll start his "full run animation", but at a slower pace. Then, holding the analog in that position will result in a "slow run", which you can use for this "infinite run".
Oh so THAT is what this is. I never bothered looking at the video, so I had no idea.

I thought that once everyone started to tinker around with Sonic's dash properties that this became common knowledge.

Guess I was wrong.

When I did it the first time, I lol'd pretty **** hard.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
So do we have a name for Sonic's ability to fox-trot and slide a good extra distance before the fox-trot finishes?

To do what I'm saying... tap forward and hold long enough to do a full "grind style" slide, but not too long to start a full sprint. Then just barely press foward and sonic will slide even further.

You can get across final d in like 3 of these.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
darknes I noticed that as well, the game also counts that slide as actual dashing as well so it would work pretty well in setting an opponent up for a surprise dash attack~>up B~>Uair.

Apparently sonic only does that sliding animation after a fox trot and once you dash longer he does that full stop animation with both feet forward. It appears that only when he does that stop animation rather than the slide that he'll do a slow run.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
So do we have a name for Sonic's ability to fox-trot and slide a good extra distance before the fox-trot finishes?

To do what I'm saying... tap forward and hold long enough to do a full "grind style" slide, but not too long to start a full sprint. Then just barely press foward and sonic will slide even further.

You can get across final d in like 3 of these.
darknes I noticed that as well, the game also counts that slide as actual dashing as well so it would work pretty well in setting an opponent up for a surprise dash attack~>up B~>Uair.

Apparently sonic only does that sliding animation after a fox trot and once you dash longer he does that full stop animation with both feet forward. It appears that only when he does that stop animation rather than the slide that he'll do a slow run.
I wish I had a recording of it right now. I'm pretty convinced it only works well with characters who have long fox-trots.... sonic has one of the longest, no?

Top Bottom