• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Infection 2: Episode 1(Thread open for posting)

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Infection 2! is the followup to the first Infection!. Unlike the first Infection, however, this game is larger, with more plot. A lot more plot.

I haven't written up the full details of rules/points of the game, but the game is similar to Infection 1, with the following changes

1. The thread will not have a map. The map to this place is something you'll find, get, or make yourself. I'll always use NSWE directions to help you.

2. Plot. There is a mystery here, along with characters.

3. NPCs. There will be several NPCs that will be controlled by me. These people will not be "tagalongs", but independent characters, with their own personalities and motives.

4. Radios. You will not start out with a radio, radios as there are in other games won't be here (though they'll be in a different form), and therefore when the game starts out the game thread will not be used for talking.

5. AIM is a requirement. The game will be played only through IMs and PMs, though IMs are by far the best way to do it. PMs should mainly only be used to give generic actions if you're going away for a bit.

Infection 2 will technically take place over "3 games", though each one is standalone, with only a plot line that strings across all three of them. This is game 1, and game 2 will take place when this one ends. What happens through this game will affect game 2 and 3. if your character survives this game, they'll be in the next one (if you die you'll just come back as someone else).

Game is full, but sign up for replacements in case someone drops out

1. Evil Eye
2. Chad
3. TMW_Redcell
4. Handorin
5. Marshigio
6. Mr.Lombardi34
7. Pythag
8. Yaya
9. Tom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom!
10. MacMan
11. Rockin
12. McFox
13. Spam_Master
14. Mediocre
15. Smashbot 226
16. <3
17. HyperDragon
18. A6M Zero

Replacements: 1. Camo-man

RULES

-The Rules are similar to all Adventure games, except for the rules about the radio. You are not allowed to post in this thread about what you are doing, unless I tell you you can (don't ask for permission, if you can I'll inform you. It won't be for a while)

-There won't be a post saying "This is how long it's been, this is the plot info you need". This will all be in PMs. Some of you will have a clearer picture of how this went down then others

-You are not allowed to talk to other people in the game unless you are right beside them for any reason (unless you're not discussing game stuff). You cannot tell them "I'm here" or "oh I died". Unless you, say, find two way radios.

-Don't accept any of the common Zombie rules as fact. Though that also doesn't mean they're all not true, I mean it's not a zombie if it's not. But if your character knows about the zombies, ask me and I'll tell you what you know.

-Be specific about your actions

-You have to eat. You don't have to eat quite as often as in real life, but you do have to eat and drink or you will die. What you eat also affects you. If you eat nothing but sugar, you will crash. However, you don't have to "eat a balanced diet", but you can't just stuff yourself full of sugar and no carbohydrates then expect to be fine. Though of course, stuffing yourself full of sugar is better then nothing.

-If you leave in the group of someone else and don't specifically state "I don't give him dictatorship", then he will get dictatorship when he logs on if you're not also online. This is to keep the game moving fast. If you leave in the company of a group, give a certain person dictatorship, otherwise I'll randomly decide, or you can say you leave in the consensus of the group, which means they have to agree to move you.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
note: 15 is probably going to be the limit. I said no limit, but I meant "we can play with 6-8 people", not "we can play with 30!". I'll let it go a little over 15, but not too much.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Err, I have a couple of questions:

1: if there's power, wouldn't finding a map be as easy as finding a computer, as you could just google map the area?

4: OK, let's just take this not so hypothetical scenario into consideration: You are an avid camper and one of the things you got just happened to be, A RADIO (and one with hand crank power, I actually have one of those), wouldn't that also nullify the no radio rule?

5: I know what a PM is, but what's an IM?

Once all those are answered, I'll make my final decision.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
1) not easy. depending where you are and what kind of neiborhood would have it, it's hard to find something like a map. or even if there's just a small few.

2) what do you mean?

3) IM = Instant message. AIM = america Online Instant message.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
1: OK, that was obvious

2: there are survivor radios that some people happen to own, which are radios with a hand crank and a load of other **** (mine has a compass, mirror, flashlight, radio, flasher, and panic button [which won't be that helpful in a zombie swarm])

3: Oh, ****, I don't think I have that.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
1.This takes place several weeks after the first zombie outbreak. So the power will generally be out. However, if you find a map, you keep the map. No matter what. I have a map drawn and detailed, with several other maps made to give to people. Find a map however you want.

2. I just said "you won't start" with a radio, not necessarily that there won't be radios. There will be. You don't get to pick who you are/where you start/what you have, it's given to you, like the other adventure games. I'll post more in depth rules when the game starts

3. You have to use AIM or something compatible with AIM.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
OK, I'm not joining. If there's another one of these, Can you get rid of the "AIM is mandatory" rule?

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Nope, if you don't play on AIM then the game moves really really slow, and the fun of it is basically gone

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
And what is your friends name?

edit: putting him down as Mashad's friend. Almost closed guys

-Chad-

Slackerator
When do you think this will kick off?

Just asking because I'm goin to GA next weekend and won't have time to play till like Tuesday-ish....

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I expect it to start around tomorrow or Monday

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I plan to start this probably tonight, as we have a lot of people. People can still join for a little while after we start, so if you want to play still just post.

So I hope you guys will be on later tonight. To play, contact Infection2GM on AIM, which is a screen name I registered for this. My other screen names are Kielbasa75013 and NoSurprises23, which should all be connected to eachother so if I log onto one it should log onto all of them, so you can message any though I prefer the Infection2 screen name, as that way all of this stuff is saved separately, and later I can post it here when the game ends.

The game will start later on.

Game should start around 9ish PM, Central time.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
If not enough people are on, of course, we'll just start tomorrow

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Mcfox, to play you have to get on aim! And we all know you're incapable of that like you have been for the last several years :mad::mad::mad:

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I won't be able to make it on until 9:30ish, central. (CENTRAL time, Nine)

I forgot I live in Canada and the roads are awful.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I live in Central time and am ready to go.

I'll use this time to check the other topic for some kind of rules or instructions or something, because this topic has neither.

Top Bottom