• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

India Smash

junebug

Smash Journeyman
is there a smash scene in india?

if so, which parts?

and are any smashers around the bangalore area?

i'm guessing probably not, but doesn't hurt to try i guess.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
The Indian scene is focused in Washington state, I'm afraid. Washington has the best Indian smashers anywhere in the world. Vish, The Prime, Chip and Deva. The Indian Elite 4.

shadee88

Smash Apprentice
is there a smash scene in india?

if so, which parts?

and are any smashers around the bangalore area?

i'm guessing probably not, but doesn't hurt to try i guess.

There are video gaming tournaments in Blur Cafe in CHennai, and Super Smash Bros Brawl is one of the games....... but its pretty small i assume because there is only 1 setup per game and im not sure how good they are or if its more of a casual thing and not as competitive as here.....

Oldskool_88

Smash Rookie
NNID
Oldskoolgam3r4
I am from Bangalore and I play Melee , lack on smashers in India cause its heavily pc and playstation dominated community. ****in sucks.

pachakamakk

Smash Rookie
Hi there, i'm currently in India for a year for an exchange program. I'm in manipal, Karnataka, near udupi (one hour from mangalore). I'm looking for anyone to play smash with me, I play on my computer but it's not lag heavy so it's fine.
If any dude is up to play, that would be just amazing!
Don't hesitate to PM me!

shadee88

Smash Apprentice
Hi there, i'm currently in India for a year for an exchange program. I'm in manipal, Karnataka, near udupi (one hour from mangalore). I'm looking for anyone to play smash with me, I play on my computer but it's not lag heavy so it's fine.
If any dude is up to play, that would be just amazing!
Don't hesitate to PM me!
which smash games u play? and who do u main?

Baluthebear

Smash Rookie
There are video gaming tournaments in Blur Cafe in CHennai, and Super Smash Bros Brawl is one of the games....... but its pretty small i assume because there is only 1 setup per game and im not sure how good they are or if its more of a casual thing and not as competitive as here.....

Hey, smasher from Chennai here. Me and a few of my friends have been playing melee casually for years and recently started getting into the competitive scene. We also play some smash 4. Are you from Chennai? PM me if you're interested in playing smash with us

Baluthebear

Smash Rookie
I am from Bangalore and I play Melee , lack on smashers in India cause its heavily pc and playstation dominated community. ****in sucks.
Do you have a group of people in Bangalore who play melee? If so, would you guys be interested in setting up a crew battle? Would be fun

shadee88

Smash Apprentice
Hey, smasher from Chennai here. Me and a few of my friends have been playing melee casually for years and recently started getting into the competitive scene. We also play some smash 4. Are you from Chennai? PM me if you're interested in playing smash with us
I"ve been to Chennai last December. Smash is DEAD in India. Nintendo is DEAD in INdia.

I've been to BOTH major gaming lounges in INdia and BOTH have scrapped out their Nintendo Products in exchange to make room for PS4 and XBOX ONE alongside PS3 and XBOX 360...

I spoke to them about Super SMash Bros, I told them its a Nintendo Wii U game, and b/c of that they mistook it as some motion control type of games and mistakenly refered me to Kinect Sports titles? Seriously WTF???

I'm wondering where exactly is the tourney located? I'm more of a Brawl and Smash 4 player but I can give Melee a shot, but I'm currently living in US though.

Delmorir

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. A couple of my friends and I play melee. We are in Chennai as well. We should meet up sometime :)

shadee88

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys. A couple of my friends and I play melee. We are in Chennai as well. We should meet up sometime :)
After finding a needle in a haystack, the best "scene" is just friends hanging out.

most indian TOs are unwilling to give smash a chance :(

Delmorir

Smash Rookie
After finding a needle in a haystack, the best "scene" is just friends hanging out.

most indian TOs are unwilling to give smash a chance :(
Yup, but still fun. And definitely better than nothing :). Anyone in Chennai or nearby that wants to meet up and play smash, let me know. PM me or something :)

qwertz143

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
QWER#215
Switch FC
3943-7485-4011
Hey another thread about smash in india. We have got a melee scene in Bangalore. Gonna restart it before next month. I'll get back to this thread with more details when we finish setting up everything.

Ashrant Kohli

Smash Rookie
Hey, I know there's a smash scene in Chennai and Bangalore, but are there any other unlucky souls trapped in Delhi? Or am I just destined to play against the 20XX CPU all summer?

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
I live in Mangalore, play Smash 3ds, and I main Corrin. PM me if anyone's interested.

qwertz143

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
QWER#215
Switch FC
3943-7485-4011
Yo okay so I finally got melee monthlies to start here. We're gonna have one in like 2 weeks. Streamed and ****. No prize pool this time but if we constantly get entrants then we'll get a prize pool. Also we're planning to start a Smash India whatsapp group so pm me your number so that it's easy for us to communicate and organize tournaments. Thanks.

Redraven10

Smash Rookie
I'm in Chennai too but I am really new to melee. Have only played it for like five hours so far. I would really like to have someone I can have a conversation with about melee and learn some moves from. I play on my laptop with dolphin emulator. I wanted to play online but almost everyone is from NA and my ping is 200+ with tons of input lag. And none of my friends are interested in it.

dusk456

Smash Rookie
Hi, I am new to smash and just started playing a couple of months ago. I play SSB4 3DS. I am looking for a sparring partner to get better and play for fun. I am from Bangalore. Do reply if you are interested.
My FC: 0276-0750-8260
Nicname: Blitzar
Hoping to get some reply!

qwertz143

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
QWER#215
Switch FC
3943-7485-4011
Hello friends, I got Smash Ultimate confirmed for Dreamhack Mumbai on December 21st to 23rd.
There is going to be a 150,000 rupee ($2000) prize pool for Smash
This is the best I can do and if you guys support us, hopefully the Indian smash scene will become bigger and better!
https://dreamhack.com/mumbai/kofn

also junebug is finally in bangalore so expect him to show up at our next biweekly which will be streamed here https://twitch.tv/lxgtv

shadee88

Smash Apprentice
Hello friends, I got Smash Ultimate confirmed for Dreamhack Mumbai on December 21st to 23rd.
There is going to be a 150,000 rupee ($2000) prize pool for Smash
This is the best I can do and if you guys support us, hopefully the Indian smash scene will become bigger and better!
https://dreamhack.com/mumbai/kofn

also junebug is finally in bangalore so expect him to show up at our next biweekly which will be streamed here https://twitch.tv/lxgtv
wow.
how exactly did you get involved in this?

qwertz143

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
QWER#215
Switch FC
3943-7485-4011
We recently resumed OFFLINE WEEKLIES recently in BANGALORE and we now have a regular prize pool!
The next tournament will be on SUNDAY APRIL 4TH at 2PM with a ₹5000 PRIZE POOL!
Interstate travel isn't recommended and players from Maharashtra are banned from attending this tournament 😎
To be safe, there's a player cap, so please message me or respond in this thread if you're interested in participating 💃🏻

https://twitter.com/SSBMIndia/status/1375756490141696001

Top Bottom