• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Increased Hit Stun for Smash 4?

Increase Hit Stun for Smash 4?

• Total voters

valtykeaton

Smash Cadet
Alright, so I've been thinking about this for a while and I want to get other people's opinions in this.

In the last patch, we got changes to shield stun which was a huge blessing for me. It made shield feel less powerful and encouraged a more aggressive play style. I feel as though the shield stun change was a big step forward for the progression of Sm4sh, but now I feel there is something else Sakurai and his team could do - increase the hit stun. And I mean hit stun all around for every attack and every character.

I am aware that more hit stun would benefit the higher tiers more and the gap between high and low tiers would extend. I mean, depending on how drastic the hit stun increase was, Sheik could literally carry you into the blast zone with fair, provided she didn't catch a landing lag nerf in the patch to follow. But honestly, this is sacrifice I'm willing to make if it means helping Sm4sh.

As much as I love Sm4sh, being able to disrupt a combo mid string with a faster aerial or air dodge is frustrating. It's a case of:
Neutral game.
Land 2 - 3 hits.
Neutral game.
Rinse and repeat. And while characters like Robin and Link got a down throw buff, characters can still break out of the follow up because there's just not enough hit stun. I mean, I'd really love to see more hit stun for this game for this very reason and more.

But hey, that's just the opinion of one lowly Smasher. What about everyone else? How would you feel about a hit stun increase for Smash 4?

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
I think that we should leave it. While I do like the premise of increased combo potential, I feel that the decreased hitstun forces players to be smarter about their options and combos, especially at low percents when hitstun is low. It makes players work around combo breakers and airdodges. Airdodge baits work nicely now, with the 22 frame lag upon landing in one. And it's not as if combos don't exist in Smash 4.

As for helping out the lower tiers, just give them a straight-up buff, no need for such a universal change that benefits the high tiers even more: you'd be doing more damage than good by making, like you said, "the gap between the high tiers and low tiers [extend]" (I am sorry for proper punctuation, it's journalism class...)

valtykeaton

Smash Cadet
I think that we should leave it. While I do like the premise of increased combo potential, I feel that the decreased hitstun forces players to be smarter about their options and combos, especially at low percents when hitstun is low. It makes players work around combo breakers and airdodges. Airdodge baits work nicely now, with the 22 frame lag upon landing in one. And it's not as if combos don't exist in Smash 4.

As for helping out the lower tiers, just give them a straight-up buff, no need for such a universal change that benefits the high tiers even more: you'd be doing more damage than good by making, like you said, "the gap between the high tiers and low tiers [extend]" (I am sorry for proper punctuation, it's journalism class...)
That's quite true, actually. I didn't consider this fact. Certainly, Sm4sh does make you think more on your toes because of the ability to easily disrupt a combo. "Will Mario nair out of my down throw? Should I shield and punish it?". The game is surprisingly big on reaction time, and rewards good reaction more while games like, say, Melee and PM reward the player with better neutral game fundamentals since those games appear very momentum based. You could say, increasing hit stun would remove what makes Sm4sh what it is. And, of course, there's the fact it would increase the gap between high and low tiers more.

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
That's quite true, actually. I didn't consider this fact. Certainly, Sm4sh does make you think more on your toes because of the ability to easily disrupt a combo. "Will Mario nair out of my down throw? Should I shield and punish it?". The game is surprisingly big on reaction time, and rewards good reaction more while games like, say, Melee and PM reward the player with better neutral game fundamentals since those games appear very momentum based. You could say, increasing hit stun would remove what makes Sm4sh what it is. And, of course, there's the fact it would increase the gap between high and low tiers more.
You got it. I just feel that if hitstun was increased, the game would feel more autopilot, because the opponent has less options to get out of it. In addition, high tier characters with generally faster options would still be able to combo longer than low tiers, augmented even more by increased hitstun. Nintendo did try to fix the issue that the game is campy, and make it more momentum based, just like Project M and Melee by increasing shield stun, but I'm not so sure they should take it further. Baby steps.

-TAG-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuprSmashKing16
I would like to see increased hitstun though I do still see the problems it could bring. How does it make low tier characters suck more? It will definitely make the top tier more of a threat but increased hitstun benefits every character, does it not? All characters will access to their own form of combos rather than some like alot of the high-top tier characters. It would be a breathe of fresh air to see combos that don't seem like auto combos. Then again this is coming from someone who extensively played Brawl Minus. This will be a risk if they do consider increasing the hitstun values.

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
I would like to see increased hitstun though I do still see the problems it could bring. How does it make low tier characters suck more? It will definitely make the top tier more of a threat but increased hitstun benefits every character, does it not? All characters will access to their own form of combos rather than some like alot of the high-top tier characters. It would be a breathe of fresh air to see combos that don't seem like auto combos. Then again this is coming from someone who extensively played Brawl Minus. This will be a risk if they do consider increasing the hitstun values.
The problem with the increased hitstun isn't that it makes low tier characters worse, but it benefits high tiers much more. Characters with already incredible combo abilities such as Sheik, Pikachu, or Zero Suit Samus will have access to even more combos, while characters like Bowser will not have that many at all, even with increased hitstun. Also, I feel that increased hitstun will make combos feel MORE automatic, because there's no reaction at all. You can't break out of combos, so the attacker can just rush in as soon as they get a combo going. With Smash 4 you have be be aware of air dodges and combo breakers, resulting in smarter bait/punish games, while retaining the combo's at low/mid percents.

BlueFury

Smash Cadet
I can see the downsides to hitstun but I rather it be added mostly because people won't rely on grabs to start off combos which is basically the main way most players (even pros) start off their combos and/or strings. At the same time we don't want another clone of a previous smash game right. So I guess it depends on what else is added along with it to make the added hitstun not so much a drawback but a plus.

D

Deleted member 269706

No, I think the hitstun is fine as it is. Let me tell you why...I've been getting really into PM and Melee lately (games which have way more hitstun) and it is wonderful, FOR THOSE ITERATIONS OF SMASH. Smash Wii U isn't mean to be based around those types of combos. Hitstun allows characters to get more combos, so long as they are able to act quickly after landing a hit. For Sm4sh, this means that the fast characters (Sheik, Pikachu, Mario, Greninja, etc.) would benefit immensely, whereas slower/more delayed characters (Ganon, Bowser, maybe even Falco and Marth) would become both combo food, as well as weaker fighters in general. Sm4sh is about reads, covering options, and mindgames. Without L canceling for quicker gameplay, and the DI/SDI systems from the Melee/PM engines, we would just see major gaps form in the tier list, as well as the same dragged out combos. There wouldn't be near as much variation in combos as there are in Melee/PM and these combos would be hard to escape. Hitstun is a great aspect of these games, but it requires very specific attributes of the game to go along with it.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
You can't just change a mechanic as fundamental as this without major balance adjustments to go with it. Case in point, the removal of the original vectoring mechanics and the subsequent nerfs to a bunch of Uairs. When you don't you end up with things like Lucario's Aura Sphere shield break.

Shouxiao

Smash Journeyman
I like the current amount of hitstun in Smash 4. At the same time if it had a little more I think things would be fine. An increase in hitstun would not be bad if it is not too much. For example Smash 4 should not have SSB64 and Melee levels of hitstun.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Honestly? I don't see why it'd be necessary. Smash 4 is designed around the level of hitstun it currently has, and raising it would only benefit specific types of characters and harm most others.

This idea gets brought up every few weeks, and I still haven't seen a compelling argument for it.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Go play Melee or Project M if you're not satisfied with the amount of hit stun we currently have for Smash 4.

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
Hit stun needs to go up for very big hits. Particularly spikes into the stage where people can tech. It is extremely frustrating to hit people with an 18 frame d-air, then have them tech the landing AND be able to instantly air-dodge at higher than 60%. These moves make no sense right now, there are too many ways out of them. You have to guess if they tech, then read an airdodge/combo breaker, it's stupid.
The characters that would most benefit from an increase to spike hitstun are all but universally low-tier, this would be a great change to the base mechanics.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Hit stun needs to go up for very big hits. Particularly spikes into the stage where people can tech. It is extremely frustrating to hit people with an 18 frame d-air, then have them tech the landing AND be able to instantly air-dodge at higher than 60%. These moves make no sense right now, there are too many ways out of them. You have to guess if they tech, then read an airdodge/combo breaker, it's stupid.
The characters that would most benefit from an increase to spike hitstun are all but universally low-tier, this would be a great change to the base mechanics.
Well Pit's also got problems with how spikes work on grounded opponents and yet he's a high tier... The combos he could get out of it might end up putting him over the top.

They definitely need to change how spiked characters interact with the ground and after, especially at %s before a ground bounce will trigger, but that's a bit different then increased hitstun on every single move.

Pale Tuna

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sdarian
I feel that only certain attacks should have increased hit stun. Overall increase in hit-stun would make characters like Sheik impossible to beat. Course she would be balanced prior to a change in hit-stun. Some characters seem perfect to me as they are. Maybe give other characters more hit-stun on their attacks so they can combo reliably like Sheik, Luigi, and etc.

Shouxiao

Smash Journeyman
I feel that only certain attacks should have increased hit stun. Overall increase in hit-stun would make characters like Sheik impossible to beat. Course she would be balanced prior to a change in hit-stun. Some characters seem perfect to me as they are. Maybe give other characters more hit-stun on their attacks so they can combo reliably like Sheik, Luigi, and etc.
I think that is a great idea. Give certain moves more hit stun. Basically do things on an individual character basis. Some do not need to be touched at all.

randomguy1235

Smash Apprentice
If you want more degeneracy (guaranteed 0-death combos), go play Melee/PM. I don't understand how sitting through such a combo could be enjoyable for the opposing player. Might as well play Solitare while you wait.

Also, these changes would only increase the disparity between high tier and low tier characters, and with Melee and Brawl having atrocious balancing I'm not interested in those metas being replicated for a third iteration

Last edited:

Shouxiao

Smash Journeyman
If you want more degeneracy (guaranteed 0-death combos), go play Melee/PM. I don't understand how sitting through such a combo could be enjoyable for the opposing player. Might as well play Solitare while you wait.

Also, these changes would only increase the disparity between high tier and low tier characters, and with Melee and Brawl having atrocious balancing I'm not interested in those metas being replicated for a third iteration
As Palm Tuna said they could simply do it for characters on an individual basis and only for certain moves. Hitstun does not have to be high where there is death combos like Smash 64(everyone had them). Increasing it for certain moves would really help many low tier characters out. The high tier characters do not really need to be touched.

randomguy1235

Smash Apprentice
As Palm Tuna said they could simply do it for characters on an individual basis and only for certain moves. Hitstun does not have to be high where there is death combos like Smash 64(everyone had them). Increasing it for certain moves would really help many low tier characters out. The high tier characters do not really need to be touched.
In this case, I wholeheartedly agree.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
The problem being that hitstun cannot be increased for a single move without altering either damage or knockback. Wether or not a move combos is entirely dependent on frame data, damage and knockback.

BlueFury

Smash Cadet
As a few have said Melee/PM/Brawl Plus or Minus/SLHG make good alternates since vanilla sm4sh aim wasn't to be that way to begin with. It was meant to be a good balance of every smash created (at least that's what I believe) with it's on distictness.

leesinger

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yolo-swag420T.T
Hitstun increase on a global scale would be a terrible idea as many have stated already. However I do think the dev team should look at certain moves for each charachter and reevaluate a new formula that both aids the low tiers and doesnt make sheik more op. I agree with the guy who said that the down airs should have more hitstun. If I land a down air with ganon on someone, (which is a task in and of itself) they shouldn't be able to airdodge the followup.

valtykeaton

Smash Cadet
I'm glad I opened up this discussion. I've been allowed to see a lot of other people's opinions on the subject and I'd say my own opinions too have changed. Perhaps universal increase hit stun would be very bad.. (Zero Suit cheese REEEEEEEE--)

But, maybe the answer is increased hitstun on specific characters and specific moves. Like, say, more hit stun on Robin's throws would be fab. His/Her Hoo Hah would be monsterous, given the power of their up air. Unfortunately, I don't see Sakurai and his team doing something this specific. Especially considering Sheik is still... well, Sheik.

Seb9k+

Smash Cadet
NNID
Seb9kplus
Instead of increasing hitstun for every char, they should just add hitstun for the slower characters. Sheik, ZSS, Sonic or Falcon doesn't need increased, I'd even suggest decreased. But adding more hitstun to the slow characters with attacks that have huge lag would mean combos for everyone.

leesinger

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yolo-swag420T.T
Instead of increasing hitstun for every char, they should just add hitstun for the slower characters. Sheik, ZSS, Sonic or Falcon doesn't need increased, I'd even suggest decreased. But adding more hitstun to the slow characters with attacks that have huge lag would mean combos for everyone.
Right, but the point is that hitstun like shieldstun is based off of a formula that only the dev team knows. So changing a characters hitstun would effectively just translate to increasing the damage of the attack. Hitstun is based off of damage dealt and the rage mechanic. The dev team would have to alter this formula to some new iteration that allows for fast characters to not be rediculous, while allowing slower characters to actually gain acess to new combos.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
I agree that the heavier hitters would benefit greatly from higher hitstun, but in order to accomplish that you'd need some sort of fancy quadratic formula to calculate hitstun, since as-is the amount of hitstun an attack causes is actually directly tied to the amount of knockback caused. In fact, the hitstun formula for Smash 4 appears to be the same as it was in Melee.

What really increased Smash 4's combo potential compared to Brawl was the removal of the ability to air-dodge out of tumble after 13 frames or air attack out of tumble after 25, a global increase in fast-fall speed, and generally better frame data across the cast.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I like hitstun where it is... Well, perhaps just .5% more would be nice, but not much.

I'd rather have buffs/nerfs than hitstun changes

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
There are pros and cons to it. In the end it would do more harm than good, because do we really need Sheik comboing people more? And characters without combo breakers would be ****ed. More than they are now, in some cases.

Shouxiao

Smash Journeyman
There are pros and cons to it. In the end it would do more harm than good, because do we really need Sheik comboing people more? And characters without combo breakers would be ****ed. More than they are now, in some cases.
If it were to happen it should be done on a character basis. High tier characters would not get hitstun buffs but characters that really need it would.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
The only thing that needs to happen I think is meteors should gain the "impossible to tech" window and players should stay in hitstun when bounced off the ground.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
If it were to happen it should be done on a character basis. High tier characters would not get hitstun buffs but characters that really need it would.
I don't like the idea of group-specific buffs. If it's done to one person, it has to be done to them all. Now, hitstun increase on specific moves, like Doc's up air, that's fine, but you can't make changes to the game mechanics and only have them available to some characters.

Last edited:

Beach

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CallMeBeach
The only change I'd like is no air dodges out of tumble and untechable ground spikes, because let's be honest we're not gonna be getting Melee levels of hitstun.

Last edited:

Shouxiao

Smash Journeyman
I don't like the idea of group-specific buffs. If it's done to one person, it has to be done to them all. Now, hitstun increase on specific moves, like Doc's up air, that's fine, but you can't make changes to the game mechanics and only have them available to some characters.
That what I meant. Basically increase hitstun on many moves for the lower tier characters. The game mechanics would still be the same however.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
The only change I'd like is no air dodges out of tumble and untechable ground spikes, because let's be honest we're not gonna be getting Melee levels of hitstun.
Technically, this game DOES have Melee levels of hitstun. Infact, so does Brawl. All three games share the same hitstun multiplier.

The thing is, Brawl introduced changes such as being able to airdodge out of both hitstun and tumble, and Smash 4, while removing the former, kept the latter. That's why combos are actually possible in Smash 4 but not as much as in Melee. There's also other factors as well, such as the fact that attacks themselves generally cause more knockback and have more recovery frames than they did in Melee.

So it's not really the hitstun that's the problem here, it's just some issues that come from Smash 4's physics, character balance, and mechanics.

Last edited:

High Entia

Smash Rookie
One of the best parts of Smash 4 is it's balance and an increase in hitstun would not only make the low tiers worse, but it'll make everyone who doesn't strive off of combos even worse. This game is meant to be balanced around all playstyles, not to have one playstyle that trumps all others. Basically, Sheik, Pikachu, Zamus, Mario, and all the other combo heavy characters get massively buffed and everyone else falls off the face of the earth. Then, the game literally becomes Melee 2.0 and we just see the same five characters in every match since you literally can't hope to do anything unless you use one of them.

LozNerd

Smash Apprentice
I would like more hitstun because of the airdodge system making it hard to do fun combos.

BunbUn129

Smash Ace
I found out about this thread a little late. Anyway, I had a lengthy conversation with one of my friends over this hitstun issue. To get things started, I think increasing hitstun would do a massive favor for the game. That, or other changes need to be made. My opinion is difficult to formulate, and I apologize if the post jumps about from different points. I'll refer to hitstun increase as HI.

Now people would disagree and argue that increasing hitstun universally would only separate the top-tiers from the low-tiers further. A universal hitstun increase would, no doubt, benefit the combo potential of all characters, no exceptions. Let's look at Sheik vs Ganondorf. With the current hitstun, it's, at best for Ganon, 70-30. Poor neutral, horrid mobility, combo food, terrible recovery, and lack of combos. If you do HI, at least in theory, the match-up stays as is, or actually slightly shifts in Ganon's favor. Ganon gains more combos, but becomes even more helpless against them. But let's look more closely. Imagine if his d-tilt could combo into Flame Choke. Off those two hits, he gets about 25%. If he tech-chases and gets another Choke, that's 37%. Off only three hits. But why would the HI be a fair change?

First off, regardless of such changes, Ganon's terrible neutral game is not benefited at all. He still has difficulty landing that one hit. And, when he does land a hit, at best, he gets 25% damage. On the other hand, Sheik has arguably the best neutral game. Off one combo, she can deal up to 50%, probably more considering Ganon's physics. Not only does she deal more damage off of one confirm, but getting the confirm is far easier as well. With HI, yes, Sheik gets even more combos, but Ganon can put his power to better use, and he can more readily take advantage of her poor endurance. Does Ganon win with HI? Absolutely not. But he gets far more reward off of winning with his terrible neutral game. Also, the reason why top-tiers are top-tiers is because they are the only ones with strong combo games. Sheik, Pika, MK, ZSS, Ryu...the list goes on. Go to the low-tiers. Ganon, Bowser, Mewtwo, Zelda... at best, their combos pale in comparison to the top-tiers. Look at Melee's tier list. The game's physics favor combo-oriented gameplay. Even low-tiers, such as Mewtwo, had strong combos. They were low-tier because they had poor neutral games. Fox and Falco weren't top tier because of their Shine combos, but because they could shut down everyone else in neutral. I'm not trying to argue which is a better game, but Melee's character balance, though worse, is actually more dynamic. You could find success with any character, but some carried more risk than others. In Sm4sh, low-tiers carry high-risk and low reward.

Now there are many people who would say HI would result in auto-combos; basically, HI equals easier and more effective combos. They reason that you should have to read your foe's reactions. I agree. Yes, I shouldn't be able to land free hits. But the thing is, the game's engine still heavily favors the defender (even with the shield-stun changes). "If they air dodge, punish it," some would say. They have apparently completely forgotten that air dodges have a minimal 5 frames of ending lag. No matter what it is, 5 frames of ending lag is ALWAYS safe. In fact, not even most tilts can beat that ending lag. "But air dodges have 22 frames of landing lag!" Bob shouts out. Correct, but most combos take place too high in the air for that to matter, and they can simply avoid it by interrupting it with a low-lag aerial. I'd be perfectly content with the current hitstun if the game didn't have a combo-cancel button. In fact, if you asked me, I'd say keep the hitstun as is, but give air dodges much higher ending lag. That way, the opponent has a chance to escape, but the offender still has the chance to score a follow-up. Melee handled the air dodge system very nicely: it gave you intangibility, but it left you in a much worse position after it wore off, thus making it a last-resort option. Melee has the same hitstun as Sm4sh, but the way air dodging worked in Melee balanced the fight: it gave the defender an option, but it did not completely shut down an offender's follow-ups. I'm not here to say Melee is a better game. That's subjective. In fact, Melee's air dodge system, while well-done, still overly favored the offender.

Back to Sm4sh. Another thing that hurts combos is the DI system. Vectoring, oh, my dear vectoring... You'll notice that vertical combos are far more consistent than horizontal ones, yes? Why are up aerials always the best combo moves? Not because they're weaker, but because they aren't affected by vectoring as much as more horizontal-knockback moves. Both Fox's and Sheik's down throws have the exact same base knockback, but Fox's has a more horizontal angle. It's far more difficult to combo off of his down throw than off Sheik's, whose d-throw can combo even past 100%.

Not to sound patronizing, but have you gotten my point yet? Many would argue against HI because it favors the offender, because it helps only the top-tiers. "A player should be given options to break opposing combos." This is the thing: there are already enough ways to end combos. Safe, spammable air-dodging, and noob-friendly (pardon me) horizontal vectoring. Horizontal vectoring makes it much easier to escape combos than regular DI from past games. Flying farther is always more effective than simply changing your launch angle. Low-tier heavyweights will be more vulnerable, sure. But they still have safe air dodges and vectoring.

Melee and Smash 64 have very long-winded combos. Saying it's because of higher histun is such an over-simplification of the full picture. Let's look at Melee. Same hitstun. But you have much higher falling speeds, unsafe air dodging, L-cancelling, and DI that rewards players for knowing how to use it. All those play into why the game is so combo-oriented. In Sm4sh, you have spammable air dodges, vectoring, moderate falling speeds, no L-cancelling, and moves that generally deal higher knockback. With that said, increasing hitstun won't harm gameplay. It would make it more skill-based, more entertaining, deeper, and all that without impairing the game's balance.

"But who said we need long combos? We don't need Melee 2.0. Sm4sh is about the neutral game!" And, here we go. Even if Sm4sh is about the neutral game, it's nowhere near as interesting as the neutral game in Smash 64 or Melee. I'm going to drop this one: Brawl's neutral game has more depth. In Brawl, you have glide tossing, DACUSing, character-specific techniques like Falco's auto-cancel lasers and QAC, and aerials that have better auto-cancel frames. In Melee, you have L-cancelling, wavedashing, dash dancing, SHFFL, and character-specific techniques like the Shine techniques. Sm4sh? Pivoting. It doesn't go much farther than pivoting. And Diddy's bananas, let's not forget those.

If Sm4sh's neutral game lacks depth, then, in my opinion, HI is very much needed. Neutral, short combo, neutral, short combo, neutral... And throw in a read and a 50-50 here and there. That's Sm4sh gameplay. The combos, while much more frequent than in Brawl, are still very limited overall. Better combos than Brawl, but its neutral game is the least interesting of them all.

So what should we do as a community? People complained about the lack of shield-stun, and we got that in an update. Should we ask for air dodges to be nerfed? Should we ask for more hitstun? Or should we ask for horizontal vectoring to be removed? Heck, we could band together and cry for L-cancelling, and that might just work. I, personally, have started a petition to remove horizontal vectoring.

https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-r...g-in-smash-4-bring-back-directional-influence

Of course, to each his own. Pardon me for any mistakes or overly strong opinions. And, no, I didn't write this to start a flame war of Melee vs Sm4sh.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I say leave it as is, it's fine, other things could be addressed instead.
I would like more hitstun because of the airdodge system making it hard to do fun combos.
Sounds like less of a hitstun issue and more of an air dodge issue. They nerfed ground dodging but nothing in the way of the air dodges. They should fix that.

LozNerd

Smash Apprentice
I say leave it as is, it's fine, other things could be addressed instead.

Sounds like less of a hitstun issue and more of an air dodge issue. They nerfed ground dodging but nothing in the way of the air dodges. They should fix that.
They did give airdodges some landing lag but its still pretty annoying. I wish they would just make it have a couple more frames of starting/ending lag and make it a couple frames shorter (of invincibility).

Top Bottom