• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In it to win it: An "In-depth" Guide on Mr. Game & Watch (IN PROGRESS)

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Sweet. I'll remember that "use as a base" = "pretty much completely copy" next time.

And asking first would've been nice.

I'm not trying to be mean or overly nitpicky, it's just that the PBR put a ****ton of work into our guide, and formatting it took me a little less than forever. It's a little jarring to follow a link here and think, "Wait...... I wrote a G&W guide?"

Btw, kewl, LOL @your sig. I don't advocate hitting women (obviously), but..... rofl. I don't like her.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Chill out maybe?
I gave a placeholder credit as I intend to give you guys complete and comprehensive credit later when I get far enough into this to have a credits section. There is exactly zero need to get so defensive about something like this; If I were a real jerk I wouldnt even mention using your guide as a format and would have no intention of giving credit later. To be frank, I don't have to give credit at all.

Though, I'm not that sort of person, and I do intend to give the credit you guys deserve in due time. Just relax, you guys should be proud if anything that the quality of your guide was so good that people would be emulating it.

Also, I didn't really rip it off completely. Using it as a base is 100% accurate, whereas saying it's a complete copy is definitely false. I do take offense to this claim, as I have taken the time to, while keeping your general format and the cool features included, make sure it stands out enough as a separate entity.

In other news, NoJ is the only ****** on the G&W forums. He's also a troll. NoJ, please refrain from posting anything else in this thread, as any reasonable explanation for why I do anything goes over your head or is ignored.

edit: Also, I don't intend to do hitbox pictures in this thread. Much like with what I will be adding to the G&W Frame Data thread, I will be doing hitbox pictures there and then REFERENCING and LINKING the frame data thread in this guide to redirect someone there if they are interested in a more precise showing of G&W's hitboxes. For the most part, the animation is pretty close to where the hitbox hits in reality, so the need to include them here over the frame data thread is nonexistant.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Ooookay, attitude + essay wasn't needed, but, uh.

Great, can't wait to see the final product.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Well, to be fair, you came in with a passive aggressive attitude yourself, which got me worked up :/

but thanks regardless KayLo. I really do appreciate the work you guys did.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Np.

Btw, @the bair stuff: a simple solution is to list the aerial hitboxes (altogether) and the landing hitbox separately. That's what I did for Pika, and it eliminates any need for special notes or confusion about how many hits you're referring to.

Just a suggestion.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Done and done.

Hopefully that puts an end to NoJ's god awful complaints and insults heh. Thanks for that too.

mustard g&w

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4639-9942-4908
I think it would be a good idea to post links that went more into detail about the move such as your own bucket list and strategy guide and the down throw and Uair guides and whatever others their might be. It would be very helpful.

lain

Smash Master
when i watched that GW video i saw you get grabbed and lose a stock very first thing, you are obviously wrong and i stopped watching abruptly.

Other than that, the IC just kept jumping into your attacks. They weren't smart about that matchup. ICs who don't understand that matchup are 1) easy to combo 2) easy to read 3) easy to kill

Just for the record, I've pretty much 3-stock ***** every G&W in the nation, IN TOURNAMENT, EXCEPT Needle of Juntah who whoops my *** with G&W every time.

Take that, character who's supposedly reached his peak!

NOJ might not be very respectful, or not-drunk when he's on the boards, but he's the best you guys got.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Lol, or he actually has matchup experience?
Seriously though, take the semi matchup discussion/semi insult-fest elsewhere.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Awesome guide. Maybe you should add into the B-air section about dropping down near a ledge, hitting the opponent with 1-3 hits and immedeatly up-B stage spiking them :o.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
srly,bump .__.

i think you were doing well so far tho esc....

edit:
what are u planning on working on next tho?

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
well excuse me for trying to bring life in these dead boards T-T

im looking forward to this tho
STICKY THIS UTDWACK D:<

Never Emperor

Smash Cadet
Wait what? NoJ don't look that good. o_O
I cannot find many recent videos of "NOJ" but the teams videos in the other thread looked decent I thought. Can you show me video of the best G&W please I want to learn the ways of the mastah!

MrEsc, I approve of this guide. I started using usmash more often and it's pretty good stuff. What about a section for mINdGaEmz?

edit: yeah still needs a section on grabs and the strategies behind those.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Of course of course. I plan on getting to all of that ASAP, but right now I need to work on finishing the specials. I did Dair yesterday, so if I missed anything lemme know. I will be doing specials next.

After moveset, the more useful parts like approaching and whatnot will be covered.

Top Bottom