• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In a Galaxia far far away...

Pima

Smash Journeyman
I think it's good that you can miss it that easy. Metaknight is already too overpowered to have a lawlz i p00n j0u Final Smash

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
What's weird is that "Galaxia" is the name of the sword in the anime! Hmmm...
What is so weird about that? The anime is an official anime that uses the official franchise characters. If the name of his sword is Galaxia, it's Galaxia. If it's Galaxia in the anime, it's Galaxia in general for the whole franchise, since it's official. Kirby games don't have much dialogue, unlike anime. Why would they waste time naming the sword? XD

Tobi-

Smash Ace
This is getting annoying how everyone is saying " Oh, the update is lame, it sucks".

Geez, be happy there's even an update at all today.

Deathparasol

Smash Journeyman
The question is, do you know where you are? HMMM?
I like this final smash because, well, it looks cool. Even though you can miss, which is unfortunate, it's nice to look at. I couldn't see it that well in the E for All vids, so this is nice.

You can tell I'm good with any update, even if it's just a FS. Fridays are usually more interesting though, so we'll see tomorrow.

SirPenguin

Smash Journeyman
I assume you Luigi people are joking, considering it's a continuation of the previous screen showing Mario.

Anyways, as said, updates like this have to come eventually.

Meta_Knight_14

Smash Cadet
Not every update can be earthshatteringly amazing guys. I love this one personally. And yeah like some people have said, it's possible to miss with just about every characters final smash.

Anyone remember the Gamespot video where the guy tried to show us Samus's Final Smash? Well it hit, but because he didn't time it properly, it didn't do nearly as much damage and didn't even kill Mario. So yeah, everyone needs to stop whining about the possibility of a miss.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Not everything needs to be mind blogging or he'd evenually run out of updates .... Just take it for what it is and leave it.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Dyce is crazy. (Just had to say it! :chuckle:)

It's not an awful Final Smash, it's just very limited in its range. One cannot deny its killing power, however. I only recall seeing one video in which MK did not kill the opponent with a connecting Galaxia Darkness. (What a cool name!)

And now, I will once again take up my mantra: Lucas' SM tomorrow!
No, you crazy dawg! :chuckle:

And even though it's a missable attack, it has a pretty big hitbox. Like a lingering attack with a large hitbox. So basically, if your opponent in within a reasonable distance in front of MK, you should have no problem with the FS.

P.S.- I'm lobbying for Lucas' SM right along with you!

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Metaknight's FS is limited but powerful if hit. Kinda like in pokemon and those one hit Ko moves. They are low in hitting but some people still use it. Anyway back on topic Metaknight players will have to find a good strategy for this move like do it in a crowed and more.

I personally am going to practice with it until I nail it. Besides FSs are not everthing to win in Brawl.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
hey... they didnt name it in the game... so y not use the name from the anime? (^^)v
This is true. Although, I do recall in Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, Kirby uses Meta Knight's sword, and Kirby's form is known as "Master", leading some to believe that the sword was called Master, but whatever.

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
I liked the update, I didn't know that he slices everybody in the darkness that he can get to. Sounds really kickass and looks pretty good too. If somebody isn't good enough to hit with that gigantic cape then they didn't deserve the smash ball in the first place.

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
It does suck that you can possibly miss the Final Smash
Well, you can miss with just about every Final Smash. Some are just easier to hit with. This is more of a high risk/high reward move (all or nothing, really). It's harder to miss with some of the others, but a single hit with the other Final Smashes isn't nearly as powerful unless your opponent is already at a high %.

I remember someone reported that it seemed (wasn't 100% sure) that everyone else on the stage took around 30% when Meta hit someone with this Final Smash. So maybe others closeby get hit along with the primary, and people further just take damage. Will be interesting to test out, but it's range seems to not be quite as narrow as it first appears.

Double updates are prolly mostly gone, due to the release being pushed back.

Can you initiate FSes in the air?
From what I've seen, yes. Unsure if it's character specific, but pretty sure I've seen a few activate in mid-air (including Peach and Sonic, and someone reported using Link's horizontal start-up movement to actually get back to the stage after being knocked off).

Most people would agree, they never make threads in the Dojo update section about Final Smashes, why should Meta Knight have one?
Peach has one for her FS, which we learned of after already seeing videos of it, and it's actually been staying near the top of the forum.

Meta Kirby

Smash Cadet
This is one really cool Final Smash! Everybody knows that Meta Knight is massively overpowered so they had to balance it somewhere. Besides, it is still amazingly powerful and one of the coolest looking FS's on the street! Peach's FS was weird and slightly useless. YOU PUT PEOPLE TO SLEEP AND DROP PEACHES FROM THE SKY!!!!!! DEMENTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And weak. After putting them to sleep you only have Peach's regular moves, i think... (Unless!... I am entirely wrong).<(^.^<) That is genius!!!!

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
"I assume you Luigi people are joking, considering it's a continuation of the previous screen showing Mario."

I'm not joking. but hey, if tonight is Luigi I'll be right, if it isn't, then no one will ever know.

yoshi_friend

Smash Apprentice
This is a great final smash!!! I hope Sakurai can manage to pull this off again and again

Albiel

Smash Apprentice
While not my favorite final smash (that position is reserved for Link's) Meta Knight's does look pretty cool.

Still, I am a bit worried about the range, I mean, it does look cool and everything, but it doesn't seem like something that'd be too practical against other players, at least when compared to Sonic's or Bowser's, for instance.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Nothing eventful or exciting as we've already seen this in E for All footage. I'm kind of insulted that it wasn't double updated with something else. Would've been a good chance to knock out a Music or Item update at the same time.

But I was expecting worse, so I'll survive.

Sprigginz_Caldo

Smash Apprentice
Fox's FS was much more interesting, and we got two updates that day. D:

Oh well, still love ya MK.

Top Bottom