• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In a Friendly Fire doubles...

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
Just curious. What does a Diddy do?

I'm thinking that it would be easy for both to gang up on the Diddy. If Diddy's teammate comes over, he has a good chance of slipping on bananas.

What exactly do you do about this?

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
You use naners anyways :D

But really, you'll have to make your teammate go someone different. Maybe split up one person per opponent?
I'm saying, what if your teammate can't keep the other back, and instead they go in to team up on you? Your teammate is forced to join the fight with Diddy, which results in him being tripped by bananas. How do you deal with your opponent if he decides to leave the fight against your teammate and join the fight against you?

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
I have two friends that figured this situation out.

One uses Diddy. The other uses Jigglypuff, who stays in the air and comfortable away from the bananas.

3transfat

Smash Journeyman
Diddy Kong is generally not a good teammate, as his bananas, a critical part of his gameplay, can easily be turned against both players.
Doubles is why many people have a secondary. For me it is King Dedede.

Konwukulups

Smash Cadet
I'm saying, what if your teammate can't keep the other back, and instead they go in to team up on you?
In my experience, that's when diddy functions his best in doubles. Your opponents have to worry about bananas and friendly fire, while your teammate is free to pick and choose attacks.

Also I agree that he's not a good doubles character unless your teammate has an intimate knowledge of (and willingness to use) banana play. It's really asking a lot of your teammate when you play as diddy.

Irsic

Smash Ace
I had a teammate use Meta (always a good partner AMIRITE LOL) ANYway, we were both pretty good at relaying bananas to each other, and a very key part of our killing came from Diddy's dair. I don't know how, but my teammate was extremely good at (you're gonna lol@this!) downsmashing our opponents right into my dair off the stage. Hilarious I know, it happened A LOT. You would think it would just be luck the first time, but again and again...

I don't know, make sure your teammate knows how to handle bananas. That should get around your problem.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I team with a Zelda regularly and bounce between Sonic and Diddy. We don't seem to have much a problem. We'd played against each other a good amount of times and understood our styles, I stick to one banana unless it get's flung in the midst of his fight. He keeps his eyes open cause he loves to throw Din's Fire and I do like wise.

Just control your Banana, I find it really easy to do on stages with a bit of space and only one banana. I pull the second when we hit 2 v 1 or when I toss one at my someones back for an easy smash set up for Zelda. It's a ludicrously simple Damage Dealer/Killer team but it's worked well for us so far.

The key is an teammate that can keep track of things and understands what a Diddy plays like from the start.(When i team with randoms in friendlies I often go Big DK to be safe though, a secondary is always a good idea.)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
just look at any tourney diddy teams match to see what they do. Multiple people, including myself, have posted team tourney vids with diddy.

and for the record, diddy can be great in teams

DUB

Smash Lord
I've got some kinda old Diddy vids on here somewhere. Was my partner and I's first time doing 2v2 in a tourney. I didn't use bananas as much because I though it would mess him up. Truth is, they are great in 2v2 as well. He plays a Donkey Kong, I rack up, he kills, works nicely. We need moar Diddy in teams.

IDK

Smash Lord
play marth. seriously. diddy doesnt work well in doubles IMO. unless you are with someone with some really powerful attack charging it waiting for them to trip while their teammate is dead. in that case, diddy wins.

pastaboy

Smash Champion
blah i say this all the time. luigi is a great team partner for diddy kong. luigi's glide toss is extrmly good and can lead into a downsmash or even shryouken. By having diddy **** and go nuts with bananas it causes your opponents to be more vulnerable(tripped). This is an extremly good oppurtunity for luigi as he can just run up and shroyuken them killing them around 60%, even if he misses it isnt that punishable.
lol team sidekicks

PurityX

Smash Cadet
Basically, if Diddy is good with nanners, and his team mate knows how to deal with them, it's all good. :psycho:

Top Bottom