• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Improved Sonic Footstool Combo

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I know what the point of the lock is, i was just saying it would be very hard (impossible was wrong word choice) to pull of this kind of craziness in an intense 1v1 high skill match..

No.

One of the reasons why I never really put time to learn this before was because of this limit:

Around 30% and higher (eh, different for each char, but something like that), a spring will put them in the "ow" inescapable "stun" phase (like Dedede's d-throw, or Sonic's tipped D-tilt, Nana F-air under 40%... etc). So if you hit them with a spring after say, 25%, the spring will actually save them from the jab lock.

But hey, free 40 damage doesn't sound too bad `.`;
Oh, well I guess it wouldn't work anyway so I can stop defending myself :p

Tenki

Smash Hero
Yeah, so recently, I've been using side-B (head landing)/ASC>Footstool to force rolls or whatever for kill setups. I usually chase rolls with foxtrot > Fsmash.

Discuss?

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Tenki, is it possible to jab lock to the end of the stage then jump over them then fast fall Nair on the other side of their body and continue the jab lock to the other side of the stage? If so it could cause massive damage. I saw a Link do it on youtube so...

Tenki

Smash Hero
Tenki, is it possible to jab lock to the end of the stage then jump over them then fast fall Nair on the other side of their body and continue the jab lock to the other side of the stage? If so it could cause massive damage. I saw a Link do it on youtube so...
I believe Sonic's jump is too slow to pull that off. There's a chance that N-air continuing or breaking the jab lock will be %-specific.

ANYWAY,

side-B hop/ASC to head > instant-SH-footstool > chase smash.

= Ganondorf-style tech setup?

discuss.

Top Bottom