• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Improved L-canceling AI

KingClubber

Smash Ace
In a dark underground base in the middle of L.A
I wouldn't mind collaborating, but if he just wants to work on his own that fine.

It's just his video messages is completely wrong, The Ai does get attention, and it is being worked on. The thing is..

I work by myself.

That is why there isn't huge improvements, no else help's me with coding this stuff. Dantarion, and Bero gives me tools to work with, Playtester give me info i might need, and the rest of the PMBR is working on other things.

Ai isn't widely known like PSA, so no one can really help even if i asked for it. If he wants to pick up on the slack, great. But what he has done isn't so great that he went through all the trouble of making a video just to say "Ai is bad, but i can do something about it."

If he's serious about it, that's wonderful. My offer still stands, if he or anyone else needs help you can private message me anytime, even if it's just an request that you'd like to see in the next update that is Ai related.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Haha was he dodging off the side of the stage? Or trying to be fancy and kill you off the stage without being able to recover? Those are usually how it happens to me heheh. Sometimes they even blatantly just jump off the stage, do something fancy... and then die, when you're on the complete opposite side of the stage lol

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
This is awesome, enjoying the hell of it. Definitely going to help me improve since I play alone often :grin:

210stuna

Smash Lord
Aye yo this idea is pretty dope, but when I downloaded I didn't really notice much of a change on certain characters.

Did you only modify certain players to certain degrees or what? Either way I guess it's better then before by a bit.
Thanks

YrxO

Smash Rookie
About 50 hours cumulatively. That includes learning how to do any editing of any kind.
How do you get the code to edit AI ?
I've tried to open .pac files with BrawlBox and Ash but I haven't found any "code" file.

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
The CPUs are noticeably more aggressive and combo-y. Nice work, its actually fun to play against the CPU now.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Not saying that I don't like it or anything but why is "This sucked and we fixed it" the general Project M writing style?

Nguz95

Smash Lord
Not saying that I don't like it or anything but why is "This sucked and we fixed it" the general Project M writing style?
Because it's hard to render actual thoughts into written words. I'm not speaking for anybody when I say this, but I find getting the correct message into words is incredibly difficult. I can't compromise with immediate correction because I can't move the conversation forward until after a response has been given.
If, in fact, they did not make a mistake in their delivery, I wouldn't worry about it too much. You guys are doing an incredible job, but people will always complain because they feel like they can change it by complaining enough.

Mr. Mistress

Smash Rookie
So TC, will you continue with fixing the ai? I love what you did with the L-canceling, but maybe something can be done about the constant air-dodging to death?

bleyva

Smash Ace
Very nice contribution to the project, Tailsmiles!

Hope to see more in the future :)

Wrestlemania

The Steel Chair
Is this compatible with 2.6 as is? Or would it get rid of things like Falco's mulitshine taunt and jiggs being hungry for those rests?

Top Bottom