• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

important question regarding ike and a new main

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Well, i'll start by saying that i was an avid ike player, and i am considered the best ike player in my country , (though that doesnt mean too much, since i live in a small country and i am sure there are lots of better ike players out there) but now i feel like giving up on ike since too many people are using him and, well, ill just say i dont enjoy ike dittos, so the question is:

could you tell me what character i could main that has a similar playing style to ike?

Pabs

Smash Cadet
No character really has a playstyle like Ike, or any other character for that matter, that's part of why brawl is fun to play. Your best bet is to just try every character out, see who you find an attachment too. For reference, I main Ike and I find it fun to play as Lucario and Ganondorf, two characters that have very little in common with Ike.

Cero

Smash Lord
I used to main Ike as well...but at the same time-I also used Lucario
why? because they both felt comfortable and similar in playstyles

both are played in a way of properly spacing your opponents and punishing their mistakes
they both have laggy moves (though Lucario has an abundance of faster moves) and both have long and deceptive ranges (Lucario has it better in this department-aura spheres FTW)
they both have counter moves as well-which is also a plus...

Lucario is very floaty though and he's still not as strong as Ike (even when he gets at his max damage multiplier-200%) so that'll need some getting used to
but, he's a faster overall character and speed is always a good thing
just try him out and see what happens. you might actually end up liking him :)

oh and just curious-what country are you from anyway? :confused:

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Nobody plays Ike in tournaments... he's overused online but the online demographic is about 75% ******* and n00bs. Chances are if you enter a tournament as an Ike main you'll be alone. More people play Snake, Metaknight, Wolf, Lucario, DDD for tournaments. But I take it you're not a tournament player...in that case I guess you're right. Oh well...

apmpnmdslkbk

Smash Journeyman
hay sliven just wondering about your IM i searched at AIM.com for your profile and there were like 11 people with the same name so can you give me some info. Oh and my IM is the same as my sboards profile name aswell. Sorry payasofobia for taking up your threads space.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
silven, i actually go to tournaments, i went to lots of melee ones, but i havent got a chance to go to a brawl one for personal reasons, so you have a point .
still, i decided to change my main to the g-dorf and ike will be my secondary

BTW to anyone asking i live in panama

Tenki

Smash Hero
Haha, I moved to Ganondorf for a little bit - he uses sideB, d-tilt, and d-air alot more than Ike does. Tilts and stuff. Very fun. Like a... sumo wrestler.

Changing to him won't be so hard since Ike is already slow. Just relearn the spacing for him and know when and which moves lag, and you'll be okay, I think ^^;

FEaR.7

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FEaR.7
Wait, so you are considered the best Ike in your country yet you haven't attended any Brawl tournaments... hmmm...

Sans Glutin

Smash Ace
What about Bowser? My friend mains him and I main Ike and we've decided that the playstyles seem pretty similar. They are both slow characters, they both rely on mindgames, correct spacing is essential for both, and they both are very powerful.

I'm not sure, i've never played Bowser, but it looks good on paper.

Top Bottom